View Full Version : DM Help Take 'em by Swarm

Warlocknthewind
2014-05-13, 12:49 AM
Inspried by Magical Combat Chef, I wanted to run a low tier, invasion/survival feeling campaign. Low tier magic and skill are the idea.

I just have no clue what would make good invadors/infestors. Zombies aren't infectious in D's, and ghouls seem like they would too easily whipe the floor with any non-elf. Kythons are too resiliant to expect level 3 < tier 4 classes classes to kill in any number.

Out of the many, many monsters included in D&D, what are your favorite invasive creature, and why? How did you use it in your games? I have read Silverclawshifts stuff, and it's gold, but I like fresh experiences.

Characters:
-Chef: Human Expert1, Arc. Stunt Swashbuckler 2 (Prof. Fry Cook, iaijustsu, autohypno, Preform: R&B, Sleight of Hand, Able Learner, Open Lock, Search, Quickdraw, TWF, Finesse)
- Sir Rius:Human Knight 3 (M.Study:Lead the Attack, M.Stance: Iron Guard Glare, MC, Combat Reflexes)
-Professor:(Venerable) Human Shadowcaster3 (Shadow Familiar, Extend Mystery, Rapid Reload, Prof: Astronomy, Craft:Alchemy)
-Marty:Azurin Healer3(SSoulmeld:Lifeobond Vestment, Therapeutic Mantle, Lightning Gauntlets K. Planes & Nature)

Looking to run level 3 to <12, just need a nifty set of beasties to throw at my misbegotten survivors.

Again, are Kythons too mean? Love me some Kythkababs