PDA

View Full Version : Monk Exercise 3.P [Re-work; PEACH]

Noctemwolf
2014-05-14, 03:32 PM
So everybody throws out different fixes for the monk. I don't mind going with the flow and throwing my mind at a remake for the Pathfinder version of the monk.

Design Philosophy:

I love the monk as a class. I can't help it; I like the idea of being a badass unarmed warrior who jumps around the battlefield and beats the snot out of people. I've seen a lot of things people say the monk has wrong, such as the lack of a well defined role, lackluster damage, poor in and out of combat utility, and Multiple ability dependency. Hopefully I've done a decent job at looking at the monk in a new way, and I'll try to describe my thoughts here. I'm sure some might (no, WILL) have criticism, so here we go.

First off, I thought to make the Monk a proper warrior. A Lot of reworks I've seen focus on the monk as a skillmonkey, or comparing them to rogues. I decided to take a different route and compare them to Paladins and Rangers. Both are Full BAB classes with several unique class abilities and spells, so I wondered why the monk couldn't be included alongside them, (as a Full BAB class with several unique abilities and spells).

The monk is supposed to be a mystical warrior, and yet doesn't have any access to spells. I thought that kind of strange with my second look over. Adding those in allowed me to give the monk massive spell utility while still keeping to their theme as mystics.

I kept quite a few abilities from the original monk, changing a few things here or there to streamline the abilities, as well as adding a few of my own.

Scholar is an ability that is supposed to represent the monks of old as keeper's of knowledge.

Might of Fist was a simple way to give choice to the monk player and still keep the Stunning Fist progression.... Somewhat.

Might of Mind was my answer to the loss of some monk class abilities.... Since those abilities could be replicated with a spell, why not allow them to choose that spell to use for free?

By the level you get it, Fleet of Foot is a more fluffy ability than anything else, but it could still have it's uses, I'm sure. Especially with the monk's massive movement speed.

The class has major access to their spells, and plenty of chance to use them in addition to their combat abilities through Might of Mind and Ki points.

Answers to the concerns I listed above:

Role and Utility: With the extra damage now added into Ki Strike, and the extra bonus to CMB From Combat Training, I hope to cement the Monk into a proper striker with an emphasis on Combat Control. They are not as good at tanking as their compatriots who wear armor, but they still manage along in combat. In addition, they can now act as the group's knowledge house, a repository of information about the things they encounter. If the monk works with his Scholar ability, he can also become a party face if she so chooses to do so. Plus, spells.

Damage: With the extra dice added to damage roles as they gain levels, they can hopefully compare to the flat rates the paladin and ranger get from Smite evil and Favored enemy.

MAD: I Might still have Made them a little bit MAD. However, the effects are less striking. Wisdom to certain skills decreases the need for INT and CHA. Spells Like Bull's Strength and Bear's Endurance decrease the need for higher scores in those areas. Combat training means you can take the combat expertise line without needing the INT minimum. Ultimately, I hope this helps give a Monk player flexibility in the way they choose to build their monk. Putting points into Charisma doesn't harm you as badly with the ability to gain extra strength from a spell!

PEACH! I want lot's of PEACHES! This rework is untested, fresh off the press, and ready to be torn into tooth and nail. If you have any questions, ask.

I feel I might have added a little too much. If it seems a little over the top, help me trim down the edges to a more manageable state.

The comparison chart I made is spoilered below for your convenience.

