PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an Anti-magic weapon needed

Ping_T._Squirrel
2007-02-14, 01:37 PM
I am currently making a nemisis for my PCs (Not the BBEG but a very capable associate of who they think the BBEG might be), and I am looking to make him an agile melee class. That is just fluff though because what I need help with is making his weapon. Basically, I want a weapon when it hits and/or criticals, has a chance of 'casting' disenchant on the victim and his equipment.

How do you guys think this should work? I am good with creatures and all that, but terrible at equipment design.

Black Mage
2007-02-14, 01:49 PM
Are you talking about using a targeted disjunction spell when the guy hits? Personal antimagic field when he hits? Or just a dispel magic (normal or greater) ?

Ping_T._Squirrel
2007-02-14, 02:06 PM
Might be a scaling effect as for what spel it mimics though I would like it to be limited to a single item or target an attack. I sort of had in mind the dispel magic spells though for how the effect would work.

Roderick_BR
2007-02-14, 02:49 PM
There is no specific enchantment for it, but you could use the rules for magic itens in Tome And Blood (Complete Arcane probably has better rules) to make a sword with a use activated Dispel Magic.

Fax Celestis
2007-02-14, 02:57 PM
Making an intelligent Legacy weapon (see Weapons of Legacy) might be a good way to go.

Black Mage
2007-02-14, 03:04 PM
There is a dispel and greater dispel enchantment...forgot which book though...maybe underdark.

Ping_T._Squirrel
2007-02-14, 07:54 PM
That sounds promising Black Mage. Can you tell me a bit about them?