PDA

View Full Version : Pimping for my friends...

Indurain
2007-02-13, 05:29 PM
My friends just released their first major record label CD today in Canada. (Sorry everyone else)

With that said, I highly recommend it to EVERYONE who can get their hands on it.

The Band: The Junction
The CD: The Junction (not original, I know...but hey it's a debut album)

Their sound is hard to describe as it goes through many different transformations throughout the CD. The first track reminds me very much of early Nirvana, but just as I get comfortable with that it transforms into a more modern jazz inspired Brit Pop sound. I really don't know how else to explain it. Their first single "Components of Four" has been getting airtime on Much Music and Edge 102 (here in T.O.), so you may have actually heard them. They opened for Bedouin Soundclash on a recent cross-Canada tour.

And best of all HMV had it as a 2/25 CD so it's not too expensive. Honestly, for anyone looking for something a little bit different than the AFI's, MCR's, ASA's of the world, check out the Junction.

Support my High School Friends...The Junction (http://www.thejunction.ca/)

Indurain

Good article about the CD (http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/jct/bio.asp)

Raistlin1040
2007-02-13, 07:11 PM
Looks cool. I'll get my friend in America to pick it up and ship it over here to England when he goes to Canada for break.

Indurain
2007-02-13, 10:35 PM
Wooooooooo!! That's 1 forum member down...only thousands more to go.

ZombieRockStar
2007-02-13, 10:41 PM
Also available on iTunes. (Canadian store at least)

Downloaded.

Indurain
2007-02-13, 11:05 PM
Also available on iTunes. (Canadian store at least)

Downloaded.

I'll be really interested to hear what you think ZRS. I think it might just be right up your alley. Then again, I might be wrong.

ZombieRockStar
2007-02-13, 11:09 PM
Hmm. I'll give you a more detailed review later once I've listened a few times. The album seems varied, like you said. Punky to indie to jazzy, but I like so far.