Comparisons
Paladin
Ranger
Monk

Damage
Mechanic
Smite Evil
Favored Enemy
Ki Strike

Utility
Lay on Hands
Mercies
Channel
Divine Bond

Combat Style
Quarry+ Improved
Evasion+Improved
Hunter's Bond

Flurry of Blows
Combat Training
Evasion +Improved
Ki Pool

Flavor
Divine Grace
Divine Health
Auras
Courage
Resolve
Justice
Faith
Righteousness
Holy Champion
Track
Wild Empathy
Endurance
Swift Tracker
Camoflage
Hide in Plain Sight
Master Hunter
Purity of Body
Diamond Body
Timeless Body
AC Bonus
Might of Mind +Fist
Uncanny dodge+Improved
Fast movement+ High Jump+ Fleet of Foot
Perfect Soul

Monk

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/352/9/7/dnd_character___monk_by_regocreations-d355rzz.jpg
Image Link: http://heewonlee.deviantart.com/art/DnD-Character-Monk-190066175 (Credit where credit is due)

Monk

Alignment: Any Lawful

Hit Die: d10

Skillpoints: 4+INT per level

Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (All) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Level

FORT

REF

WILL

BAB

Special Abilities

Spells

1|2|3|4

+2

+2

+2

+1

Ki Strike, Flurry of Blows, Combat Training, Might of Fist, AC Bonus

-|-|-|-

+3

+3

+3

+2

Combat Training, Evasion, Scholar

-|-|-|-

+3

+3

+3

+3

Fast Movement, Uncanny Dodge

-|-|-|-

+4

+4

+4

+4

Ki Pool, Might of Mind

0|-|-|-

+4

+4

+4

+5

High Jump, Might of Fist

1|-|-|-

+5

+5

+5

+6/1

Combat Training, Scholar

1|-|-|-

+5

+5

+5

+7/2

Purity of Body, Ki Strike

1|0|-|-

+6

+6

+6

+8/3

Might of Mind

1|1|-|-

+6

+6

+6

+9/4

Improved Evasion

2|1|-|-

+7

+7

+7

+10/5

Combat Training, Ki Strike, Might of Fist, Scholar

2|1|0|-

+7

+7

+7

+11/6/1

Diamond Body

2|1|1|-

+8

+8

+8

+12/7/2

Might of Mind

2|2|1|-

+8

+8

+8

+13/8/3

Improved Uncanny Dodge

3|2|1|0

+9

+9

+9

+14/9/4

Combat Training, Scholar

3|2|1|1

+9

+9

+9

+15/10/5

Quivering Palm, Might of Fist

3|2|2|1

+10

+10

+10

+16/11/6/1

Might of Mind, Ki Strike

3|3|2|1

+10

+10

+10

+17/12/7/2

Timeless Body

4|3|2|1

+11

+11

+11

+18/13/8/3

Combat Training, Scholar

4|3|2|2

+11

+11

+11

+19/14/9/4

Fleet of Foot

4|3|3|2

+12

+12

+12

+20/15/10/5

Perfect Soul, Might of Mind, Might of Fist

4|4|3|3

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/L/N/U/m/A/J/black-divider-no-background-md.png

Armor and Weapons: Monks are not proficient with any armor or shields. monks are proficient with all simple weapons, and all weapons with the Monk special quality.

Ki Strike:Monks are highly trained in the arts of both armed and unarmed combat. Monks gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. In addition, Her attacks deal damage as described in the table below

Level
Base Die

1-3
1d6

4-7
1d8

8-11
1d10

12-15
2d6

16-19
2d8

2d10

A monk can choose to use these numbers as her weapons base die damage or the weapons original damage, whichever she prefers. She must also be proficient with the weapon to use this ability.

at first level a monk can also add +1d4 damage to her attacks. Every 5 levels thereafter, she adds an additional +1d4 to the damage, for a total of +5d4 at level 20.

So long as the monk has at least 1 point of Ki in her Ki pool:
At 4th level, ki strike allows her unarmed attacks to be treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
At 7th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as cold iron and silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
At 10th level, her unarmed attacks are also treated as lawful weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
At 16th level, herunarmed attacks are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and bypassing hardness.

If she has access to the quality, A monk may add any of these qualities to a weapon she is wielding by spending 1 Ki point per quality she wishes to add. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to her level + her WIS modifier.

By spending Ki points from her pool, She can add an amount of her Wisdom modifier as a bonus on attack rolls, up to the amount of ki points spent. This bonus lasts for a number of rounds equal to her level +her Wisdom modifier.

