PDA

View Full Version : Optimization MoMF and Warshaper

Scrapheap
2014-05-13, 03:59 AM
Looking at going with a Wildshape Ranger 5/ MoMF5/WS3/Chameleon2
Any advice on when to take the various levels and what all feats I should want?
Also ACF's for the ranger since I wont be needing the animal companion or the small number of spells I would be getting?
I plan on using the chameleon's bonus feat for things like assume supernatural ability for my wildshapes.
Edit: Going with the Distracting Attack from PHBII and Champion of the Wild from CC.
Still not sure what feats will go well for the build since I plan on relying on wildshaped natural weapons. Would Improved Natural Weapon work for wildshaped forms?

Urpriest
2014-05-13, 10:39 AM
Improved Natural Weapon works, but it's a pretty small benefit.

Make sure to get Improved Unarmed Strike from somewhere, so that you get your full complement of iterative attacks.

Knowledge Devotion is nice for a character who can make lots of small attacks.

What kind of houserule is your DM using to limit the natural attacks gained by Warshaper?

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 11:26 AM
What kind of houserule is your DM using to limit the natural attacks gained by Warshaper?

If any. :smalleek:

A (somewhat debated) method of entering Warshaper involved using the Druid's Shapeshifter ACF to do it since it states that it functions similar to Wild Shape, which would theoretically fulfill Warshaper's special prerequisite. Then you get Warshaper's abilities pretty much at will all day every day.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-05-13, 05:21 PM
Looking at going with a Wildshape Ranger 5/ MoMF5/WS3/Chameleon2
Any advice on when to take the various levels and what all feats I should want?
Also ACF's for the ranger since I wont be needing the animal companion or the small number of spells I would be getting?
I plan on using the chameleon's bonus feat for things like assume supernatural ability for my wildshapes.
Edit: Going with the Distracting Attack from PHBII and Champion of the Wild from CC.
Still not sure what feats will go well for the build since I plan on relying on wildshaped natural weapons. Would Improved Natural Weapon work for wildshaped forms?

Instead of Distracting Attack, I suggest Urban Companion found in this online web enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a). The familiar's hp and saves will scale to yours so it'll be less vulnerable (and it gets 3/4 your hp, not 1/2), and it'll be less conspicuous while sharing your skill ranks for aid another. It will also give you Alertness for free, so you actually can enter MoMF w/ all your general feats open to whatever.

Also, I strongly suggest taking MoMF to 7 for the Ex special qualities of your forms.

Keep the spells, if you have Spell Compendium, there's some goodies in there even at 1st level. Plus, it enables usage of wands.