PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A firearm ranger?

SirWolf312
2014-05-16, 05:46 PM
I'm working on a ranger that uses firearms and was wondering if there are any combat styles that are for firearms specifically? I'm using the crossbow style as of right now.

Ilorin Lorati
2014-05-16, 06:15 PM
There is not a gun combat style for Rangers as far as I know, but you're right in taking the Crossbow combat style as will give you enough feat options for a gun as long as you take a 1-level Gunslinger dip to get the free gun, proficiencies, and Gunsmithing (as well as Quick Clear).

Callin
2014-05-16, 06:20 PM
Check out Inner Sea Combat

Deadly Aim, Far Shot, Point-Blank Shot, and Precise Shot. At 6th level, he adds Clustered Shots and Snap Shot to the list. At 10th level, he adds Improved Snap Shot and Pinpoint Targeting to the list.

is one variation to the Combat Styles. I like this one for my Light Crossbow User and would work for a Gun User

Ilorin Lorati
2014-05-16, 06:29 PM
That's Erastil's Faithful Combat Style, which is only open to worshippers of that god if he's playing in a PFC/PFS game.

Callin
2014-05-16, 06:33 PM
The more ya know

But it never hurts to ask the DM

SirWolf312
2014-05-16, 07:29 PM
There is not a gun combat style for Rangers as far as I know, but you're right in taking the Crossbow combat style as will give you enough feat options for a gun as long as you take a 1-level Gunslinger dip to get the free gun, proficiencies, and Gunsmithing (as well as Quick Clear).

The crossbow style will work I think. And you don't need the Gunslinger level, half-elf with the ancestral arms trait gives you proficiency, starting at level 5 gives me plenty of money for the gun and I can always just take Gunsmithing as a regular feat if I really need it.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-16, 07:41 PM
I made one before the Gunslinger class came out. It was quite a lot of fun actually, though it took me forever to get my damn gun. Literally almost, I had to make my own gun and the DM wouldn't let me take 10 on my craft checks. It . . . took a while.

grarrrg
2014-05-16, 09:59 PM
There's also the Trophy Hunter (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/trophy-hunter) Ranger.
They 'technically' trade away their Combat Style feats, but you get Amateur Gunslinger at 2nd, and every 4th level after can choose either a Grit Feat or a (level appropriate) Gunslinger Deed.