Flurry of Blows: A Monk gains Two Weapon fighting as a bonus feat. She does not need to meet the prerequisites. She does not need to use two weapons in order to use the feat: She can use any combination of weapons, including just one. She adds her full strength bonus to all attacks made while Two-weapon fighting (Including when using a 2 handed weapon, adding only x1 her strength bonus to the attacks). She is always treated as wield a pair of light weapons for the purposes of two weapon fighting penalties. In addition, she gains Improved Two Weapon Fighting at level 8, and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting at level 15.

Combat Training: Though scholar's at heart, Monk's train their bodies as thoroughly as their minds. Monk's can ignore ability score requirements for feats. However, she must meet all the other prerequisites as normal. Every time a monk gains combat training, she gains a bonus feat: in addition, she gains a +1 bonus to her CMB and to her CMD for all purposes. Treat this as an untyped bonus.

Might of Fist: A monk gains either Stunning Fist or Elemental Fist as a bonus feat. In addition, at level 5 and every 5 levels thereafter, a monk can choose to either gain the other feat as a bonus feat, or choose from one of the following effects to add to either type of bonus feat:

For Stunning fist:
Fatigued
Sickened
Staggered
Blind
Deafen

For Elemental Fist:
Add +1d6 damage to the element Damage.

In addition, you can choose as an ability to use Stunning fist or Elemental fist with a specific weapon other than an unarmed strike.

AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her AC and his CMD. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four monk levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Evasion: At 2nd level or higher, a monk can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a monk is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Scholar: A Monk gains an additional skill point any time she gains the scholar ability. In addition, choose one Intelligence or Charisma based skill. She can add her Wisdom modifier as a bonus on that skill.

Fast Movement: At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her land speed. This starts at +10 feet at 3rd level, and increases by +10 feet every 3 levels beyond (To a maximum of +60 feet at 18th level). A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Uncanny Dodge: Starting at 3rd level, a monk can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A monk with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against her.

If a monk already has uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Ki Pool: At 4th level, a monk gains a pool of ki points, supernatural energy she can use to accomplish amazing feats. The number of points in a monk's ki pool is equal to 1/2 his monk level + her Wisdom modifier. By spending 1 point from her ki pool, a monk can do one of the following:

Make one additional attack at his highest attack bonus when making a flurry of blows attack, or
Increase his speed by 20 feet for 1 round, or
Give himself a +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round.
Each of these powers is activated as a swift action.

By Spending a number of Ki points equal to the spells level, a monk can cast the spell from her list as if she had prepared it.
By Spending 4 Ki Points, she can cast a spell or spell like ability gained from this class as a swift action.

The ki pool is replenished each morning after 8 hours of rest or meditation; these hours do not need to be consecutive.

Spells: Beginning at 4th level, a Monk gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells which are drawn from the Monk spell list. A Monk must choose and prepare her spells in advance.

To prepare or cast a spell, a Monk must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Monk's spell is 10 + the spell level + the Monk's Wisdom modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Monk can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Monk. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score. When Table: Monk indicates that the paladin gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, she gains only the bonus spells she would be entitled to based on her Wisdom score for that spell level.

A Monk must spend 1 hour each day in quiet reflection and meditation to regain her daily allotment of spells. A Monk may prepare and cast any spell on the Monk spell list, provided that she can cast spells of that level, but she must choose which spells to prepare during her daily meditation.

Through 3rd level, a Monk has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, her caster level is equal to her Monk level – 3.

Due to the simple nature of a Monk's spells, Her spells have no material, somatic or verbal components. However, she can only cast spells from her monk class while not wearing armor or using a shield.

Might of Mind: Every time the monk gains this ability, She can choose 1 spell from the monk spell list. She gains this spell as a spell-like ability usable a number of times per day dependent on the level of the spell:
1st: Usable at-will.
2nd: Usable 3/day.
3rd:Usable 2/day
4th: Usable 1/day

She can only choose a spell from a spell level she currently has access to (So, at level 4, she could choose from among the 1st level spells, at level 8 from among the 1st and 2nd level spells, and so on).

