PDA

View Full Version : Avatar d20: Shadows of Kyoshi (In Character [Group B])

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-17, 10:09 PM
Senlin Harbor. While certainly not the seediest deep-sea port on the western coast, it was far from the nicest. Located to the north and west of Senlin Village, it's become a widely known refuge for those fleeing the law, both Earth Kingdom and Fire Isles. Here, your name means nothing; there is only power, and how much of it you can seize.

The town is built around a trio of solid stone docks reaching out from the shores of the small valley that Senlin Harbor is hidden inside of. The high, sheltering valley walls conceal a dirty nest of cat-owlhouses, mistflower dens and thieve's guilds. The only law is the Law of Nature: the strong live, and the weak perish. It's a fairly small town, with a permanent population of maybe 400 people of various backgrounds, but that population can more than double if the docks are full.

But you are not here because you are fleeing the law. No, all of you have been drawn here by forces unknown.

Welcome to Senlin Harbor.

Alright, here's your hint to introduce your characters and get a feel for 'em. Come on, what are you waiting for?:smalltongue:

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-18, 01:24 AM
Sefu knows what has brought him to Senlin Harbor. The same as had brought him anywhere that was not his home: the burning wanderlust within his very soul that drove him to wander.

Well, that and his trusty mule, Jing. He couldn't carry all his newfound trinkets without him.

Anyway, Sefu walks through the crowds of people, taking in the sights and sounds. Even after weeks out of the desert, he is still fascinated by anything and everything. The people all look so different from his brothers and sisters in the dunes of the sands: so many colors, so many shapes and sizes, big and small.

Of course, people tend not to enjoy when he stares at them; he's learned that well enough. So he keeps his eyes forward for the most part, tugging for Jing to follow whenever he makes a turn. He searches for a stable of some sort to keep the mule, and so he can caper through the town without having to worry about the animal. Then, the true exploration can begin.

xwiry
2014-05-18, 02:57 AM
Newly arrived in Senlin Harbor, Tulugaak found that he just needed a moment to take in this fascinating new scenery. All of these people certainly gave the place a different atmosphere from home. None of them acted toward one another in the communal custom that he knew from the Northern Water Tribe. If things could really be so different here, then his quest may be far more difficult than he had imagined. But then he knew none of these people or their ways. And perhaps, he thought, they did not know each other either. After all, how could he expect to be the only one in this port far from home? After all, there were more than just earthbending warriors and masons in the stories he heard of the world in the south. However, perhaps the best thing he could do would be to pick someone who looked like they were consistently in the area and ask them for where he might look. A dock worker, perhaps.

After finding someone who both looked at home in the setting and wasn't a woman, Tulugaak proceeded to introduce himself.

"Hello. My name is Tulugaak and I hail from the Northern Water Tribe. I am newly arrived in this port and wonder if you might assist me with a few brief words of guidance, as you look to be at home in this place. I come here seeking knowledge and understanding of this land's earthbending arts in order that I and my tribe might draw wisdom from the philosophy behind them. Could you tell me where you think I might begin my search?"

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-18, 06:28 PM
Although Tulugaak was wise enough to seek out a native to speak to, he wasn't quite worldly enough to realize that dockworkers, especially in such a seedy port, might not be as polite as him.

"Oi, scruffer! Move yeself! I'm keeping this lit'le patch o' the docks clear for me and my mates to unload some booty from our... trading partners. Shove off!"

As he was quite firmly rebuffed, a small child darted out of a darkened alley and grabbed his hand. "Mister, there's an old man who says he's an earthbender by the Boorish Fox-hound Inn. I can take you, if you'd like. But please, do you have any food?"

Spot DC 15: If successful, open the following spoiler. If not, please ignore. [roll0]You notice that the child's odd, amber eyes don't match with his brown hair and olive skin. His eyes are wildly flickering from side to side, as if looking or watching out for something.

xwiry
2014-05-18, 06:37 PM
Strange... Why does he look so excited? Is he afraid? I may need to remain vigilant in this new land. But still...

"Well young sir, I do not have any food with me. However, if you guide me to this man, then I shall do my best to make sure you do not leave my side hungry. Please lead on."

