PDA

View Full Version : DM Help A question about potential House Rules

Loxagn
2014-05-15, 11:29 AM
Would it really do much harm to roll Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved TWF, Greater TWF, and Perfect TWF into one feat?

I'm trying to consider things for someone who wants to be a two-weapon fighter and there's just so many feats he needs to take...

Kraken
2014-05-15, 11:32 AM
You'll be fine, as long as the player benefiting doesn't have a penchant for squeezing every last drop of power into a character.

rollforeigninit
2014-05-15, 11:33 AM
That's actually pretty common. I use that and do the same with the 2 weapon defense line.

Darkweave31
2014-05-15, 11:35 AM
Nope, in fact I just make it a martial proficiency. Then I have a two-weapon fighting feat that allows a character to make an off-hand attack whenever they make a main hand attack (standard action attacks, attacks of opportunity, extra attacks from haste, etc.) not just the extra attacks on a full attack.

Asteron
2014-05-15, 11:45 AM
I do this. I also made Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization into flat numerical bonuses (+1 per 4 & 5 levels respectively...) Although that still makes them kinda weak feats.

Generally I try to wrap mundane feat trees in to one so that they are a little more viable.

Togo
2014-05-15, 11:47 AM
It's the house rule I most commonly encounter. You can abuse it, but you really have to try quite hard, and even then it's only a problem in a low op game.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-05-15, 11:57 AM
It's only a problem at the absolute very lowest level of optimization. Like, "sure, I'll take a +2/+2 skill feat, that looks good!" levels of optimization. So... yeah, the fact that you're even asking that question means that you'll probably be fine.