PDA

View Full Version : Getting Thog to help defend AC (spoilers)

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-14, 11:58 PM
Ok, Nale is basically not that bright or that good a fighter, Sabine can't be trusted, but Thog is a melee powerhouse and stupid enough even for Elan to manipulate with ease.

So I was thinking of getting Thog to help defend AC. It wouldn't be that hard. Just arrange for him to hear an evil army is coming to AC to kill all the puppies in the city. Ooooooh, would that get Thog ready to ruuuumble.

I can see him smashing at the cell door, roaring "Let Thog out! Thog kill anyone trying to hurt puppies!"

So just before Xykon's legion shows, they let thog out, give him the biggest axe in the city and poin thim towards the incoming army.

Thog charges off shotuing "Not worry, puppies! Thog protect you!"

Roy could look at him running off and say "If anyone ever told me sending an evil mass murdered off to certain death would make me feel crushed by guilt, I'd have told him he needed to soak his brain in acid."

Paperfury
2007-02-15, 12:16 AM
He could be like... a puppy avenger!

rymack
2007-02-15, 12:18 AM
If were going to do that, why not strap a parachute to miko and put her in a catapult? Let her go down fighting instead of causing trouble in the dungeon.

Akaziel
2007-02-15, 08:04 AM
Well, you could offer him ice cream with sprinkles...

Norenche
2007-02-15, 08:56 AM
Say to Thog that Xykon punched a clown while killing puppies and there you have a raged Thog.

factotum
2007-02-15, 08:58 AM
Why do you say Nale is not that bright? All his plans so far have been quite clever, and in most cases they only failed due to either underestimating OotS (especially Elan) or due to sheer blind luck on the good guys' part.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-15, 02:00 PM
Thog could help. I suspect they'll let Belkar out too.

Skyserpent
2007-02-15, 02:03 PM
considering the loss of all those nobles troops, this would probably be a good idea...

Vonriel
2007-02-15, 02:03 PM
Of course they'll let Belkar out! He's one of the "good" guys!

As for Thog, tell him that he can have a pair of rocket powered rollerskates, all the ice cream he wants, and a litter of little puppies if he goes and kills the squishies that are about to attack the city. 'Nuff said.

Josh Inno
2007-02-15, 02:09 PM
Smpler. Tell Thog that if the bad guys get into the city, Nale and Not Nale not live!

Sisqui
2007-02-15, 08:34 PM
Send Belkar and Thog out together for a murderous whirlwind adventure. They'll have a killer time. :smallbiggrin:

Grady
2007-02-16, 03:21 AM
:elan: - You see all those hobgoblins over there? They're guarding 10 tons worth of ice cream and a thousand puppies. And they're threatening to eat the ice cream.. And the puppies.

The Hammer of Thor
2007-02-16, 03:46 PM
Hell yeah! Love the idea. But I don't think it'll work.
I'd forgotten Thog was in the cells.
I got an idea. It'll be Thog free from jail, acting as a wild card in the battle (like Miko will be), killing both sides, then he'll find Nale and Not-Nale fighting and be forced to make his choice.
And he'll probably make the wrong choice due to them now looking the same.

Demented
2007-02-16, 06:47 PM
Hope Thog has great cleave. He'd probably do plenty of damage until he runs into a hobgoblin cleric.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-17, 05:04 AM
Well, the idea here is that the OotS and the good guy paladins would basically be manipulating an idiot's love of puppies to send him off to certain death. I could see roy actually feleing guilty over this, maybe even shedding a tear as thog charges off, willing to lay down his life to defend innocent puppies.

Maybe even the LG paladins would have to check for an alignment violation on that one. I mean, thog is basically an idiot and you're exploiting his stupidity and love of puppies to get him killed helping protect your asses.

I suppose they could give him the biggest ax in the city, and maybe put some enchantments on it, and maybe even toss in a magical resistancde amulet to give him some protection against magic, but still you're tricking him into going off and getting killed, kinda low there. I mean, roy whined about hojo manipulating him into being his bodyguard, how much lower is doing this to thog?

Pvednes
2007-02-17, 07:02 AM
Nooo...I don't think there's any particular LG problems in sending "dirty dozen" Thog to do Azure City's wetwork.

monsterinshadow
2007-02-17, 11:18 AM
tell him that if he defeats Xykon's army, he may still see the majesty of the gumdrop mountains... :thog: :thog: :thog: :thog:

Vonriel
2007-02-18, 06:04 PM
Ok, so you do something like shrink down a cleric and set him on Thog's shoulders or in a backpack he's wearing. Then, when Thog gets hurt, bam, insta-heal. Give him a few wands or scrolls, and some potions, and you're set!

Rai Thunder
2007-02-18, 06:31 PM
Hope Thog has great cleave. He'd probably do plenty of damage until he runs into a hobgoblin cleric.

*snigger* Thog has boobies.

Seriously, I agree that he could be tricked into fighting off the invasion. He's not the smartest tool in the shed.

Korias
2007-02-18, 06:53 PM
He can and should be enlisted into the fight. Infact, grab a puppy and launch it into the enemy territory. That will give thog a reason to fight.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-18, 07:36 PM
He can and should be enlisted into the fight. Infact, grab a puppy and launch it into the enemy territory. That will give thog a reason to fight.

Well, I think we know who's chaotic evil around here now.

EvilElitest
2007-02-19, 12:12 AM
I would make sense, just would Hinjo allow it?
From,
EE