PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder contingency

evyldead
2014-05-15, 08:45 AM
How would you make full plate with contingency a heal spell when you hit 0 HP ?

Slipperychicken
2014-05-15, 09:05 AM
Healing enchantment (+8,000gp, MiC) hits the wearer with 1/day Cure Moderate at CL 5 when you hit -1 to -9, so we could work up from there.

So to make it a 1/day Heal effect instead, I guess we'd subtract the cost for the Cure Moderate effect (6,000gp*), so we have 2,000 remaining. Now we add the cost of a Heal spell(26,400gp**), and the final price tag is +28,400 gold as an armor enchantment (meaning you would add this flat amount to the cost of your existing magic fullplate). Which is pretty respectable for something which recovers 110 hit points and cures almost every status effect in the book.

As for making it, you'd need someone with Craft Magic Arms and Armor, who could either cast Heal or make the necessary Spellcraft check to ignore the spell requirement. Enchanting it yourself would take roughly 29 days, and you'd need have the feat and make the relevant Spellcraft check (DC 16 if you can cast Heal, DC 21 if you can't), but it would cut the cost in half.

*Cure Moderate cost: Use Activated, One use per day. 3 (spell level) * 5 (caster level) * 2000 (use activated) * 0.2 (1/day) = 6,000

**Heal cost: Use Activated, One use per day. 6 (spell level) * 11 (caster level) * 2000 (use activated) * 0.2 (1/day) = 26,400gp.

evyldead
2014-05-15, 09:42 AM
How would you create that armor but not once per day but once you hit zero you can just re-cast the heal spell back into the armor and the contingency is back up?

So I'm in a fight, I hit zero, contingency comes into effect heals me up to full HP. We win a fight. A cleric uses heal to put it back into my armor so next time I get into a battle that contingency is in effect again.

Urpriest
2014-05-15, 09:46 AM
How would you create that armor but not once per day but once you hit zero you can just re-cast the heal spell back into the armor and the contingency is back up?

So I'm in a fight, I hit zero, contingency comes into effect heals me up to full HP. We win a fight. A cleric uses heal to put it back into my armor so next time I get into a battle that contingency is in effect again.

You wouldn't. There would be absolutely no reason to put it into armor rather than just casting it directly on you in some fashion.

Slipperychicken
2014-05-15, 09:56 AM
You wouldn't. There would be absolutely no reason to put it into armor rather than just casting it directly on you in some fashion.

IIRC there are feats which let you use your own spell slots to recharge wands and such. Maybe there's something like that for other items?

Yanisa
2014-05-15, 10:13 AM

That sounds more like Spell Storing (Armor) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/spell-storing). Home rule a greater version for +3 that allows up to level 6 spells.