She can choose the same spell multiple times. The effects stack.

High Jump: At 5th level, a monk adds his level to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. By spending 1 point from his ki pool as a swift action, a monk gains a +20 bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for 1 round.

Purity of Body: At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Improved Evasion: At 9th level, a monk's evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Diamond Body: At 11th level, a monk gains immunity to poisons of all kinds.

Quivering Palm: Starting at 15th level, a monk can set up vibrations within the body of another creature that can thereafter be fatal if the monk so desires. He can use this quivering palm attack once per day, and he must announce his intent before making his attack roll. Creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. Otherwise, if the monk strikes successfully and the target takes damage from the blow, the quivering palm attack succeeds. Thereafter, the monk can try to slay the victim at any later time, as long as the attempt is made within a number of days equal to his monk level. To make such an attempt, the monk merely wills the target to die (a free action), and unless the target makes a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the monk's level + the monk's Wis modifier), it dies. If the saving throw is successful, the target is no longer in danger from that particular quivering palm attack, but it may still be affected by another one at a later time. A monk can have no more than 1 quivering palm in effect at one time. If a monk uses quivering palm while another is still in effect, the previous effect is negated.

Timeless Body: At 17th level, a monk no longer takes penalties to his ability scores for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any such penalties that he has already taken, however, remain in place. Age bonuses still accrue, and the monk still dies of old age when his time is up.

Fleet of Foot: At 19th level, so long as the Monk ends her movement on a surface that can support her, she can move across any surface, including walls and ceilings. She cannot move across air in this way, unless there is something to move across (Such as paper floating in the air, or tree branches). In addition, you ignore difficult terrain penalties.

Perfect Soul: The Monk gains Damage Reduction 10/Chaotic. She can be counted as an outsider or a humanoid, whichever she prefers. She becomes immune to mind affecting spells and scrying. In addition, she doubles the Ki points she gains from her Wisdom modifier.

Monk's Spell List:
1st- Delay Poison, Detect Poison, Endure Elements, Feather Fall, Feather Step, Haste, Jump, Magic Fang, Mage Armor, Resist Energy, Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Chaos, Resistance, Restoration (lesser), Shillelagh, Virtue, Guidance, Know Direction, Magic Stone

2nd- Barkskin, Bear's Endurance, Blur, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Neutralize Poison, Protection from Energy, Remove Disease, Remove Paralysis, Owl's Wisdom

3rd- Cure Moderate Wounds, Darkvision, Discern Lies, Displacement, Fire Seed, Haste, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Spider Climb, Water Breathing, Water Walk

4th- Airwalk, Blood Crow Strike, Breath of Life, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Etherealness, Freedom of Movement, Greater Magic Fang, Restoration, Stoneskin, True Seeing

Arkady Zelenka
2014-05-14, 04:34 PM
This looks cool, I'll give this a playtest and let you know how it turns out.
I really like Combat Training and Scholar. I'm a bit iffy about the spells though, but I can see what your going for.a

Noctemwolf
2014-05-14, 05:14 PM
This looks cool, I'll give this a playtest and let you know how it turns out.
I really like Combat Training and Scholar. I'm a bit iffy about the spells though, but I can see what your going for.a

I'm glad! Tell me how it goes, please! :smallbiggrin:

I'm glad you Like those abilities. I was hoping they would give the class plenty of versatility and usefulness.

I'm sure a lot of people will be iffy with them, but I feel it's appropriate with the theme of the mystic unarmed warrior.

Xerlith
2014-05-15, 03:06 AM
Overall, I... Like it. I think. It's got some problems as it is now, though.

It's still MAD. With a 15PB we're looking at something like, say STR:14 DEX:16 CON:12 INT:10 WIS:14 CHA:8 - a mild level of optimization.