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-18, 06:49 PM
With a surge of movement, the child darts forwards, leaving the Tribesman little choice to follow along, lest he lose track of the only helpful soul he'd found so far. Narrowly dodging a heavily laden cart pulled by an overworked orstrich-horse, Tulugaak loses his grip on the child's hand as he runs into a man. Getting up and turning to see the man, he sees that he's dressed very strangely; wrapped in loose, flowing cloth of sky grey and beige with a sword grip coming from over his shoulder. Could this be an Earthbender?

xwiry
2014-05-18, 07:07 PM
With a surge of movement, the child darts forwards, leaving the Tribesman little choice to follow along, lest he lose track of the only helpful soul he'd found so far. Narrowly dodging a heavily laden cart pulled by an overworked orstrich-horse, Tulugaak loses his grip on the child's hand as he runs into a man. Getting up and turning to see the man, he sees that he's dressed very strangely; wrapped in loose, flowing cloth of sky grey and beige with a sword grip coming from over his shoulder. Could this be an Earthbender?

Could this be an Earthbender? Even if he isn't, he looks much more worldly than I. But the child... Wait. He said that he would try to lead me to this "Fox-Hound Inn"... Whatever a fox-hound is... Perhaps I may find him and this man claiming to be an earthbender there. And if this man knows the area...

"Excuse me, sir..." Tulugaak says, addressing this man in front of him."Could you please help me? I am new to the area and I seem to have lost my guide. If it would not be too much trouble, could you please lead me to this... 'inn named for a fox-hound'? He was leading me there and I would not like to make him worry, if only about his payment for his services."

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-18, 07:18 PM
Having dropped off Jing in a stable, Sefu had taken to the streets once more. This really is a fascinating town, especially once he's had time to look at the people more closely. So many people missing body parts: a finger here, an eye there. And so many scars! Many people have veritable roadmaps written into their skin.

He is looking at a particularly scarred man juggling knives in the street (possibly where he got all the scars?) when he feels a shove come from behind. Reflexes take over, and Sefu practically glides away from any potential further hits. His movement is definitely not that of a stolid earthbender, to be sure.

Ah, so the person isn't trying to attack him; that's good, at least. Sefu begins to look around once more before he realizes the man is talking to him. I can't say I know where...whatever inn you were talking about is; I just blew in today, he says. You could try asking around. I'll help, if you'd like. He doesn't have any plans, after all, and inns always tend to be good places to begin in a new town.

xwiry
2014-05-18, 07:24 PM
"Oh thank you very much! It is a comfort to find such a kind soul in this strange land. And speaking of strange, I apologize for not introducing myself. I was a bit rushed when I... ran into you.... My apologies for that. Anyway, my name is Tulugaak and I hail from the Northern Water Tribe. I am here in search of knowledge to bring back to my people to improve our lives. What is your name sir?"

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-18, 07:35 PM
I'm Sefu, from the Si Wong Desert. And I'm just wandering through the town; finding the inn you're looking for is better than wandering aimlessly.

The bald man begins to walk through the crowd, feet light on the ground as he weaves easily around people and pack animals alike. Your people are in hard times, then? he asks between asking bystanders where the boar-inn place is.

xwiry
2014-05-18, 07:49 PM
In between asking people about this fox inn and the child who was leading him, Tulugaak does his best to describe his quest to his new accomplice.

"My people fare well in our city, but I believed that there were things that could be improved through the wisdom of other peoples and other lands. And so I look for something to bring back to my people to make things easier for us all."

"... What about you? Who are your people, and how do they fare?"

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-18, 08:19 PM
Sefu nods along to Tulugaak's words. I wish you luck in your search. But what is it you seek, exactly? How will you know when you find it? Sefu tilts his head at the other man, honestly curious. Truth be told, there had been many things about his old "village" he would have improved, had he thought he would be able to. Such responsibility would have been as a dead albatross around his neck, but perhaps he could glean some insight from his new traveling partner.

Oh, my people are...they're doing the same as they always are, he answers with an easy flap of the hand. Just another tribe in the desert, getting by as well as they can. Just well enough, and not enough for him.

xwiry
2014-05-18, 08:30 PM
"Well, my friend, I do not know what it is that I seek. The last time such innovations were made either to our way of life or to our icy home, the ideas came from Avatar Kuruk, who traveled the world and gained much wisdom while learning to bend the other elements. My thoughts are that if I too travel and observe the peoples I meet on my journeys, maybe they may inspire new wisdom in me, and I in them. I do not know how much there is to learn, but to bring a new idea home to my people would make my journey a success. It is just a blessing that I am able to find kind people such as you so far from home. Whatever spurs you on your journey, whether I may help or not, I hope that you look back on these years and smile."

