PDA

View Full Version : Armor [FEATS]

Neon Knight
2007-02-14, 07:42 PM
Armor Focus[General]
You have trained in a specific type of armor and are can take blows better and react faster in that type of armor.
Prerequisites:Proficiency with selected armor.
Benefits:You gain +1 armor AC and have +1 Maximum Dex bonus for the chosen armor type.
Special:You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of armor.

A fighter may select Armor Focus as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Armor Specialization[General]
You have specialized in a type of armor, becoming better at moving in that particular type of armor.
Prerequisites:Proficiency with armor, Armor Focus with armor, fighter level 4.
Benefits:You reduce the armor check penalty of the selected armor by 2, and reduce the arcane spell failure chance by 5% when wearing the selected armor.
Special:You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of armor.

A fighter may select Armor Specialization as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Armor Mastery[General]
You have mastered moving and taking blows in a specific type of armor.
Prerequisites:Proficiency with armor, Armor Focus with armor, Armor Specialization with armor, fighter level 8.
Benefits:You gain +3 armor AC, gain +3 Maximum Dex Bonus, reduce the armor check penalty by 4 and reduce arcane spell failure chance by 10% when wearing the selected armor.

A fighter may select Armor Mastery as one of his fighter bonus feats.

So, wadda ya think?

blue chicken
2007-02-14, 07:55 PM
Hmmm...it makes sense to me. The only thing I'm worried about is that last step. If you've got a fighter (a bowman, say) wearing heavy armor with a 16 in Int, when he takes those three feats he'd have QUITE a lot of AC. If it's a +1 suit of full plate...that's 10 base + 9 Armor + 3 AC + 3 dex = 25. And that's a LOT of AC.

Not that I'm knocking it. AC is my favorite thing, (strategy be darned!) and I'd take these feats SO quickly if they were offered in my campaigns. It does lend itself to a high-armor character, though...which I'm sure you're aware of.

Oh, and also...be sure to specify what the +3 AC is. An armor bonus? Because then it wouldn't stack with any enchantments or anything...a dodge bonus might make sense, if you're trying to implicate they're better at moving in it...(but then again, even without armor, said character wouldn't be getting a dodge bonus. Meh.) I don't know, I'm no expert. Sorry.

JellyPooga
2007-02-14, 07:56 PM
Like the idea, but they are way too good.

Perhaps something more along the lines of:

Armour Focus
Prerequ: Proficiency
Benefit: +1 Max. Dex, Reduce Armour Check by 1 with selected armour

Armour Specialization
Prerequ: Armour Focus, Fighter lvl. 4
Benefit: +1 AC with selected armour

Greater versions of both as per Weapon Focus, etc.

jlousivy
2007-02-14, 08:00 PM
Mithril Fullplate- 8 AC 3 max dex
Mithril Fullplate with Armor Mastery- 11 AC 6 max dex and no armour check penalty
I think that adding 3 ac and increasing the max dex bonus by 3 is a bit much, but i lik ethe general idea