PDA

View Full Version : What does this make?

Judge_Worm
2014-05-17, 06:00 PM
A few things that I wonder what they make.

When a man and a woman love each other very much... But what if it's a Dwarf and a Giant?

A Druid casts awaken on a Treant?Or the bestial form of a Lycanthrope?

Clone on a wizard about to undergo the ritual to lichdom?

Feel free to add your own.

Edit: by make I mean happen, or what sort of hybrid would come out. For instance I can't help but think a giant and a dwarf would create a human.

Gildedragon
2014-05-17, 07:19 PM
Cute couples?
Except the druid one... feels a bit sketch
as to the bestial form of the lycanthrope; you can't awaken that. They already have their base humanoid's INT

The Oni
2014-05-17, 08:51 PM
What if you damage the lycan's Int first, *then* Awaken him?

Talyn
2014-05-17, 09:10 PM
"Awaken" doesn't work on Humanoids or Monstrous Humanoids - a therianthrope, even in beast form, is still the creature type of his humanoid self.

Not quite sure what the original poster's question was, though - do you mean what kind of half-breed would be produced?

Socksy
2014-05-17, 11:52 PM
I had a dozen-odd page thread dedicated to Dragon father/Humanoid mother a while back.

JeminiZero
2014-05-18, 02:44 AM
Or the bestial form of a Lycanthrope?
There is the quasilycanthrope (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) template for lycanthrope cross breeds.

Clone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/clone.htm) creates nothing but an inert flesh if the original is still alive.

If you are asking what happens if the wizard dies after lichdom, and has a fleshy clone lying around, I think the clone will remain an inert corpse (since using clone will result in level loss), and his new lich body instead regenerates near his phylactery (which has no level loss).

Alex12
2014-05-18, 03:15 AM
Clone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/clone.htm) creates nothing but an inert flesh if the original is still alive.

Ah, but liches are, by definition, not alive. Doesn't matter if he's up and about, he's not alive.

arcane_asp
2014-05-19, 07:30 AM
Giant & a Halfling might make a human...? That is, setting aside the 'mechanics' of the coupling.

What if a demon/angel procreate together (for whatever reason)? Would it be a Dangel/Aemon with features of each?

ORione
2014-05-19, 07:40 AM
What if a demon/angel procreate together (for whatever reason)? Would it be a Dangel/Aemon with features of each?

Either a half-celestial demon, or a half-fiendish angel.

nedz
2014-05-19, 07:59 AM
What if a demon/angel procreate together (for whatever reason)? Would it be a Dangel/Aemon with features of each?Either a half-celestial demon, or a half-fiendish angel.
No silly, that's how you make Kender.

Alex12
2014-05-19, 07:02 PM
I've always assumed that elf/dwarf hybrids were the origin of humans. Dunno why, I just do.

Arbane
2014-05-20, 01:00 AM
I've always assumed that elf/dwarf hybrids were the origin of humans. Dunno why, I just do.

I thought the same thing about elf-orc hybrids. (Elf-Dwarf hybrids just make more elves and dwarves, since they're the male and female genders of the same species.)

Socksy
2014-05-21, 05:11 AM
(Elf-Dwarf hybrids just make more elves and dwarves, since they're the male and female genders of the same species.)

New headcanon ö

Graypairofsocks
2014-05-21, 10:50 AM
A few things that I wonder what they make.

When a man and a woman love each other very much... But what if it's a Dwarf and a Giant?

A Druid casts awaken on a Treant?Or the bestial form of a Lycanthrope?

Feel free to add your own.

Edit: by make I mean happen, or what sort of hybrid would come out. For instance I can't help but think a giant and a dwarf would create a human.

It makes your DM angry.

Scorpina
2014-05-21, 12:41 PM
Ah, but liches are, by definition, not alive. Doesn't matter if he's up and about, he's not alive.

And thus I'd think that the Clone took on a life of it's own, which would be interesting. If the mage in question was a PC, the player should only get to control one iteration (i.e, only the lich or the clone, not both) with the other becoming an independent NPC.

It'd be quite interesting, I think, to see them develop differently as characters...

Sith_Happens
2014-05-21, 01:53 PM
What if a demon/angel procreate together (for whatever reason)?

Depends on whether the GM has read Preacher.

Deremir
2014-05-21, 08:34 PM
And thus I'd think that the Clone took on a life of it's own, which would be interesting. If the mage in question was a PC, the player should only get to control one iteration (i.e, only the lich or the clone, not both) with the other becoming an independent NPC.

It'd be quite interesting, I think, to see them develop differently as characters...

i always wanted to see someone with a ring of regeneration get their finger cut off end up playing two clones of the same character that slowly diverge in action and personality:smallbiggrin:

veti
2014-05-21, 09:16 PM
i always wanted to see someone with a ring of regeneration get their finger cut off end up playing two clones of the same character that slowly diverge in action and personality:smallbiggrin:

That happened to the PC of a friend of mine, who was playing a troll. We didn't really get to see how it turned out, we were too busy running away from the 30,000-strong barbarian horde... but we think the several hundred troll clones did manage to slow them down enough for us to get away.

Graypairofsocks
2014-05-22, 02:14 AM
That happened to the PC of a friend of mine, who was playing a troll. We didn't really get to see how it turned out, we were too busy running away from the 30,000-strong barbarian horde... but we think the several hundred troll clones did manage to slow them down enough for us to get away.

What edition was this?

I know in 3.5 only the largest chunk of a creature regenerates.