PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Good Ol' Campaign

Cilvyn
2014-05-13, 05:04 PM
*Viewed from a few miles above you see a middle sized town. There is a river rushing right in the middle and stars reflect in the flat but strong waters. There is a hill with a rather weathy house in the east. Someone realy rich and powerfull must live there at the other side of the river is another hill with church on it. A long bridge is braving the strong flow of the water. The view zooms in just above the roofs of the simple wooded partially stone houses.

http://postimg.org/image/3wtijjefr/

You move north over the cobblestone streets to a cozy looking inn. It is a square shaped building with a small courtyard in the middle. warm light shines out of the windows and soft music is playing while krikits sjirp outside. The view moves down to the street to eye height in front of the window and going inside. The tavern is relativly empty at this hour.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1352/42/1352420475371.jpg

Nice dark wooded furniture stand in the firelit room. A cat jumps of the table while a few guests still sitting at the tables near the fire enjoying ale or a home made wine. you are one of them sitting there this late on this evening when suddenly the as by a strong gust of wind the door slams open and the cold air rushes inside. a Young boy stands in the door opening his big blue eyes have a shocked expression while he looks to everyone of you. The boy is no more then ten years old. Then he opens his mouth and starts screaming with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Please come. Something terrible is going on! Outside in the forest! Please you got to come with me!

The young boy keeps looking at you like he has seen a ghost and awaits your reaction....

Cilvyn
2014-05-13, 05:05 PM
Reserved Reserved

Mrputts
2014-05-19, 11:18 AM
Throm

Sitting at the bar Throm downs a mug of ale. He raises his mug signaling to the barmaid for another.

As the boy flings open the door, and his tearful pleas reach Throms ears. His mind is flooded with thoughts of his childhood.

Thinking back as his pleas for help were never answered he slams his mug onto the table. He rushes over to the weapon rack where he had placed his great axe. Grabbing it up he slings it onto his back.

He moves to the child.

"Child, show me."

Leolo
2014-05-19, 04:53 PM
"I can help, just one....one moment, i am on my way" says a drunken voice from below a wooden seatplace in the corner. The guy at the ground doesn't seem to judge this request for help very serious as he answers:

"What kind of tavern scum we would be if we don't have some noble heroes in our midst? Let's sing the tale of valor and gallantry....and heroes in an inn at the end of the world. Really boy, it's to early to mock us, i have seen this joke in roadhouses all by the road. Is there a dragon on your muck heap? A medusa in your well?

Come to a tavern and cry for help, and everyone jumps up. Where is my cup? Sweet lady of mercy, where is it? Just have to drink one, and i'll come with you. Hehe. Just one more cup. Or maybe, two. I think the monsters in your stable will have patience enough for my drink."

Clearly he thinks of this as some kind of mockery, done to adventurers by the younger locals. But when he grab with his hand for the cup on the table it falls down and on the floor. Alek looks over the table, searching for his missing drink and watches to the boy at the entry. He doesn't look as much as a drunkard as his voice had suggested, a pretty young halfelf with a winning smile. Holding his balance with a hand on the table he tries to figure out what to make out of this strange visitor.

"You look pale like a ghost. What happened?""

Caimheul
2014-05-20, 07:51 AM
The young, newly inducted tiefling paladin closes the book he was reading, carefully placing it in his backpack prior to standing up. He quaffs the remaining small beer from the pint he had ordered when he first arrived, before gathering up his sword and shield from where they stood propped up against the table beside him. "Why young Ulrich, whatever is the matter? Have the wolves wandered too close to town again?" he inquires of the boy as he secures his sheath to his belt, and dons his pack.

Cilvyn
2014-05-20, 07:52 AM
You feel the cold wind rush inside the inn. The boys expression is cold and terrified. He opens his mouth to answer your questions but no sounds comes out. His face grows unnaturally pale and you see his legs shake and then falls on the floor. His eyes closed, passed out he lies in the door opening.

One of the women hurry to him and grab him from the floor. the boy doesn't wake and lies in the womans arms...

Caimheul
2014-05-20, 07:56 AM
Alarmed at the sudden development, the paladin rushes over to the collapsed child. He quickly examines the child looking for any sign of wounds unsure if he has simple been overtaken by shock, or is in need of healing.