What does it mean?
First - damage. The Ki Strike ability is, currently, a bit weak.
We get a +3 to hit at 1st level. +1 to hit with Flurry of Blows - that means we can hit an AC 11 50% of times. 5% less for every point of AC. And if we hit, let's pray it's on our first attack roll. To lessen the MAD, we can grab Weapon Finesse and sink our Strength, but... Then our damage sinks as well.
My solution?
I'd drop the "on the first attack only" part. It's got literally no synergy with Flurry of Blows as it is, and DR borks it heavily. Letting them add this damage on every attack would help. Need some wa

Second - AC.
With the aforementioned stats, we're looking at AC of 15, which at 4th level grows to 16. A 4th level Paladin will sport a fullplate, running around with about 18 AC, +Cha mod against his Smite targets. Maybe a +1 fullplate.
Later on, lack of armor hurts a bit more.
Three ways of subverting that:
- Add the Magic Vestment spell to the Monk's list.
- Add the Mage Armor spell to the Monk's list.
- Allow for Wis to AC in Light Armor, while dropping the +1/4levels bonus.
Any one of those would fit, I guess. Maybe even a combination of light armor and one of the spells (options!).

Third - Might of Mind's wording. Currently I can choose any of the 4th level spells... At 4th character level.
Is it intended? It helps with the AC problem (Dr 10/Adamantine against one attack at 4th level is nice), but strikes me as.. Chaotic. A little.

Finally, spells - I like them. But I'd expand the list a bit - add some protection (see point 2) and offensive buff spells. Maybe Divine Favor.

Also, maybe give them a way to add their Wisdom to attack or damage. Maybe both.

Noctemwolf
2014-05-15, 01:26 PM
Overall, I... Like it. I think.

You think? You don't know? :smalltongue:

It's got some problems as it is now, though.

Uh oh....

It's still MAD. With a 15PB we're looking at something like, say STR:14 DEX:16 CON:12 INT:10 WIS:14 CHA:8 - a mild level of optimization.

MAD, yes, I did admit it probably still is. I'm hoping not as badly as before?
With the aforementioned Ranger and Paladin, who both also need Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and a mental score (Charisma and Wisdom respectively).
Though I suppose Dexterity isn't as necessary seeing as both can wear armor, where the Monk still doesn't have access.

What does it mean?
First - damage. The Ki Strike ability is, currently, a bit weak.
We get a +3 to hit at 1st level. +1 to hit with Flurry of Blows - that means we can hit an AC 11 50% of times. 5% less for every point of AC. And if we hit, let's pray it's on our first attack roll. To lessen the MAD, we can grab Weapon Finesse and sink our Strength, but... Then our damage sinks as well.
My solution?
I'd drop the "on the first attack only" part. It's got literally no synergy with Flurry of Blows as it is, and DR borks it heavily. Letting them add this damage on every attack would help. Need some wa

Assuming a Ranger of similar stats? If two weapon fighting they would also have +1 for both, and rapid shot range would be similar. Is there a different way you'd build a ranger in this instance?
Either way, multi-weapon fighting or rapid shot isn't the best early on I would think, due to how low attack bonuses are at early levels, unless you're fighting a bunch of low armor critters. Though you're right about the decreasing ki strike bonus. That might have been left over when I started with d6's over d4's. I'll take out the decrease. It'll work better. DR is hopefully overcome with the weapon qualities gained at levels 4,7,10, and 16. And, hopefully, the best part, you don't necessarily have to use unarmed strikes- the base die damage and the bonus damage is supposed to be usable on ANY weapon the monk is proficient with. Hell, I just realized they can Flurry with any weapon so long as they're proficient. Which I don't mind at all 0-0*

Second - AC.
With the aforementioned stats, we're looking at AC of 15, which at 4th level grows to 16. A 4th level Paladin will sport a fullplate, running around with about 18 AC, +Cha mod against his Smite targets. Maybe a +1 fullplate.
Later on, lack of armor hurts a bit more.
Three ways of subverting that:
- Add the Magic Vestment spell to the Monk's list.
- Add the Mage Armor spell to the Monk's list.
- Allow for Wis to AC in Light Armor, while dropping the +1/4levels bonus.
Any one of those would fit, I guess. Maybe even a combination of light armor and one of the spells (options!).

