PDA

View Full Version : Isn't there a disengage action in 3.5?

GlorinSteampike
2014-05-16, 11:42 AM
Simply put, is there an action in 3.5 that allows you to move, and not provoke from the first square you leave in the turn? I believe it was the Disengage action. A full round action where you could move up to your speed and not provoke from the first square you left.

I know that you can tumble out of squares, but for a while I've played with the disengage action but maybe it was just a homebrew rule my friend made up and it was just accepted by the group all this time. Been trying to find different types of movement for a scaredy-cat style character but looking through the PHB and All About Movement 1-5 I couldn't find anything :( Thanks for any help!

ericgrau
2014-05-16, 11:45 AM
It's called withdraw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#withdraw). It lets you double move as a full round action. Your first square does not provoke an attack of opportunity from opponents you can see, but your other squares can still provoke and your first square can provoke from a foe you can't see.

Amphetryon
2014-05-16, 11:47 AM
Simply put, is there an action in 3.5 that allows you to move, and not provoke from the first square you leave in the turn? I believe it was the Disengage action. A full round action where you could move up to your speed and not provoke from the first square you left.

I know that you can tumble out of squares, but for a while I've played with the disengage action but maybe it was just a homebrew rule my friend made up and it was just accepted by the group all this time. Been trying to find different types of movement for a scaredy-cat style character but looking through the PHB and All About Movement 1-5 I couldn't find anything :( Thanks for any help!

You want the Withdraw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm) action.

GlorinSteampike
2014-05-16, 11:48 AM
Awesome awesome thanks for the quick replies guys. My problem was I looking for the wrong action! Haha ^^; Muchos Gracias.

thethird
2014-05-16, 04:26 PM
*muchas gracias :smallwink: