PDA

View Full Version : A messenger raven!

Bulix
2014-05-15, 04:15 PM
Hey Playground.

Listen, I'm into board games. Especially ones with secret negotiations, espionage, alliances and backstabbing. I love it. My friends appear to love it too. But, we have encountered a problem.

Most of our negotiations are made by text, since it's secret. But we crave an app that will let us do this, while in role. So, for example, insted of texting John, I'm texting his kingdom's name. With no chat history.
So basically, one that will let you change your name, your picture, and never have chat leftovers.

We'd really appreciate any help you guys could give us. We're kinda stumped.

Khay
2014-05-15, 04:31 PM
It might not be as convenient as text messaging, but you could do this via IRC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_relay_chat) - you'd need to hop onto the same network, and maybe join the same channel for convenience, and from there on you should be able to do everything you described. Changing your name is just a /nick away, chat logs generally aren't kept unless you explicitly save them (though it depends on the client), and there are clients for just about every platform this side of a calculator. You can easily do group chats or PM people individually. No pictures, though, the protocol predates those things.