PDA

View Full Version : Analysis When did Haley get an undershirt

Teapot Salty
2014-05-19, 12:17 AM
Hey guys. So in rereading the old comics I remembered that Haley has an undershirt (or at least under her armor) in the new comics, but she didn't in the older ones. When did she get it? I could just be missing something. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

rodneyAnonymous
2014-05-19, 12:24 AM
Sometime between when the last book ended and when the current book began. They were in a desert, of course she didn't wear two layers before.

Maybe Haley is wearing one of Bandana's shirts.

Rodin
2014-05-19, 03:26 AM
She had it in her Bag of Holding, obviously.

snowblizz
2014-05-19, 05:14 AM
She had it in her Bag of Holding, obviously.

Exactly.

Haley carries a lot of clothes she doesn't wear (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0570.html)

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-05-19, 05:42 AM
Seems like Haley put it on because she was heading into a much colder region. Or maybe she saw that it was raining. Whatever her reasons, it is a new change. Everyone else seems to have answered how she got it. :smalltongue:

Cizak
2014-05-19, 06:33 AM
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Rich doesn't want his female lead to show skin just for the sake of showing skin anymore. He mentioned a while ago that he's been subconsciously sexing up his female characters a bit too much.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-05-19, 01:40 PM
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Rich doesn't want his female lead to show skin just for the sake of showing skin anymore. He mentioned a while ago that he's been subconsciously sexing up his female characters a bit too much.

That's a good point too. He may have waited for the next art upgrade.

SaintRidley
2014-05-19, 02:35 PM

Combination of this with the going to the frozen north part of things.

Gift Jeraff
2014-05-19, 03:37 PM
That's actually her skin. She got a tan in the desert.

King of Nowhere
2014-05-19, 07:32 PM
She carries 9 bags of holding and has carts in them. I'd be really surprised if she hadn't an entire wardrobe in them.
Not that she actually needed it. by the rules, any minor magic item with cold resist let you walk around in the south pole naked. that could be taken as an indication that she has no cold resistance maybe?

Charity322
2014-05-20, 03:05 AM
I suspect that, like the trousers and V's shoes, she was always wearing it, but the art style just didn't show it. She seems to have switched back to her old brown leather armour, rather than the cooler desert stuff.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-05-20, 05:49 AM
I suspect that, like the trousers and V's shoes, she was always wearing it, but the art style just didn't show it. She seems to have switched back to her old brown leather armour, rather than the cooler desert stuff.

Her old costume was depicted as showing skin, so if she had an undershirt that skin would probably have been covered up. Also, the undershirt would make it hard for her to flaunt.

Ghost Nappa
2014-05-20, 07:34 AM
That's actually her skin. She got a tan in the desert.

That comment immediately struck me as false but I had to double check just to be sure.

All of the face-palmming is mine this morning.