PDA

View Full Version : Spammer for several days?

CoffeeIncluded
2014-05-16, 12:19 PM
There's a spam account on the OOC subforum (and likely more, but that's one of the subforums I go on most) that has had an account for nearly a week and has been spamming nonstop this entire time. Usually spam accounts are banned pretty quickly, so a week seems like a long time. Is something going on that isn't letting this guy get banned?

Killer Angel
2014-05-16, 01:27 PM
I suppose that, sometimes, a fish can slip through the thickest net.
The wisest thing is just to report it again, adding further details.

ChristianSt
2014-05-16, 02:31 PM
As with all Spam the wisest seems to be just to report it and move along ignoring them otherwise.

A recent thread on Spamming (and what to do against it), ended with this:

Sheriff: We appreciate your interest and willingness to help. What would be most helpful is to report individual spam threads, ignore such threads and go about your business, and not engage in hyperbole about how such threads are huge problem or destroying the forum.

Roland St. Jude
2014-05-16, 03:31 PM
Sheriff: My sense is that in the OOC subforum most people have their games bookmarked, which means they go right to their thread without seeing (and thus without reporting) spam in that area. Also, the sheer volume of new posts in many different existing threads likely pushes spam off the first page faster than elsewhere.