I like the suggestion of Magic Vestment and Mage armor.

How about leaving the scaling AND adding magic vestment? Mage armor too, from your suggestion. :smallbiggrin: It's still a fairly powerful combo, letting them get good armor without using it still. That was something I wanted to leave, not using armor.

Third - Might of Mind's wording. Currently I can choose any of the 4th level spells... At 4th character level.
Is it intended? It helps with the AC problem (Dr 10/Adamantine against one attack at 4th level is nice), but strikes me as.. Chaotic. A little.

You are correct- that definitely isn't intended. I was trying to word it so that they had to have access to the spell normally to choose it. How about...

Might of Mind: Every time the monk gains this ability, She can choose 1 spell from the monk spell list. She gains this spell as a spell-like ability usable a number of times per day dependent on the level of the spell:
1st: Usable at-will.
2nd: Usable 3/day.
3rd:Usable 2/day
4th: Usable 1/day

She can only choose a spell from a spell level she currently has access to (So, at level 4, she could choose from among the 1st level spells, at level 8 from among the 1st and 2nd level spells, and so on).

She can choose the same spell multiple times. The effects stack.

Finally, spells - I like them. But I'd expand the list a bit - add some protection (see point 2) and offensive buff spells. Maybe Divine Favor.

But of course. the spell list isn't huge, mostly due to my lack of knowledge of the spells available out there. I do want to make sure the spells remain thematic, though... That's the major catch. Divine favor might work, but the idea behind that spell seems to be getting power from a god or goddess. Then again, Divine spells in general have that stigma. Monk's 'divine' power is, fluff wise, supposed to come from their own inner power and ki. I dunno, I'll definitely be willing to add spells to the list, though.

Also, maybe give them a way to add their Wisdom to attack or damage. Maybe both.

Damage is covered from the increasing damage die and the bonus damage. Don't forget about Magic fang and Magic fang greater as well, if you use unarmed strikes. But, perhaps like the paladin who adds Charisma to attack rolls, I could add Wisdom to attack rolls into Ki strike.

Thanks for your input, Xerlith! :smallcool:

Xerlith
2014-05-15, 05:05 PM
Yeah. Well, NOW I like it without doubt. :smalltongue:

About the Ranger and Paladin comparison - I ran the numbers beside the Paladin, since the Ranger's got his problems and is also MAD.
Paladin needs only Str, Con and Cha, Dex can be safely dumped thanks to the heavy armor proficiency and magic items later on.

If you want to leave them with no armor, the way you want to resolve it is fine, I think.

Oh, about the spells - possible additions:

1st: Expeditious Retreat, Divine Favor, Entropic Shield, Shield of Faith, Shillelagh (maybe?)

2nd: Blur

3rd: Haste, Displacement

4th: True Seeing

Noctemwolf
2014-05-15, 05:53 PM
Yeah. Well, NOW I like it without doubt. :smalltongue:

About the Ranger and Paladin comparison - I ran the numbers beside the Paladin, since the Ranger's got his problems and is also MAD.
Paladin needs only Str, Con and Cha, Dex can be safely dumped thanks to the heavy armor proficiency and magic items later on.

If you want to leave them with no armor, the way you want to resolve it is fine, I think.

Oh, about the spells - possible additions:

1st: Expeditious Retreat, Divine Favor, Entropic Shield, Shield of Faith, Shillelagh (maybe?)

2nd: Blur

3rd: Haste, Displacement

4th: True Seeing

Yay. ^^ I'm glad.

And I think Shillelagh, Blur, Haste, Displacement, and True Seeing look good. The others out for now. I'll explain later if you need me too.

Noctemwolf
2014-05-18, 04:34 PM
Just a small bump, maybe....?

Noctemwolf
2014-05-27, 12:47 AM
One more bump and I'll leave it alone after this.