PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic Classes & PrCs

Pesimismrocks
2014-05-15, 04:33 PM
Are there any good Chaos / Random themed classes or base classes?

I ask because I am playing a level 14 gestalt character, and me and my party will be ascending to godhood, so we have to have a theme. I have chosen to be Chaos. One side of the gestalt will be Psion / Anarchic Initiate. I have no idea for the other side. Anything that has random effects or energy types woul be greatly appreciated.

Darkweave31
2014-05-15, 04:36 PM
Are there any good Chaos / Random themed classes or base classes?

Shadowcraft mage (aka killer gnome)... your illusions become reality. I'm sure a god of chaos can have fun with that (I know mine did).

Rebel7284
2014-05-15, 04:42 PM
Chaos Devotion feat may fit.

There is also Wild Mage that gets random caster level boost/penalty.

Crusaders get several powerful chaos themed maneuvers as I recall.

In general, chaos is really BAD for PCs. You want consistent results.

BornValyrian
2014-05-15, 04:44 PM
Wilder is pretty chaotic and the one psionic PrC that advances/gives wild surge and a special chaotic surge. Away from books right now but it is in Complete Psionic. Wilder/Psion Gestalt with that Tacked on for crazy wild surges with psion powers known.

Darkweave31
2014-05-15, 04:59 PM
Wilder is pretty chaotic and the one psionic PrC that advances/gives wild surge and a special chaotic surge. Away from books right now but it is in Complete Psionic. Wilder/Psion Gestalt with that Tacked on for crazy wild surges with psion powers known.

That's the anarchic initiate mentioned in the op

BornValyrian
2014-05-15, 06:00 PM
That's the anarchic initiate mentioned in the op

Whoops. Sorry OP, I should read the whole thing next time.
Hmm. Sorcerer with Anarchic Bloodline from Dragon Compendium?
If you're willing to do 3rd party, there is an Encyclopedia Arcane that has a chaos magic subsystem, though I'm not the best judge of balance. They basically build their spells from the ground up to make a caster level +charisma mod check against a DC based on the effects combined.

Troacctid
2014-05-16, 04:30 AM
You could be a Cleric with appropriate domains. Or a Domain Sorcerer (and prestige into Wild Mage). There's also the Chaotician, from Planar Handbook.

HammeredWharf
2014-05-16, 05:11 AM
A Cleric of Limbo should work.

nedz
2014-05-16, 05:15 AM
There are several Luck based PrCs and Feats — I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for though ?

Feint's End
2014-05-16, 09:13 AM
How about a chaotic neutral incarnate? The synergy between the two is pretty great since meldshaper usually have a lot of passive and defensive stuff while psions are very offensive and active.

flavourwise you would really be a symbol of your alignment then.

Dunditschia
2014-05-16, 09:16 AM
Beguiler, going into shadowcraft mage gives you some pretty cool illusion-related abilities to wreak havoc with.

Magic Myrmidon
2014-05-16, 09:32 AM
In the planar handbook, there's a prestige class for the planescape faction that is all about chaos. But the class itself isn't really tied to the setting. It's called the Chaotician, so... if all you're looking for is chaos, that's probably a good choice.

XmonkTad
2014-05-16, 09:52 AM
The Fey Heritage line (Cmage) and the Abyssal Heritor line (FC1) are both good sets of feats for a chaos character.

As for base class is dragon mag allowed? Sidewinder Monk.

Angelalex242
2014-05-16, 01:16 PM
Are you looking for CN classes only?

Or are CG/CE classes good too?

Val666
2014-05-20, 01:35 PM
Try Wildshaping Mystic Ranger/ Totemist.
If DM allows prestiges with gestalt, go
mystic ranger10,warshaper3,master of many forms7/totemist 20

Rebel7284
2014-05-20, 01:52 PM
http://dndtools.eu/feats/categories/abyssal-heritor/

Abyssal-Heritor feats are all chaos themed. Chaotic Spell recall isn't bad, and as I recall, has been used with wizard 10 substitution levels that grant the chaos descriptor to all your spells.

Red Fel
2014-05-20, 02:15 PM
How about a chaotic neutral incarnate? The synergy between the two is pretty great since meldshaper usually have a lot of passive and defensive stuff while psions are very offensive and active.

flavourwise you would really be a symbol of your alignment then.

Going to go with this one. There's a lot you can do with Psionics and Incarnum. For example, web article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a). You can get Astral Vambraces for highly versatile powers, Charming Veil for charms and compulsions, and Psychic Focus for your pewpew.

One of the major disappointments of the Chaotic Incarnate is the lack of aligned soulmelds. However, for a class as diverse as Incarnate, that's hardly a hang-up. In fact, in the hands of a Psion, this can become a strength. One of the few soulmelds that keys off of Chaotic alignment is the Incarnate Avatar, which grants you a bonus on ranged attack rolls based on essentia invested. Meaning more pewpew. It also gives you the silhouette of a big blue Slaad. Because Slaad.

You could also take some chance-related soulmelds, such as Lucky Dice, and let chaos work out for you!

Oh, and at 20th level you become an Outsider, with the appropriate subtype. So, you know, enjoy punching holes into Limbo; you practically belong there.

WinWin
2014-05-20, 06:48 PM
Slaad Brooder

Elderand
2014-05-20, 06:53 PM
Ah ! As if the true chaotic could be bound by such ordered concept as classes or such game as dnd.

True chaotic play calvinball.