PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Simulacrum No SLA , Suggestions?

AsheItachi
2014-05-13, 06:40 PM
simulacrum (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/simulacrum.html#_simulacrum)

Im about to achieve the level of greatness with wizard to cast such a spell. I am going to try and introduce this spell into my repertoire and I want to be fair, so im thinking of bringing it to the DMs attention and maybe suggest they don't get SLA.

That is unless there is an official errata that fixes this spell. Or someone who has posted the best suggestion, I have looked but nothing i have found suggests this.

If this is done what would be some suggestions for creatures that would be best option without SLAs

The Party Consists of A summoner , A fighter , A cleric , A Wizard. We need a Rogue or some type of trap finder.

The Dungeon is a run through of Castlevania Symphony of the night. Hes been my DM for 13 years this is an epicly awesome campaign. Lots of Undead.

I do have access to the "Safe room" save areas as in the video game , hes calling them dimensional rifts in the castle, WE use these places to rest , heal , and craft. So maybe i could use Simulacrum to have them crafting and teleporting back and forth i would think.

Halbaradkenafin
2014-05-14, 01:23 AM
If your DM is willing to accept that you can use it without the SLAs then the next best thing would be to clone yourself (assuming you can share your spellbook since you're basically the same person), or clone other spell casting party members.

They won't keep up with you in terms of raw power but they can be useful for preparing all the utility spells you don't need in combat and letting you prepare more useful spells instead.

AsheItachi
2014-05-14, 04:11 AM
If your DM is willing to accept that you can use it without the SLAs then the next best thing would be to clone yourself (assuming you can share your spellbook since you're basically the same person), or clone other spell casting party members.

They won't keep up with you in terms of raw power but they can be useful for preparing all the utility spells you don't need in combat and letting you prepare more useful spells instead.

Thanks , i will probally do this with just a clone of me to play with it , but im also in the need of someone who can trap find or useful ideas on mobs in this senario without sla's but also make it worth the time and cost of the spell.

Im not to familiar on the monsters or other things i can do with it i dont want to waste it , and the dm did give us a warning that traps are coming.

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-14, 04:16 AM
Just think, is there nothing you can't solve by sending a horde of undead creatures from the very dungeon you are delving half leveled ice sculpture party members at the problem?

Halbaradkenafin
2014-05-14, 04:19 AM
Simple solution to trap finding is to have the clone prepare a lot of summon monster 1 spells and just use those to check for traps.