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-18, 08:57 PM
That's pretty vague, Sefu says as they come upon a break in the crowd of people He takes out an immaculately crafted staff, and begins spinning it around his hands in the newly-created space around them. His movements are fluid as he continues, But then again, it's not like you need a specific goal right down to the little details. Just go where you want, see what you want, and you'll make the best of what you find. That's what I think.

And there has to be more to learn in the world than either of us could hope to find. I've seen so much over the past few weeks alone, yet I've seen so little of the world. What it must be like in the Northern Water Tribe, I cannot even imagine, though I wish I could.

And you as well; I am glad to have found such an adventurous man in this town. Ah, is this the place? It's got what looks kinda like a fox-hound, if you squint at it. If the paint weren't so chipped and the wood cracked, it would be easier to discern.

theterran
2014-05-19, 07:53 AM
A youth wades through the crowd, not jostling for position as most seem to do, but simply flowing.
...Don't they see that flowing like a breeze is much simpler... he think to himself.

He is middling height for his age, though his age is somewhat hard to discern, mostly due to the stubble on his face that gives the shadow of a mustache and a goatee. The hair on his head is black, and cropped short to his scalp and truthfully is only a bit longer than the stubble on his face. His clothes are loosely fitting, and were at some point a green tint, however the dust from the road has left them discernibly brown, though they still flow, making even the most awkward of his movements seem somewhat graceful. Across his back rests a staff, one that seems to draw others eyes, but once they look at Anil himself, they seem perplexed, then shrug and go on their way. At first this confused him, however he soon came to the realization that they expected an Air Bender to be bald as to show off the tattoo. Anil didn't have a tattoo, and had some hair, so they shrugged him off as just a boy with a staff, which Anil believed made them more agreeable to him than they would be otherwise.

The crowd in Senlin Harbor is no different; they glance briefly at his staff, then him, always in that order, then go back about their business. He reached up and scratched his head as he flowed with the crowd, still somewhat amazed that he had hair, on his face, and his head! A whirl of motion brought him out of his internal musings. Scratching at his chin, which has become a habit of his since the stubble grew in, Anil starts moving toward the flurry of movement, fighting the flow of the crowd, which is extremely difficult for him on many levels.

Pausing at the edge of the crowd, he sees the backs of two men, one of which is fluidly whirling a staff. Loose fitting clothes, bald head, fluid with a staff, perhaps another airbender...or maybe just a master with a stave....still that's no ordinary staff... Anil thinks to himself.

Anil decides it would be nice to converse with another airbender, should this fellow actually be one, as it's been months since he left his Temple, so he follows them, waiting to see where they go, as this will give him time to come up with a suitable introduction.

xwiry
2014-05-19, 03:21 PM
Ah, is this the place? It's got what looks kinda like a fox-hound, if you squint at it. If the paint weren't so chipped and the wood cracked, it would be easier to discern.

"I'm not quite sure what a fox-hound looks like, either. We don't have any in my land."

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-19, 06:34 PM
"Fox-hound? Do you mean the old Fox-hound Inn?" A random stranger slowed enough to point the pair down the street. "It's a few blocks that way, on the right. The sign's old and faded, but there'll be the proprietor sitting on the porch." With a pat on Tulugaak's shoulder, he continues walking off down the street.

Anil notices that the man tosses a faded brown pouch in the air for a second before smirking and tucking it away into his tunic.

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-19, 07:41 PM
Oh, thanks, Sefu says with a nod. He starts walking off in the direction the man indicated, looking around to continue to take in the scenery. So what are you going to this inn for, again, Tulugaak?

((Spot, if you'll allow it: [roll0]. The way I see it, I could either see the man pocket the pouch, notice Anil, or neither))

xwiry
2014-05-19, 09:01 PM
(And if I did it, you know I couldn't stay in character.)

