PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Experienced Swords

dhusarra
2014-05-13, 11:39 AM
in 3.5 edition i had a paladin/annointed knight/kensai character.i want to converted in 2nd somehow.there are rules for ancestral relic weapons or for weapons that uses your xp pool to level up?thanx

Falcon X
2014-05-14, 12:16 AM
The closest things I can think of are Weapons of Legacy (from Weapons of Legacy). You can check out the psionic soulblade, or Eternal Blade (TOB), or possibly an Item Familiar (UA)

A.A.King
2014-05-14, 12:26 AM
Well, there is a Kensai PrC is Completer Warrior which allowes you to invest a certain amount XP (depending on your Kensai level) into your chosen weapon and then you can imbue it with enhancement (once again, depending on your Kensai level)

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-14, 12:31 AM
I think what they are saying is that this is a character they made in 3.5 and want to convert it TO 2nd.

Honestly, that would be more for the AD&D board since they'd typically know that system better.

A.A.King
2014-05-14, 01:05 AM
I think what they are saying is that this is a character they made in 3.5 and want to convert it TO 2nd.

Honestly, that would be more for the AD&D board since they'd typically know that system better.

... you're right... I feel so stupid now -.-

Chronos
2014-05-14, 08:14 AM
You've got to understand a fundamental difference in philosophy between 2nd and 3rd editions. Yes, there are rules for that in 2nd edition, because there are rules for everything in 2nd edition. As in the vast majority of cases, the rule for this is "Ask your DM". Second edition was designed with the idea that everything should be houseruled and homebrewed. Even of what official rules there are in the books, half of them are explicitly listed as optional rules, and some of them conflict with each other.

dhusarra
2014-05-14, 10:56 AM
aaaok for the answer.i ask and here cause many players had played and the second edition in their youth. :P :)