PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Inquisitor of Gorum- Advice?

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2014-05-19, 06:51 PM
Hey there fellow roleplayers!
So in two days we continue our party after the last session ended in a whipe. Pretty much got tripped to death by a bunch of dogs while the big evil guy decided to roll like a god and crunch us.
We will continue the campaign, which is in an urban setting, as: TEAM DIVINE!!!
2 Clerics, one Paladin and me as the Inquisitor.
The stats that I have rolled: 16, 10, 14, 14 ,14, 14
So yeah... meh, could be worse, could be better.
I was planning to build a STR Inquisitor, most likely going half orc and worshipping gorum, so i'd pick up the greatsword, give him the +2 to str and see how it ends up.
Any Ideas? Tips? Anything?
I normally play spellcasters or hybrids like the druid, so I dont really know what to build the inquisitor like.
Thanks!
Oh we are using: Core rulebook, advanced core rulebook, ultimate combat, ultimate magic, advanced race guide and the advanced players guide.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-05-20, 12:18 AM
I'd advise taking the Tactics (War) domain since you're worshiping Gorum. Both domain powers are amazing.

Inquisitor is basically like a cleric but with more skills and horrible gimped casting; it plays about the same. Use a 2H weapon, power attack, wear armor, learn to love buffing spells....you know the drill. Inquisitor does add judgement and bane, which will eat up a fair bit of your swift actions. And the Solo Tactics has its uses. Best teamwork feats for it (or in general, really) are Lookout, Tandem Trip, Stealth Synergy, and (the best, but highest level requirements) Coordinated Charge. Plus some others that are less interesting/powerful but decent, like outflank.
For ranged...there's target of opportunity (which is awesome if you're not the only archer PC, useless otherwise) and...Enfilading Fire, I think it's called? Which is just a crappy attack bonus. That's it for ranged teamwork feats. Inquisitor, between that and lack of any early entry tricks nor bonus feats to spend on the archery tree, is actually pretty bad at archery.

ghanjrho
2014-05-20, 06:25 AM
Additionally, look at the Rage Subdomain/Anger Inquistion. Rage is a wondrous thing for a melee-er.

For Judgements; Justice first (to-hit), then add in Destruction and Protection as you get more at once. It doesn't matter especially which one you pick for Slayer at L17, due to how late it hits. Stay away from the Instant Judgement feat; unless you're constantly being surprised there is little benefit to activating your Judgements as an immediate.

For Teamwork feats, see above and add Precise Strike. if you have a melee buddy this gives you an extra d6 precision. Pretty good early on.

For spells, pay attention to the Litany line. Yes, it's more competition for your swift, but they'll be quite the force multiplier, especially Righteousness (yes, I'll take double damage to the evil guy for the round. No save and my friends get the same bonus? Awesomesauce).