PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me optimize this girl!

Val666
2014-05-16, 12:11 AM
Hello dear buddies! This time I need help optimizing a BBEG for a campaign im running. It must have a level 20 character build and this are
the important things I want her to have:

-Must be a Human
-Im using the Wedded to History feat to make her "Immortal"
-She have to use claws as weapons that deal tons of damage
-Teleport at will or with very low cooldown (abrupt jaunt comes to mind)
-A lot of regeneration or fast healing
-Claws must have a very instant con damage dealer like a poison or something.

Any help and suggestions apreciated (:

Taveena
2014-05-16, 01:05 AM
Best way to get a lot of attacks with claws is Beast Strike - with full BAB, that's 4 mainhand attacks, 3 offhand attacks, and then the standard two natural weapon attacks.

KrimsonNekros
2014-05-16, 01:20 AM
You'll probably also want to give her the Willing Deformity BoVD p.50 or HoH p.125, and Deformity (Clawed Hands) BoVD p. 48, feats

Gildedragon
2014-05-16, 01:26 AM
Swordsage for Shadow Jaunt, Stride and Blink

For poison, get poison use from... somewhere. Poison Rings? Alchemical capsules?

Val666
2014-05-16, 01:41 AM
Ok so The char s following an elder evil. That nets an extra 5 vile feats.
Willing Deformity
Deformity Claws
Deformity Tall
Deformity Madness
?

As for Deformity Claws I got one question: the damage you deal with the claws is considered unarmed damage?

Flickerdart
2014-05-16, 02:26 AM
Warlock seems like a good choice - Eldritch Claws and Flee the Scene cover the claws and teleporting, for instance.

Karmea
2014-05-16, 02:34 AM
As for Deformity Claws I got one question: the damage you deal with the claws is considered unarmed damage?

Bit of an odd phrasing on the feat, but generally no.

A creature that has a natural weapon, such as a claw or slam, is considered armed. It can make unarmed attacks, but it can’t use its natural weapons as if they were unarmed attacks, nor can it apply abilities that affect only unarmed attacks to its natural weapons.

ArendK
2014-05-16, 03:03 AM
I'm not as up to date on the ToB as I should be, but the best route I think you could go would be maybe Warlock 10-12/Swordsage 10-8? I believe that Swordsage gets Tiger Claw, and I know they get Shadow Hand; Start Warlock first since you can get the higher level manuevers out the gate.

Warlock would give you some dimension door goodies, as well as other thematic abilities as needed.
This isn't terribly optimized as far as BAB goes, but it'd give you the general set of abiltiies you want.

For your extra vile feat, grab one of the ones that do Vile damage; it's beautiful to watch the havoc that can wreck on a party, especially if it doesn't click how to fix it (I used it on a recurring villain once; made each fight more memorable).

Taveena
2014-05-16, 03:31 AM
Eldritch Claws Warlock with Utterdark Blast would be able to do negative levels - it's not quite con damage but it's a similar debuffing role? In general a lot of the eldritch essence invocations are /great/ for that. I'm sure there's some way to apply poison to your claws for free... (Psionic Minor Creation? I think that's a thing.)

Jeff the Green
2014-05-16, 03:34 AM
Totemist 8/Drow* Sneak Attack Fighter 1/Warblade 6/Crinti Shadow Marauder 5 (not necessarily in that order).

Key feats are Double Chakra (totem), Martial Study (any Shadow Hand maneuver), Martial Stance (assassin stance), Weapon Focus (claws), Disembowling StrikeCS, Surge of MalevolenceHoH, Debilitating StrikeHoH, and Poison ImmunitySK. Hidden Talent (psionic minor creation) would be nice too. Key equipment is a spell components pouch and a pair of Gloves of the Shadow Hand (all three levels combined into one item).

