PDA

View Full Version : Ghoul mage werewolf

Fear_Zod
2007-02-13, 10:16 PM
hey i remember my friends talking about a world of darkness NPC, who was awakened just as he became a ghoul, and used his power to become a werewolf too, and then later went after taimate, does anyone know what book his in i think his name was simon something

ZekeArgo
2007-02-13, 10:19 PM
hey i remember my friends talking about a world of darkness NPC, who was awakened just as he became a ghoul, and used his power to become a werewolf too, and then later went after taimate, does anyone know what book his in i think his name was simon something

As a *cannon* NPC? Are you sure they weren't talking about some munchkin at a LARP?

Fear_Zod
2007-02-13, 10:25 PM
no he was in an offical adventure, he gets 'killed' by a paradox spirit in the end,

Zincorium
2007-02-13, 10:39 PM
As a *cannon* NPC? Are you sure they weren't talking about some munchkin at a LARP?

Almost assuredly not a cannon NPC, and probably not a canon NPC, either, since as far as I'm aware the writers WW hires are supposed to mix only 2 different systems at most, this guy mixes:
-Vampire (ghoul)
-Werewolf (the obvious)
-Whatever Tiamat is in, I'm not aware of her existence in any WW book
-Mage (paradox spirit)

oriong
2007-02-13, 10:46 PM
It seems like he is a mage actually, since the OP said he was awakened. Any idea what adventure this is, since it seems pretty darn insane (as far as I know it's impossible to 'make' yourself into a werewolf at all)

Fear_Zod
2007-02-13, 10:49 PM
Im not sure of the name, but they go after taimat which is a powerful vampire living in the amazon. The npc is also ment to have an item calle dthe black rod or something like that, that stores paradox

I should also mention this is OLD world of darkness

Mortanious
2007-02-13, 11:30 PM
Samuel Haight, the kinfolk hedge mage who became a ghoul who used a kinfolk ritual where he needed the skins of 10 garou to become a garou. then found a verbena artifact that gave him sphere magic. He was a cannon NPC, in the Valkenburg Foundation (werewolf adventure), Story Teller's Guide to the Sabbat (2nd edition one, I think), Rage Across the Amazon (werewolf), Book of Cantries (mage book), New Orleans by Night (vampire) and Chaos Factor (vampire/mage crossover if I recall). when he died he became a wraith and was turned into an ashtray.

oriong
2007-02-13, 11:40 PM
Wow...his middle name must be crossover.

Fear_Zod
2007-02-13, 11:49 PM
Samuel Haight, the kinfolk hedge mage who became a ghoul who used a kinfolk ritual where he needed the skins of 10 garou to become a garou. then found a verbena artifact that gave him sphere magic. He was a cannon NPC, in the Valkenburg Foundation (werewolf adventure) and Chaos Factor (vampire/mage crossover if I recall). when he died he became a wraith and was turned into an ashtray.

thanks that is indeed the guy im thinking.

Mortanious
2007-02-13, 11:53 PM
It was only 5 garou skins he needed, not 10

Samuel Haight's Stats
http://www.menchhofer.com/chris/pdf/MiscOWOD/SamuelHaight.pdf

Fear_Zod
2007-02-14, 12:25 AM
mmmm now i just need a way for him to get glamour and finally become a wayward, then all will fall into place.

oriong
2007-02-14, 12:39 AM
Heh, I love this little note on the sheet:

Note: Samuel Haight Must Die.

Quietus
2007-02-14, 01:20 AM
Uhhh... what? Are you trying to make this char into a PC? Or using him as an NPC, or something?

Fear_Zod
2007-02-14, 10:19 AM
no im using him as a base character for a larp, (not world of darkness) basically after hes lost all his powers, and just really wanted to find out about him more