PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this feat - War Devotion

justiceforall
2014-05-15, 04:35 AM
It seems terrible, even worse than Magic Devotion. It reads like it only lasts for a single round, and if you want to use it again, it costs THREE turn undead uses? What gives?

I don't get the power or even the usability gap in the Devotion feats, some of them are awesome, most of them are at least interesting, but a few of them are just awful.

What am I missing about this feat?

nedz
2014-05-15, 04:48 AM
It's a poor feat — they exist. This feat is almost OK if you are using the Fighting Defensively style of Combat. That said the fighting style is very sub-optimal and you don't get enough uses out of this feat for it to be worthwhile not the least because this fighting style tends to make combats last longer and the duration is too short. If each use lasted a minute then it might be worthwhile, but it still wouldn't be worth 3 TUs.

justiceforall
2014-05-15, 04:55 AM
It's a poor feat — they exist. This feat is almost OK if you are using the Fighting Defensively style of Combat. That said the fighting style is very sub-optimal and you don't get enough uses out of this feat for it to be worthwhile not the least because this fighting style tends to make combats last longer and the duration is too short. If each use lasted a minute then it might be worthwhile, but it still wouldn't be worth 3 TUs.

I'm used to poor feats, but this seems even more horrible than Toughness. The fact it only lasts one round makes me think I misread it, or its an error that got overlooked.

Necroticplague
2014-05-15, 05:33 AM
I'm used to poor feats, but this seems even more horrible than Toughness. The fact it only lasts one round makes me think I misread it, or its an error that got overlooked.

Nope, it just really sucks.

Talionis
2014-05-15, 07:58 AM
It's a bad feat, but I see nothing wrong with having it last one minute by house rule. Talk to your DM if that sounds like something interesting.

HammeredWharf
2014-05-15, 08:07 AM
If War Devotion lasted a minute, it could be useful with 5 ranks in Tumble and ToB maneuvers. By RAW I don't think it works with either, so it sucks even more than it should.

afroakuma
2014-05-15, 08:19 AM
It's a bad feat, but I see nothing wrong with having it last one minute by house rule. Talk to your DM if that sounds like something interesting.

I'd knock off the uses and just have it modify your defensive fighting. It's not a popular option regardless.