"Well as I mentioned, I had a guide when I ran into you and he was taking me to that inn. I figure that I will likely find him there and live up to my end of our arrangement. Also, I believe that I may find a bit of what I seek there. Why do you ask?"

theterran
2014-05-19, 09:06 PM
"Hey!" Anil yells as he runs toward the two standing in front of the inn. "That guy just stole your money!" Anil uses the wind to aid his speed to approach the two.

[roll0] vs DC10 - Run as the Wind

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-19, 10:10 PM
Hearing the airbender yell, the man looks back over his shoulder and sees the three staring his way. Paling, he roughly shoves people aside as he tries to get away from the three.

EDIT: Thokk, you fail to see anything (DC 15).

xwiry
2014-05-19, 10:22 PM
"Hey!" Anil yells as he runs toward the two standing in front of the inn. "That guy just stole your money!" Anil uses the wind to aid his speed to approach the two.

As the other young man runs up to Tulugaak and Sefu at surprising speed, many people in the street check their possessions, with Tulugaak finding his missing. But can Tulugaak manage to find the man again?[

[roll0] for the spot check.

Man.... And that was a REALLY good roll for a spot check...

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-19, 10:32 PM
Sefu had been opening his mouth to answer Tulugaak when the newcomer interjected and then...airbent his way to them. Oh. Joy. An airbender, probably Temple-raised. Hopefully he doesn't notice the katana hilt sticking out of his shoulder...

Oh, how exciting, a pickpocketing! Sefu thinks to himself with a grin. Even if he had been the one being pick pocketed, that probably would have been his reaction. And even if he didn't see it happen, the other man's reaction tells enough of a story for his peace of mind.

Gripping his staff, he starts to run after the pickpocket. At first he refrains from using airbending; if he can avoid the other airbender from learning that he can airbend, then maybe they can be on their separate ways without any questions coming up. He weaves through the crowd as he tries to catch up to the pickpocket.

((Can I use the Run action in a crowd of people? If so, I'll do that. If not, then I'll just double move. And Sefu would use "Run as the Wind", but he's still hoping that Anil will go away.))

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-19, 10:43 PM
Anil manages to catch sight of him just as he darts into a building. The faded sign proclaims it to be Tano's bar.

Moving through the crowd, Sefu quickly gains on him, but loses him a few blocks from the crime scene.

No, you can't use the run action in a crowd; relevant rules are in Cityscape, IIRC

xwiry
2014-05-19, 10:45 PM
Might as well move on then since both of us must have lost sight of them...

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-19, 11:03 PM
Hey, did anyone see a guy running in this direction? He was pushing and shoving everyone out of the way, it'd be hard to miss him, Sefu says to the crowd after he loses the pickpocket. He also gives a general description, as best as he can with how little he saw of the man.

theterran
2014-05-20, 07:34 AM
Noting the sign, Anil wades back through the traffic of people in the street to inform the other two where he went.

"He went into a place just down the street called Tano's Bar..." Anil conveys when he finds the two.

xwiry
2014-05-20, 07:59 AM
Catching up to his new comrade and the runner, Tulugaak hears this news with dismay.

"Do you think we'll still be able to find him?"

theterran
2014-05-20, 08:08 AM
Anil shrugs. "It's worth a shot, assuming you want your money back anyway. Still, it's probably best if we hurry regardless, else he leaves and we lose all track of him." Anil says as he starts back down the street towards Tano's, going slower as to not leave behind the other two.

xwiry
2014-05-20, 09:28 AM
Tulugaak follows with a weary sigh, now fearing that he may not be able to keep his promise.

I want to find him, but I won't be able to keep my promise without money...

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-20, 11:09 AM
Come on, we'll find him. And even if we don't, there's more money to be made in the world than what you had in your pouch just then.

He enters the bar, looking around for signs that someone had just ran through, or even the man himself.

Spot: [roll0]

xwiry
2014-05-20, 11:22 AM
(more following, more spotting.)

theterran
2014-05-20, 02:17 PM
Anil scratches his chin while examining their new environment inside the bar.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-20, 06:54 PM
Tano's bar is exactly what you'd expect of a bar in this kind of area. The drab lighting reveals stains on the floor that you aren't sure are blood, booze or something else entirely. The shabby furnishings, and generally unkempt clients only reinforce the poor feeling of this area. Sefu and Tulugaak notice a cloth tapestry hanging from the north-west corner fluttering slightly, as if there was an open panel behind it.

