PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Heroics spell: delay feat choice?

Hiro Quester
2014-05-18, 09:31 AM
Okay, so as a bard/SC/heartfire fanner I can sing a song that gives other party members temporary use of a fighter bonus feat of their choice.

Useful. Fighting invisible opponents? Now everyone who needs it has blindfight.

But I can give use of a fighter bonus feat to everyone but myself. I'd occasionally like temporary use of a feat too (combat panache, TWF, etc). So, the Heriocs spell can do that.

I'm getting a custom runestaff made with a few useful lower-level useful wizard spells that my bard can't normally access (shield, wraithstrike, anticipate teleportation...). I can easily blow through the UMD check to pretend to be a wizard to use it.

Heroics will be one of them. Being 18th level, the spell lasts three hours (10 min/level). Extended, six hours. So I could cast it twice a day and be set for most encounters.

But can the recipient delay the choice of feat until an encounter happens, then choose the feat that seems most useful for that particular encounter? The rules are not clear on when the choice of feat needs to be made.

Chronos
2014-05-18, 02:33 PM
Unless stated otherwise, all decisions about a spell need to be made when the spell is cast.

Hiro Quester
2014-05-18, 11:59 PM
I guess that makes sense. Thanks, Chronos. I like flexibility, but I can see the sense in that rule.