PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Natural armor and stacking question player vs dm.

Agamemmnoth
2014-05-13, 03:26 AM
Does your animal forms natural armor stack with vop natural armor bonus. I don't think they do but my dm thinks they do. We had another druid join us and she's taking a vop.

ArendK
2014-05-13, 03:30 AM
Does your animal forms natural armor stack with vop natural armor bonus. I don't think they do but my dm thinks they do. We had another druid join us and she's taking a vop.

Memory serves me correctly, the VOP bonus is an enhancement bonus; and druids simply gain the natural armor bonus of their new form. So yes, it would stack.

shadowseve
2014-05-13, 03:35 AM
AC bonus +10, deflection +3,Natural armor +2 are the final armor boosts in the vop path. The deflection and enhancement ac would add on but the natural armor would not stack. the nat armor is trivial though.

shadowseve
2014-05-13, 03:47 AM
At 8th
level, an ascetic gains a +1 natural
armor bonus, or his existing
natural armor bonus increases
by +1. It increases an extra +1 at
16th level.

Since it doesn't say "enhancement" bonus to natural armor I'm inclined to say they don't stack.

Crake
2014-05-13, 04:05 AM
At 8th
level, an ascetic gains a +1 natural
armor bonus, or his existing
natural armor bonus increases
by +1. It increases an extra +1 at
16th level.

Since it doesn't say "enhancement" bonus to natural armor I'm inclined to say they don't stack.

Except if you read the second part of that statement where it says "Or his existing natural armor bonus increases by +1"?

shadowseve
2014-05-13, 04:19 AM
Then they would stack indeed