"And how can I help you gentlemen today?" The barkeep, a dour looking man past his prime, gruffly asks the trio as he wipes down the counter with a stained rag. "The special tonight is Omashu Ale, 4 coppers a mug."

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-21, 12:41 AM
Sefu ignores the bartender and heads straight to the flapping tapestry, adrenaline pumping. This is too exciting for him to slow down now, especially if they want to catch the thief. He pokes through the tapestry with his staff to ensure there is no wall behind it, and then pushes through it. He looks around the area he finds himself in, seeking the thief or signs of his trail.

theterran
2014-05-21, 07:01 AM
"No thank you good sir," says Anil kindly, "we are actually..." pauses Anil, as he notices the one with the staff advancing straight toward a tapestry Anil had not noticed. Anil smiles kindly at the barkeep, shrugs, and follows after.

xwiry
2014-05-21, 12:18 PM
Walking swiftly up to the bar Tulugaak does his best to ease tensions. "I apologize for their haste, sir. We are currently employed in retrieving stolen property and my two companions seem to believe that the culprit had spirited behind that tapestry. May I ask where it leads? "

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-21, 09:06 PM
Shouting at the two airbenders, the barkeep leans heavily on the bar. Upon hearing the waterbender's polite words, he winces. "Where it leads? The Granite Blocks will already take my head for letting you pass. I'm not saying anything, or else it's my daughter as well." The barkeep resumes wiping down the bar, though Tulugaak can see a tear roll down his cheek.

xwiry
2014-05-21, 10:53 PM
Shouting at the two airbenders, the barkeep leans heavily on the bar. Upon hearing the waterbender's polite words, he winces. "Where it leads? The Granite Blocks will already take my head for letting you pass. I'm not saying anything, or else it's my daughter as well." The barkeep resumes wiping down the bar, though Tulugaak can see a tear roll down his cheek.

(... Ok, at first I considered going with absolute ignorance and asking what granite was and why blocks of it, assuming they were like blocks of ice, would do with a man's daughter, but I think a 16 INT and 14 WIS score kind of disqualifies me from being quite that simple. Also, I predict trouble for me if the encounter level is higher. I call it "non-bullet proof water". ANYWAY:)

Tulugaak sighs with a heavy heart, knowing that his next action will only hinder him from the obligations he had already made. "Sir, if I understand you correctly, then I believe I know too much already. I must go with them, but I cannot leave you or your daughter to pay the ultimate price for our actions. Therefore, I advise that you pay the smaller price of closing your bar until this is worked out and coming with me under my protection as my 'hostage'. If my companions and I are unable to resolve this, then hopefully these people will understand that you are too 'loyal' to assist me and spare you both, but at the very least your lack of cooperation should save your daughter."

(and should he do this, then we should take the time to "bind" him with hemp rope and follow the others leading the barkeep along, but Tulugaak should follow anyway after the response)

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-22, 09:23 PM
The barkeep looks pityingly at the waterbender. "You really don't have any idea how the real world works, do ya kid?" He beckons him closer an quietly talks in a low-pitched voice. "You see that man over there, quaffing that beer? He's my handler, to make sure that I don't do anything. Now, this is a pretty quiet area, so he tends to stay hammered most of the time. If we're lucky, he didn't just hear you."

xwiry
2014-05-23, 01:02 PM
The barkeep looks pityingly at the waterbender. "You really don't have any idea how the real world works, do ya kid?" He beckons him closer an quietly talks in a low-pitched voice. "You see that man over there, quaffing that beer? He's my handler, to make sure that I don't do anything. Now, this is a pretty quiet area, so he tends to stay hammered most of the time. If we're lucky, he didn't just hear you."

"Our differing ideas about the real world aside," Tulugaak whispers to the barman, "I apologize for the trouble that we are causing and will do my best then to make sure it does not fall on your head." At this, Tulugaak turns to follow after the other two through the tapestry.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-26, 09:18 PM
Pushing past the tapestry, they discover a wall. Looking left, they see a flight of stairs descending into the earth, lit every twenty feet by a glowing green crystal on both walls.

xwiry
2014-05-27, 08:53 AM
"... Of course an earth kingdom syndicate would have a lair in a dimly lit underground cave."

Then again, a cave lair is still a cave. There's no knowing what's down there until...

