PDA

View Full Version : Booster Packs/Boxes Stories

Kriel
2007-02-13, 09:59 AM
I'm sure we've all had a few adventures with boosters in general, so here's a thread for us to share them. The best story I have was when I played Mechwarrior: Dark Age. I had started at the beginning and more than anything, I wanted to pull a Battlemech from a box. For those who don't play, a typical Dark Age boooster contained two infantry units, a vehicle and a Mech. Despite all the boxes I got, all I got were Industrialmechs or Industrialmech MOD's. Still, this wasn't an exercise in futility. By the time I got my first Battlemech, which was a unique Legionnaire, my vehicle forces, among other things, had two Marksmen (Think of it as a tank with a very, VERY long range), four Joust II's and ten Behemoth Mk IV's (Think of a Marksman, but with even heavier firepower and enough armor to take on a Battlemech and possibly come out on top). Eventually my force consisted mostly of infantry, a couple Jousts and as many Behemoths as I could field with the point limit. Ahh, good times.

Okay, that's my story. How about yours?

LoopyZebra
2007-02-14, 08:39 PM
Well, there was the time that I got all three variants of the same Mage Knight mini (Ape something or other, think it was from Dungeons) in a box.

Spasticteapot
2007-02-15, 02:18 AM
I gave up booster packs (and TCGs in general) a long time ago.

So far, I've been able to buy five laptops with the money I saved.

The exception would be that game with the little spaceships made by the same company that does Pirates of the Spanish Main. They're little punch-out spaceships. Loads of fun, but nobody else played it. (Also, $20 will get you enough for two people to play, which was neat.)

Were-Sandwich
2007-02-15, 05:42 AM
I never get anything I think is good in booster packs, but I always get stuff that the wierdo Magic collectors think is fubar. So I swap stuff I want from them. I once got a Jedit Ojanen of Efrava in a booster, and thats about it.