PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Quick Questions

Neon Knight
2007-02-14, 07:24 AM
1.Can a person end a charge attack with a flurry?

2. Can a person move 30ft. and make an attack without it being a charge?

3. If a person is dual wielding, does he get a flurry for each weapon?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-14, 07:27 AM
1. No.

2. Yes.

3. No. The flurry adds one extra attack, and dual wielding adds one extra attack (or 2 or 3 if you have ITWF ot GTWF), for a total of 2 extra attacks.

daggaz
2007-02-14, 07:33 AM
1) No. Flurry requires you make a full attack action. Charging requires you move (and you only get a single standard attack at the end)). The two are incompatible.

2) Yes, if your movement rate and/or spells/effects allows it.

3. No. Flurry states, "When doing so, she may make one extra attack in a round." So regardless of how or what you wield, you get one extra attack, at a -2 penalty I might add.

Doh, ninjaed!

Neon Knight
2007-02-14, 07:34 AM
Kay. Here is one more question:

Can a monk use both of his fists to dual-wield unarmed attacks?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-14, 07:35 AM
In theory, yes. However, remember that one of his fists will be applying only half his Str mod to damage.

Person_Man
2007-02-14, 10:11 AM
Read the FAQ (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a). It specifically addresses Monks with Flurry + TWF.

Yes, Monks using unarmed strike and/or Monk weapons can use TWF with Flurry. The penalties stack. So mathmatically its a poor idea unless your enemy's AC is very low or so high that you always need natural 20 to hit.

Also, Monk's are very feat hungry, so it rarely makes sense to waste feats on TWF when you need them for so many other things.

Hario
2007-02-14, 10:12 AM
Actually you can do no 1 if you use a psyonic spell called 'Psyonic Lion charge' you can get that from a 1 lvl dip into Psychic Warrior, which isn't a horrible choice, dispite my hatred for psyonics, basically the 'spell' allows you as a swift action to charge then immediatly get a full round action.

ishi
2007-02-14, 10:15 AM
According to the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm), Psionic Lion's Charge is a 2nd level power, requiring 4 levels in Psychic Warrior, not 1.

Alternatively, Lion's Charge is also a Druid Spell level 3, and you can also charge with a full attack if your race or class has the ability Pounce.

Person_Man
2007-02-14, 11:21 AM
Ways to get pounce (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=5305146#post5305146).

Artanis
2007-02-14, 01:45 PM
Actually you can do no 1 if you use a psyonic spell called 'Psyonic Lion charge' you can get that from a 1 lvl dip into Psychic Warrior, which isn't a horrible choice, dispite my hatred for psyonics, basically the 'spell' allows you as a swift action to charge then immediatly get a full round action.
Going into Psionic Fist might work better. You get Psychic Warrior powers while still progressing your Monk stuff (i.e. unarmed damage) and not triggering the Monk's "multiclassing screws you over forever" clause.

brian c
2007-02-14, 05:36 PM
Ways to get pounce (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=5305146#post5305146).
Good idea; fyi Pounce is a feat that allows you to make a full attack (thus allowing flurry) after a charge

the_tick_rules
2007-02-14, 05:40 PM
my favorite monks feats are improved natural attack, sanctify natural strike and holy nautral attack (or something close to that, the last 2 are in exalted deeds). you'll be rolling fistfulls of dice for damage.

Person_Man
2007-02-15, 11:11 AM
Good idea; fyi Pounce is a feat that allows you to make a full attack (thus allowing flurry) after a charge

No, Catfolk Pounce is a feat that let's Catfolk (+1 LA race) Pounce.

Or Lion's Pounce is a feat that allows Druids to burn Wildshape uses to gain pounce. (Which is dumb, since they can just Wildshape into something with that ability).

Or you could look at the other dozen ways to get it from the link I provided.

But there is no feat that I'm aware of that gives standard melee builds the ability to Pounce, otherwise every melee build would have Shock Trooper+Leap Attack+Pounce.