Listen Check: [roll0]

"Also, yes. This appears to be a location of interest for a local gang of brigands. There is a man right there at the bar who is supposed to be watching over things and making sure that people don't go down here, though he regularly drinks to much and hasn't done anything about us being over here yet. It would seem that he is either passed out or just has not taken an interest in us. And if anyone asks, it's his fault we found the dimly lit cave."

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-27, 12:59 PM
Ooh, a crime syndicate? This should be interesting. Sefu sounds excited even as he takes his staff into a ready position. He tilts his head to listen as well before beginning to slowly descend the stairs. The drunk probably does as little as possible, so dealing with us would just be far too much effort for him.

Listen roll: [roll0]

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-27, 09:39 PM
The benders hear a faint murmer of voices coming from below. Without approaching, you cannot tell how many people are talking at once, but you get the feeling that it's more than the one who stole Tulugaak's purse.

theterran is on partial holiday this week and next; I'll post for him where absolutely necessary to keep the thread going.

xwiry
2014-05-28, 04:20 PM
Curious about the voices, Tulugaak begins edging down the stairs as quietly as he can, signaling the others to follow and hoping that he may hear more clearly before the path turns or forks, forcing them to stop.

Actually had to go back over the take 10/take 20 rules just to make sure that there was nothing else I could do but rely on abysmal luck. Still have a modifier, but still...

Move Silently: [roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-28, 04:28 PM
Heart pounding in his ears, Sefu follows after Tulugaak as quietly as he can.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-28, 09:34 PM
All of the muted conversation suddenly stops, and you hear a quiet whispering of cloth rustling.

Thokk_Smash
2014-05-30, 12:09 AM
Sefu barely keeps from swearing at his own blunder. Adrenaline pumping, he hurries down the rest of the stairs, slowing down near the end in order to maybe hear what else the people inside are doing. If he doesn't hear anything, he cautiously peers around the corner, loaded sling in one hand and gliderstaff in the other.

Listen: [roll0]

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-31, 09:04 PM
Sefu can hear whispered snatches of conversations.

"Alright, Chong, go to the back corner and Xunxu, you hide right beside the doorway."
"You got it, boss."
"Aye, sir

xwiry
2014-06-01, 04:10 AM
Seeing nothing happen to his new companion Sefu, Tulugaak edges down the stairs and closer to the door, unstopping his waterskin as he goes. On reaching Sefu, he stops and listens once more, trying to judge what might be found around the corner....

[roll0] YES!

theterran
2014-06-01, 04:17 PM
Unsure exactly how he managed to be at the rear of this odd little party, Anil comes up behind the other two and notices them being still, and mimics them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Back from Vacation

Thokk_Smash
2014-06-01, 09:46 PM
Sefu turns to face his companions and mouths out the words, There are three guys, one by the doorway. He holds up three fingers to make his point. We go in on my mark? He waits for them to agree or disagree, but does not wait long.

Sefu will wait one round before making his next move.

xwiry
2014-06-01, 11:37 PM
Nodding in agreement that there is no other option, Tulugaak prepares to battle these unknown foes.

The action is actually an attempt to take advantage of the "Ice Shards" waterbending seed to create a weapon made out of ice that gets an extra d4 cold damage and remains for as long as I'm holding it for a base 10 DC. The weapon in question is the Simple Weapon: Spear, similar to those used for hunting, tacking on an additional 4 to the base DC for trying to make a two handed weapon. If the roll exceeds the final DC by 5 or more, the weapon may be considered masterwork.

And the roll is [roll0]

theterran
2014-06-02, 12:08 PM
Anil frowns, and quietly grips his staff, wondering exactly what's going to happen...

Thokk_Smash
2014-06-03, 08:07 PM
Taking a deep breath, Sefu tries to calm his rattled nerves. Bringing his arms up around him and attempting to tighten his defense, he attempts to tumble into the room, bounding to his feet once he does in order to ascertain who and what is in the room.

Total Defense as a standard action, for +4 dodge bonus to AC (AC 21). Then Tumble as a move action into the room.

Tumble check: [roll0] vs DC 15 to not provoke AoO's Edit: Nnnnnnope, but I should still get the bonus from Total Defense, right?

xwiry
2014-06-19, 08:48 AM
It's pretty much one of those "wait and flank" actions, isn't it...