Heal check: [roll0] :smallannoyed: First time rolling a d20 in a LOOOOOOONG time... and this happens.... :smalltongue:

Cilvyn
2014-05-20, 09:38 AM
Wouw realy nice roll! i think it will get better the further we progress, i mean it's a skill you can learn, you just need to practice moredice rolling ;)

The boy is just passed out from shock. You could wake him up, but it would probably take a while or a bucket with water...

Caimheul
2014-05-20, 09:49 AM
"Pitcher of water please Elizabeth!" the paladin shouts to the barmaid.

If you have a problem with me naming any typically faceless npcs, let me know. I am mostly doing it here since in theory these would be people the character grew up with.
Unfortunately, I've been mostly playing 40k rpgs... where rolling low is better... :smalleek: :smalltongue:

Mrputts
2014-05-20, 10:20 AM
Throm backs up slightly so as to not get in the way. Watching intently as the Tiefling tends to the boy.

Cilvyn
2014-05-20, 04:29 PM
It's fine, i can deal with pretty much anything you throw at me, even altering the story is fine by me, as long as you do not railroad me too much ;)
Yep I'm familiar with 40K, but here high rolles is better! :D

http://blog.mindblizzard.com/uploaded_images/innkeeper-704650.jpg

The Innkeeper fills a pincher of water and gives it to his daughter. The young woman hurries to you with the pincher spilling some of the water on the wooden floor. The innkeeper turns to the other customers and speaks.

okay, okay, folks we're closing, get to your beds!

The rest of the people (it's only a few) pack their things and leave the inn.

Caimheul
2014-05-20, 09:45 PM
The tiefling gently takes the water from the barmaid. "Thank you Elizabeth," he says before gesturing for the woman cradling the boy to take a step back. After she does so, he unceremoniously pours the contents of the pitcher on the boys head. "Wake up lad, plenty of time for recuperation after you tell us where we are needed."

Mrputts
2014-05-20, 10:02 PM
Throm chuckles under his breath as he watches the boy get water tossed into his face.

"That be one way."

Leolo
2014-05-21, 12:54 AM
"I am sure the first thing our frightened messenger wants to see when he wakes up is a horned one who slams water on him. You'll just panic him, and he'll pass out again." Alek is still drunken, but at least now he seems to take the situation seriously.

Caimheul
2014-05-21, 01:20 AM
The paladin looks askance at the bard "Better someone he knows than one of you strangers," he retorts.

Mrputts
2014-05-21, 02:00 AM
"Stranger?" Throm says scratching his head. He then turns to look at the bard.

"Drunk man in bar is not strange"

Leolo
2014-05-21, 02:34 AM
Alek loughs out loud.

"True words by both of you."

He turns to the tiefling, and pulls out a small bottle with a dark fluid in it, obviously some kind of alcohole.

"Give him some milk and a sip of this, if he doesn't wake up."

Cilvyn
2014-05-21, 06:36 AM
The boy wakes up startled.

aahh!!! what the, huh? who..huh? what happened? who are you and where am I? the boy still pale as a sheet starts crying please, I jsut want to go to my mommy.. let me go please.. huuuuhuuuu I am so tired, I want my mommy..

There is nothing to see from his previous fears only the scared look from not knowing where he is.

Caimheul
2014-05-21, 06:44 AM
"It's alright Ulrich, it's Freedom, the preacher's son? You came into the tavern shouting for help and saying something was happening in the woods, do you remember what's wrong?" the tiefling asks gently.

Diplomacy if necessary: [roll0] And the hits keep on coming. :smalltongue:

Cilvyn
2014-05-21, 10:07 AM
Uh yes.. but.. he sobs a bit I'm too scared...
After he sees your serious faces and the great axe he seems to regain his courage out in the woods there is... is something. It is so scary. I was in my bed and the next thing I knew was that I was walking near the trees. The boy cries softly then continues his story I first thought it was a dream so I just walked near the edge of the forest, but then some thing came and tried to grab me.. it was.. it was horrible... now I want to go home.. please, i want my mommy!

The forest is in the north west of the village

For some reason the img function doesnt work..
http://postimg.org/image/3wtijjefr/

Mrputts
2014-05-21, 10:25 AM
After listening to the boy Throm turns to Freedom.

"He lived near the woods? Others might be in the forest. Next thing they knew just like him."

