PDA

View Full Version : Charisma based checks

Catalysis
2014-05-12, 07:12 PM
Hey people of the internet! Here is a little introduction with the Nymph's Kiss feat description.

"Fey creatures regard you as though you were fey. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-related checks, and a +1 bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities. Starting with the level when you take this feat, you gain 1 extra skill point per level."

I just wondered how large is the definition of a charisma based check. Does this feat count for, say, influençons someone through the charm personne spell? Does it gives +2 to any cha based competence? If I were to attack with charisma, because I took some obscure feat like charming the arrow, would I get a +2 on the roll?

In short, what is the potential of this feat?

Thank you for taking your time answering random questions like mine:smalltongue: !

holywhippet
2014-05-12, 07:22 PM
Yes to charm person because it is a charisma check. Yes to all skill checks if that skill is charisma based. Charming the arrow would be a no though since it is an attack roll, not a check.

Catalysis
2014-05-12, 07:28 PM
Yes to charm person because it is a charisma check. Yes to all skill checks if that skill is charisma based. Charming the arrow would be a no though since it is an attack roll, not a check.

Well thanks:)

But is there any other broad type of checks (like skill check) this feat would apply to?

ArqArturo
2014-05-12, 07:30 PM

Besides magic, how do you charm and arrow?.

'Hey there. You look... Pointy'.

Telonius
2014-05-12, 07:50 PM
If you somehow got an ability to Turn or Rebuke Fey (like Cleric can Turn or Rebuke Undead) the bonus would apply to it. I don't know of an ability like that offhand, but it probably exists somewhere.

Catalysis
2014-05-12, 07:51 PM
Besides magic, how do you charm and arrow?.

'Hey there. You look... Pointy'.

I loled at this XD

Catalysis
2014-05-12, 07:53 PM
If you somehow got an ability to Turn or Rebuke Fey (like Cleric can Turn or Rebuke Undead) the bonus would apply to it. I don't know of an ability like that offhand, but it probably exists somewhere.

I'll do some search on turning, thanks!

holywhippet
2014-05-12, 08:01 PM

I think the feat isn't just limited to fey related charisma checks. All turn checks are charisma checks so it would work for all of them regardless of what you are trying to turn. Domains are generally the way to turn creatures other than undead.

Chronos
2014-05-12, 08:10 PM
It'll apply to skill checks in Bluff, Diplomacy, Perform, Gather Information, Use Magic Device, and a few others (any skill that has (Cha) after it in a listing). It will also apply to the Cha check required by Charm Person, and to a binder's binding check, off the top of my head.

da_chicken
2014-05-12, 08:17 PM
The hard question is: If you're a 2nd level Paladin, does it apply to all your saving throws? If so, does it stack or overlap with the generic bonus to saves since they're from the same source?

holywhippet
2014-05-12, 08:23 PM
The hard question is: If you're a 2nd level Paladin, does it apply to all your saving throws? If so, does it stack or overlap with the generic bonus to saves since they're from the same source?

The check bonus won't apply since it isn't a check. The +1 bonus to all spell saves would stack since it has no type and neither does divine grace.

Catalysis
2014-05-12, 08:35 PM
The check bonus won't apply since it isn't a check. The +1 bonus to all spell saves would stack since it has no type and neither does divine grace.

Almost tought we has stumbled on something:smallamused:

ArqArturo
2014-05-12, 09:37 PM
This is one of those feats that, both RP-wise and mechanic wise is really awesome.

A friend had a changeling warlock that, according to the backstory, had nymph ancestry, and had this feat (alongside some fey heritage feats), it worked remarkably well.

Catalysis
2014-05-13, 06:34 PM
This is one of those feats that, both RP-wise and mechanic wise is really awesome.

A friend had a changeling warlock that, according to the backstory, had nymph ancestry, and had this feat (alongside some fey heritage feats), it worked remarkably well.

Changeling Fey, because changeling alone isn't chaos-related troubles enough:smalltongue: I just love the idea!