PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Undead Mastery: How do I build my evil army of undead minions?

Chester
2014-05-16, 11:01 AM
Hey there! :smallbiggrin:

My Dread Necro is about to earn Undead Mastery.

Can anyone give me tips on how /where to begin building up my minions?

I've heard tales of how Dread Necromancers can build literal armies, but I am a bit uncertain on the logistics of how to do it.

OldTrees1
2014-05-16, 11:11 AM
You might have noticed a 2nd level spell called Command Undead. Buy a Lesser Chain Spell Metamagic Rod[CArc] for 27200gp.

Next buy a Ring of Lesser Desecration[Dead Life article (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20021031x)] for 4,395gp.

Always animate dead while near an altar that you desecrated via the Ring. Combined with your Undead Mastery class features, your minions get +4hp per HD. (That is about x5/3rd the hp). Also try to animate corpses with the most HD per corpse you can.

3 times per day cast Command Undead and activate your Lesser Chain Spell Metamagic Rod. Each casting with grant you control of [1+Caster Level] undead for [Caster Level] days.

You (Caster level 8 right?) now control 216(3*9*8) Undead (no HD limit), oh and you control your tiny (32+8*Cha mod HD)animate dead pool as well

John Longarrow
2014-05-16, 11:19 AM
Step 1... Poison the well that a Hill Giant community uses with something NASTY. Toss in several diseases to. Grab a couple copper piece hookers while your at it.
Step 2... Wait for giants to die off.
Step 3... PROFIT

Wait, step 3 is start animating.

Step 4... Invade City. Or Dungeon. Or small Kingdom.
Step 5... Profit

That is about the logistics of it. Kill something you want as a troop in your army then cart the body around until needed.