PDA

View Full Version : Item pricing help.

Bellberith
2014-05-19, 08:51 PM
Can anyone please tell me what the price of "Ring of Arms of Plenty" would be? basically Arms of plenty on the ring 5/day.

I keep getting 39,000 gp. But that does not sound right to me because ring of invisibility is only 20,000 and at-will.

Gildedragon
2014-05-19, 09:05 PM
A run through the pricing guidelines puts me at: 120,000gp

3(spell level)*5(CL)*2000*4(duration measured in rounds)

we get cheaper if we go for command word. You use a standard action to get the arms for five rounds. And the cost drops sharply to 27kgp

Cloud
2014-05-19, 09:05 PM
Invisibility is a 2nd level spell, Arms of plenty is a 3rd level spell, so...of course they'll be priced differently?

Using the (incredibly loose and vague GUIDELINES) in the DMG (which MIC all but tell you to ignore), a Ring of Invisibility should be 2 (spell level) * 3 (caster level) * 2000, or only 12,000 gold. Interestingly enough the MIC uses this ring as an example as to why the guidelines in the DMG are bad, because Invisibility is a lot more useful when it's at will.

For Arms of Plenty, the guidelines say (interesting enough the same price for at will activation vs. 5/day) 3 (spell level) * 5 (caster level) * 2000, or 30,000 gold.

Of course to be frank I'd throw the guidelines out the window, look at all the rings in the DMG, MIC, and books after the MIC, and determine what a fair price would be next to all of them is.