PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Remove Disease GM Question

Kazehito
2014-05-19, 10:59 AM
Hello, I was wondering if any fellow GM's might be able to help me out. I recently starting GMing a game after being away from it for over 10 years. We're playing Pathfinder now and I'm still trying to get all of the particulars down.

The question that I have is: When a player uses the Remove Disease spell, or pays for an NPC to cast it and it fails to get past the Diseases DC, do I have to tell the player it failed or just wait until the next day and have him make the fort save for that day. I wasn't sure if by casting it they had knowledge as to whether the spell actually worked and removed the disease or not.

We are supposed to be playing again tonight and I was just wondering how to handle this possible situation. Thank you in advance for any help.

Arael666
2014-05-19, 11:50 AM
Succeeding on a Saving Throw

A creature that successfully saves against a spell that has no obvious physical effects feels a hostile force or a tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack. Likewise, if a creature’s saving throw succeeds against a targeted spell you sense that the spell has failed. You do not sense when creatures succeed on saves against effect and area spells.

The SRD say's that you can sense if the spell has failed, so the caster would know the spell was successful. Also, remove disease doasn't work that way, it actualy removes all diseases, no check is required by the caster or target of the spell (unless of course you're talking about some special disease, in witch case my first statement answers this).

Kazehito
2014-05-19, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the help so far. This has given me something to think about as to what to use.

Arael666: The wording for Remove Disease in Pathfinder requires a caster level check in order to work, that's what I was asking about failing. The spell itself would get off, but it wouldn't necessarily cure the disease.

"Remove Disease can cure all disease from which the subject is suffering. You must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against the DC of each disease affecting the target. Success means that the disease is cured. The spell also kills some hazards and parasites, including green slime and others.

Since the spell's duration is instantaneous, it does not prevent reinfection after a new exposure to the same disease at a later date."