PDA

View Full Version : (PrC) Be afraid Exclamation Point.

Orzel
2007-02-13, 11:24 AM
Big Talkers aren't exactly scary. They're not usually big warriors with lots of muscles and scars.

They are just very intimidating. With a straight face and a n unnerving voice, a big talker can spook anyone. Between rants on how many dragons they slain while drunk, the zombie hordes killed while asleep, actual fighting, and the constant yelling; it's hard to see how these guys live so long.

Don't attempt to find the answer to that question unless you love curling up into a ball.

Oh..and never send your henchmen after them.

Big Talker

Requirements
To qualify to become a big talker, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Base Attack Bonus
+3
Skills
Bluff 3 ranks, Intimidate 8 ranks

Feats
Persuasive, Skill Focus (Bluff or Intimidate)

HP: d6 + Con modifier
BAB: Good as Fighter
Saves: Fortitude Good. Reflex Poor. Will Good
Skill Points: 4+ Int Modifier

Class Skills

The big talker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str) and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Big Talker
{table=head]Level|Base Attack[br]Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1
|
+2
|
+0
|
+2
|I thought so, Read Body

2nd|
+2
|
+3
|
+0
|
+3
|Maybe you didn't hear me the first time!

3rd|
+3
|
+3
|
+1
|
+3
|Black Tongue, Fear me

4th|
+4
|
+4
|
+1
|
+4
|Fear Imunity, Improved Feint

5th|
+5
|
+4
|
+1
|
+4
|Back it up, Go away![/table]

Class Features

All of the following are features of the Big Talker prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Big Talkers gain no profiency with any weapons or armor

I thought so (Ex)
Opponents demoralized by a big talker are shaken for a number of rounds equal to twice his big talker levels.

Read Body (Ex)
A big talker no longer suffers a penalty for feinting nonhumaniods,

Maybe you didn't hear me the first time! (Su)
At the 2nd level, a big talker may retry certain uses of the Use Magic Device skill as a free action. A big talker may roll a Intimidate check instead of a Use Magic Device check when emulating an ability score or using a wand of scroll after failing once already. The big talker may use this ability once every 1d6 rounds. A big talker cannot use the ability if untrained in the Use Magic Device skill.

Black Tongue (Su)
A big talker of 3rd level or higher can speak with any living intelligent creature.

Fear me (Su)
A big talker of 3rd level or higher can intimidate creatures immune to fear at a -5 penalty.

Fear immunity (Su)
A big talker is immune to fear and fear effects at the 4th level.

Improved Feint (Ex)
At the 4th level, a big talker gains Improved Feint as a bonus feat.

Back it up (Ex)
If a 5th level big talker deals a creature shaken by his demoralization enough damage to make it drop (typically by dropping it to below 0 hit points or killing it), he gains a +2 morale bonus to his attack rolls, damage rolls, ability checks and saving throws for a number of round equal to his Charisma score.

Go Away! (Su)
At the 5th level, a big talker's threat ranged is tripled when attacking creatures summoned by magic or psionics.

All are allowed to EACH!

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-13, 12:18 PM
Looks pretty interesting. It could probably use an ability to actually cause fear in opponents of a certain HD or less, but this is a pretty fun take on the Intimidation skill. I'm sure it could even be stretched out to a ten-level PrC with minimal effort.

*yoinked*

Kai-Palin
2007-09-07, 11:59 PM
Saw this in your sig, can't resist mentioning that using a variant on the Mass staredown feature from the samurai class might be a good way to make this guy good against more than one enemy at a time.