You bind Girallon Arms, which gets you four claw attacks. 8/day, you can make it deal 2 Con damage. 1/day/enemy you can deal 1d4 Con damage on a sneak attack. You can also store poison in your component pouch, thus allowing you to dip your claws in it as a free action (this is possibly abusive, but probably kosher for a BBEG). You can also potentially full attack three times a round, by initiating Shadow Jaunt, Shadow Stride, and Shadow Jaunt in succession and shadow pouncing. Beast Strike will definitely enhance this, netting you four extra claw attacks on a full attack. And you can recover those teleport maneuvers with a full attack or standard action. Shaping Blink shirt will also let you teleport as a standard action with no cooldown (move action if bound, though that bind is probably better off getting you more natural attacks).

Another option I didn't mention because it's slightly outside your requests is Animal DevotionCC, which will give you a bite attack that does 1d3 Con damage. Another honorable mention is Poison TalonsFCI, which lets you make your claws poisonous, but it deals Strength damage.

*Despite the name, this ACF doesn't require you to be a drow.

John Longarrow
2014-05-16, 07:09 AM
Cleric with Animal Domain.
Lvl 1-Extra turning; Extend Spell.
Lvl 3-Persistent Spell
Lvl 6-DMM Persistent
Lvl 9-Extra Turning
Lvl 12-Combat Casting
Lvl 15-Extra Turning
Lvl 18-Extra Turning

Use the adaptation for Abjurant Champion so she winds up Cleric-15 /Abjurant Champion 5 for a BAB of 16.
9th level domain for Animal is Shape Change.

BUFF to the max with abjuration spells then turn into something BIG/NASTY/CLAWED and go to town.

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-16, 07:37 AM
Hello dear buddies! This time I need help optimizing a BBEG for a campaign im running. It must have a level 20 character build and this are

-Must be a Human

Take Survivor and focus Wisdom.
Classes:
Totemist 2, for Girallion Arms
Warlock 14, Each of your four claws will deal 7d6 + Unarmed Strike damage.
Paladin of Freedom 2, for Divine Grace
Overwhelming Attack Chaos Monk 1, for Wis to AC and Power Attack, Chaotic flurry can technically use the claws, I believe. (If not allowed, just strive for a monk's belt)
Saint Template +2 LA, for Wis to AC, Fast Healing, DR, Elemental Immunities, and "a double-strength magic circle against evil and as a lesser globe of invulnerability both as cast by a cleric whose level equal to the saint's Hit Dice"

Feats in no particular order:
Intuitive Attack (Wis to hit with simple or natural weapons)
Serenity, for Divine Grace
Nymph's Kiss
Touch of Golden Ice (This is the "Poison" you are looking for)
Eldritch Claws

Hiro Quester
2014-05-16, 09:48 AM
For the CON damage SRD has a table of injury poisons here (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Poisons#Table:_Poisons), which include various injury poisons and their damage. Many do significant CON damage. some have relatively high DCs for the save, too.

It would also be a good idea to gain some kind of poison immunity, since applying poison gives a 5% chance of poisoning yourself, and rolling a 1 on attack roll with a poisoned weapon also requires a DC15 reflex save to avoid poisoning yourself.

E.g. a Heroes' Feast for breakfast, among many other useful buffs, gives you poison immunity for 12 hours.
Maybe keep a scroll of Neutralize Poison around for emergencies.

Kamin_Majere
2014-05-16, 05:36 PM
Not exactly what you are looking for but a decent subsitute

Feral Human (+1 LA)
Gives you:
Claws (good ones)
Fast Healing (scales pretty well per level)
Pounce, Rend and Rake
Natural armor Bonus

Then take Unarmed Sword Sage 10 / Totemist 2 / Soul Eater 7 (i think this is the Prestige class, It might be called soul drinker)

Then you have a pouncing rending raking claw machine that deals 2 negative levels every hit it gets in with the claws, and it should get a ton of them

RavynsLand
2014-05-16, 06:23 PM
This sounds like it wants Totemist, dunnit?

Coidzor
2014-05-16, 06:51 PM

-Must be a Human

Teleport at will for shadowpouncing, or...?

Totemist gets Blink Shirt & tons of claws. Warlock lets you take the Eldritch Claws feat(Dragon 358) & at 6th level there's an invocation for that, IIRC.

