PDA

View Full Version : At-Will Telekinesis

jguy
2014-05-18, 09:18 PM
I want to make a character around using telekinesis as my only form of combat. I love Master of the Unseen Hand as a prestige class but I want to know if there is any quicker way of getting into that prestige class outside of rolling up a wizard. All I can think of is either playing a Ghost, which my DM would never allow.

Darkweave31
2014-05-18, 10:09 PM
Psion can get the separate parts of telekinesis one or more spell levels earlier... but it would require an adaptation of master of the unseen hand (not too much to ask for really)

Then there's also ring of telekinesis, but it's always dicey whether or not you can qualify for prestige classes with items... also it's expensive.

deuxhero
2014-05-18, 10:18 PM
Find a way to get the spell as a Cleric and DMM Persist?

Windstorm
2014-05-18, 10:27 PM
there are a few tricks for turning spells into spell-likes as a sorcerer, I know as a DM I wouldn't be too bothered giving a sorc free invisible spell on all 'telekinesis' type effects for free to further the concept (floating disk, mage hand, greater versions, etc)

you might also want the feat extraordinary concentration, which turns conc to keep up a spell into a move action instead of a standard. doesn't remove the limit, but turns greater floating disk into a stylish ride or allows you to animate your weapon and still cast

jguy
2014-05-18, 11:26 PM
Are there any low CR creatures that happen to have telekinesis at will or like 3/day? Lowest I found was a Gear Ghost from PF bestiary 4 at CR 5 but again that is a ghost creature that wouldn't be allowed in any sane game.

malonkey1
2014-05-19, 12:38 AM
there are a few tricks for turning spells into spell-likes as a sorcerer, I know as a DM I wouldn't be too bothered giving a sorc free invisible spell on all 'telekinesis' type effects for free to further the concept (floating disk, mage hand, greater versions, etc)

you might also want the feat extraordinary concentration, which turns conc to keep up a spell into a move action instead of a standard. doesn't remove the limit, but turns greater floating disk into a stylish ride or allows you to animate your weapon and still cast

If it's a +0 Metamagic, you don't even need to have it built into the SLA. You can apply it naturally. I think. Don't quote me on it.

Windstorm
2014-05-19, 02:17 AM
If it's a +0 Metamagic, you don't even need to have it built into the SLA. You can apply it naturally. I think. Don't quote me on it.

not as a sorcerer or other spontaneous caster without increasing casting time, wizards or other prepared casters you would be correct

Erik Vale
2014-05-19, 02:21 AM
Arcane preparation gets around that...
But then you're preparing spells...

Inevitability
2014-05-19, 02:50 AM
Be a ghost or use a Hand of the Mage.

1pwny
2014-05-19, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I would say go for the Ring. You can get it by level 12, according to the WBL table. Umm... yeah.

Vaz
2014-05-19, 07:51 AM
Ghosts have a savage progressoon granting At Will Telekenises. On tablet so hard to link but search Ghost Savage progression.

Red Fel
2014-05-19, 08:39 AM
Be a ghost or use a Hand of the Mage.

This. Hand of the Mage (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handoftheMage) is a wondrous item, 900 gp, sits in your neck slot and gives you Mage Hand at-will. It's cheap, it's easy and it does the basics.

That said, it's not an effective combat item. Mage Hand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mageHand.htm) works only against non-magical unattended objects.

Others have mentioned the Ring of Telekinesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#telekinesis), which gives you Telekinesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telekinesis.htm) on command, but as mentioned, 75,000 gp is a substantial price tag.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-19, 12:50 PM
not as a sorcerer or other spontaneous caster without increasing casting time, wizards or other prepared casters you would be correct

Or, you know, they could take the Rapid Metamagic feat (CM) at 9th level.