PDA

View Full Version : greater celerity all de time

Raishoiken
2014-05-14, 11:56 AM
Magic item of continuous greater celerity + immunity to daze = ? Would you just get the extra actions every round or hhhwat? I assume a ring of continuous time stop would do the infinite turn dealio. Input?

Rebel7284
2014-05-14, 12:02 PM
Custom items are up to the DM to design and price. Pretty sure that an item that gives you an extra full round action every turn would be a VERY powerful artifact.

Constant Time Stop seems like a fun curse. You can move around, and cast spells, but nothing takes effect until Time Stop ends. Eventually you die of old age in Time Stop.

Raishoiken
2014-05-14, 12:12 PM
Custom items are up to the DM to design and price. Pretty sure that an item that gives you an extra full round action every turn would be a VERY powerful artifact.

Constant Time Stop seems like a fun curse. You can move around, and cast spells, but nothing takes effect until Time Stop ends. Eventually you die of old age in Time Stop.

This is not for a game (yet >_>), and is just based off of the spell effect. I generally assume since it is indeed generally up to a dm, that a continuous item basically just recasts the spell each round

lunar2
2014-05-14, 01:40 PM
a use activated item of greater celerity is 240,000 gp. that makes it an epic item. so yeah, you can take 2 turns per round, every round, starting at level 21. seriously, at level 21, though, that's not even broken anymore.

Raishoiken
2014-05-14, 01:57 PM
a use activated item of greater celerity is 240,000 gp. that makes it an epic item. so yeah, you can take 2 turns per round, every round, starting at level 21. seriously, at level 21, though, that's not even broken anymore.

With a few feats you can reduce the cost, though my lack of access to source books atm prevents me from re finding them, they're Eberron feats. You could also make the item only usable by one class for a 30% reduction to start, though I'm sure that most people would disapprove

OldTrees1
2014-05-14, 02:00 PM
With a few feats you can reduce the cost, though my lack of access to source books atm prevents me from re finding them, they're Eberron feats. You could also make the item only usable by one class for a 30% reduction to start, though I'm sure that most people would disapprove

That won't change the market price and it is the market price that made it epic.

Rebel7284
2014-05-14, 02:16 PM
There is nothing preventing someone from using an epic item pre-epic. My understanding is that the x10 price multiplier doesn't kick in either unless the item gives a bigger bonus than [arbitrary list of weapon and armor enhancement caps].

I can see it not being too broken in epic though as compared to spellcasters who can pick up multispell a bunch of times.

lunar2
2014-05-14, 02:49 PM
you can craft the item yourself, which requires the craft epic (item class) feat, or go to a planar metropolis, which only has rules in the ELH, and buy the item from an epic merchant. while it is theoretically possible to get your hands on an epic item pre epic, you can't do it without using epic material, which in most campaigns only comes online when you reach epic yourself.

Raishoiken
2014-05-15, 08:34 AM
That won't change the market price and it is the market price that made it epic.
Ahhh, that is true.. the feats only augment the creation cost, not the base price