Getting poison on the claws is trickier though. Wildshape Ranger/Druid can turn into a Fleshraker, but those have Dexterity poison claws, but Druid can also use Venomfire....

Val666
2014-05-17, 09:00 PM
Shadowpouncing is really good, the teleport should not be a standard action. Im taking the Feral ****ing template, so awesome! Have to read totemist for more detail but I got the idea of what you guys were saying. Thanks everyone for the wonderful help!!!!!!!

Coidzor
2014-05-17, 09:03 PM
Probably get enough Totemist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?287304-danzibr-s-Totemist-Handbook)in 2-6 levels for your purposes & some feat investment, depending.

Dorian Gray
2014-05-17, 10:11 PM
Has telflammar shadowlord (http://dndtools.eu/classes/telflammar-shadowlord/) been suggested yet? Level 5 gets you full attacks after every teleport and immunity to death (sorta). Pick up 6 levels of warlock for at-will teleport and from then you can do whatever.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-17, 10:59 PM
A Necklace of Natural Attacks (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060707a) that adds +1, Wounding, and Marrowcrushing to two natural weapons (claws) would cost 144,600 gp. That would give the claws a +1 Enhancement bonus and make them deal 1 point of Con damage due to bleeding which doesn't affect crit-immune targets, and 1 point of Con damage that does not specify that anything could be immune to the effect. Marrowcrushing is from BoVD and its creation requires the casting of a Necromancy [Evil] spell from that book. Against most targets every claw attack will deal 2 Con damage.

Tokiko Mima
2014-05-18, 04:31 AM

-Must be a Human

Level
Class / PrC
Required Option

Swordsage (Unarmed variant) 1
Dex 13, Feat: Blind Fight, Dodge, Maneuver: any Shadow Hand, any Setting Sun, Skill: Hide 4

Warlock 1

Warlock 2
Feat: Mobility

Warlock 3

Warlock 4

Warlock 5
Feat: Eldritch Claws

Warlock 6
Invocation: Flee the Scene

Swordsage (Unarmed variant) 2
Maneuver: Assassin Stance, Skill: Hide 8

Shadow Sun Ninja 1
Feat: Beast Strike

Shadow Sun Ninja 2

Shadow Sun Ninja 3

Shadow Sun Ninja 4

Shadow Sun Ninja 5

Shadow Sun Ninja 6
Maneuver: Shadow Stride

Shadow Sun Ninja 7
Feat: Spring Attack, Skill: Hide 10, Move Silently 10

Telflammar Shadowlord 1

Telflammar Shadowlord 2

Telflammar Shadowlord 3
Feat: Quicken SLA: Flee the Scene

Telflammar Shadowlord 4

Telflammar Shadowlord 5

Advantages:

Unarmed strike with Eldritch Claws out: 2d10+3d6+Str bonus
Uses Touch of the Shadow Sun to heal that amount of damage as a free action
+Wis to AC in light armor, or 1 + Wis to AC in no armor, +2 AC as swift action
3/day swift action teleport 40'. Can use at will as standard action, Shadow Stride 50' as a move or Shadow Jump for up to 100' range
Darkvision 60', even in magical darkness
Automatically attempt to blind anyone that fails to detect you while Hiding.
+4 atk/dmg vs. anyone you successfully blind
Free full attack when you teleport into melee range of an opponent
8d6 cold damage 30' radius burst on the round after you are hit
As long as you are in some kind of shadows, Reflex save versus any lethal damage
Upgrading eldritch blast or unarmed strike via items (monk's belt, chausible) improves both damage and healing

Disadvantages:

You're going to have to find a spell or item that gives you the poison you want.
No regeneration or fast healing, but does have massive self healing via Touch of the Shadow Sun
Very MAD

TiaC
2014-05-18, 04:55 AM
The best way I've found of getting damage for builds like this is using Beast Strike+Eldritch Claws with items and feats to get the 2d10 damage of a 20th level monk, then using Greater Mighty Wallop to increase that to 12d8. Your hits will then deal 24d8+EB+Str damage.