I think this is best left to Cilvyn to answer in case his house location is important to what is going on. Also where on the map would the tavern be located.

Cilvyn
2014-05-21, 10:39 AM
The Inn is the in the north west. The only building that has an open square in the middle (as described in the first post)

The house of Ulrich (the boy, I LOVE how you guys fill in the blancs, by the way, keep that up!) is the first house with a cross on it, north of the most east bridge. or if this is unclear the house directly west from the building indicated as #4)

Caimheul
2014-05-22, 09:52 PM
The tiefling looks up at the ogre and frowns slightly. "Especially if it failed to grab Ulrich... The fae in this area tend more towards mischievous rather than actual malicious, but this is quite concerning... If we hurry we may be able to catch the culprit before they manage to escape. Nicholas, could you please see that the guard is notified?" Freedom addresses the bartender while attempting to determine what to do with the child... odds are he wouldn't be safe in his home just yet anyway...

Unlikely to pass, but why not: Dungeoneering for an idea of a monster that might mind control to lure someone outside: [roll0]

Mrputts
2014-05-22, 10:32 PM
"Ugh..I hate culprits. They always try to summon demons, or pray to ugly gods"
Throm turns his attention to Alek.

"Hope drunk man can fight... I can fight drunk"

he then unhooks his axe from his back, and bounds out the door heading towards the woods.

Leolo
2014-05-23, 01:28 AM
Alek watches the tiefling and the half-orc making plans to catch whatever is in this woods. Could he even trust this story of a boy that maybe just had a bad dream and was running away scared by shadows in the nearby forrest? Actually he does feels too drunk to fight and maybe it might be better to leave the monster in the forrest alone anyway.

But when he looks into the eyes of the boy something changes. It is as if Alek would recognize someone and after a while he whispers.

"I'll come with you. There is a way how we can lure the creature out, if the boy is right. I'll ask the barmaid if she can watch over him, and when he is safe search for what he has seen."

His voice is convincing, and the smile of the bard is doing it's best to calm the boy.

"Don't fear the dark tonight, we will search for your monster. And look at my friends here, aren't they strong? Have faith little one. You'll stay here with Yzebell and we'll find out what is in the forrest."

Alek looks at the barmaid with a smile. During the last days he often had sung to her, played merry melodies and songs that made her lough.

"Can you watch over him while we are away? It won't be for long, and i'll owe you something for it."

Cilvyn
2014-05-26, 12:55 PM
Yzebel/Elizabeth (IM confusd now what her name is..:P) looks at you and blushes. Yes ofcourse I will do that for you! But please be careful....The boy points in the direction you should look and sobs a few times, happy someone is taking care of him.Yes you look strong, Thank you... I.. I jsu want to sleep now, please tell me when you find it and I can be save again

Outside you see the stars in the sky. It is a clear night, not many clouds, although it is chilly. Now people are gone home and it is more quiet you hear he sounds of night animals and the wind trough the trees outside. I is not scary but the inn seems so nice and warm in the middle of the cold night.

The barmaid gets the boy ready to go outside. Wait, I got something for you She goes to the back and comes back with (Damn, i don't have any books here... uh I remember there being some sort of horn on which you can blow on it is a magical thing. If you blow it your friends know the exact location where you are. if it is a magical item from level 5 or less it is alright, i cannot check it myself now unfortunatly)
Here, take this. It belonged to my grandfather when he fought in the orgrewars. Please take it so you can always call for help. Sh gives he minstrel te horn and blushes then quickly turns around and walks towards the door to bring the boy home.

Mrputts
2014-06-02, 11:33 PM
Throm looks back as he is running.

"WELL! Come on!"

Caimheul
2014-06-03, 07:57 AM
Freedom accepts the horn graciously. "Thank you, this is likely to come in handy. If you'll excuse us, there are malicious forces in dire need of a good thrashing," he says with a bow before turning and hurying out the door, as he straps his shield unto his arm.

Leolo
2014-06-08, 01:59 AM
Once outside of the inn, the bard heads to the nearby forrest.

We should try to lure the monster out. I do have a spell for this, an illusion of the boy walking curiously the way back to the place where the attack happened. I don't know if we can trick whatever is lurking there this way, but it would be worth a try.

The fresh air clears Aleks bumming head, and he breathes deeply and tries to look less drunk than he is.