PDA

View Full Version : Partial Warforged Help

jlousivy
2007-02-15, 05:15 AM
How would you suggest making a human with a warforged arm and leg?
what bonuses? what penalties?
LA?
Also how would healing work? im thinking 75% potency and repair spells having the same since he is mostly human.

Basicly... the character's arm and leg got amputated/cut off/disintegrated/whatever and is going to get a metal arm and leg

Khantalas
2007-02-15, 05:19 AM
Half-Golem from MM II does what you want, but it is not meant for PCs, so, no LA.

Malek
2007-02-15, 07:16 AM
There is a PrC that basicly does this... in Magic of Eberron IIRC. (forgot the name)

Khantalas
2007-02-15, 09:00 AM
That's Renegade Mastermaker, although it has quite a different approach to the situation at hand. It says "Hey, since now you've got a warforged arm, why not go all the way?".

jjpickar
2007-02-15, 01:46 PM
Just make some warforged grafts. They might be expensive but they'll get the job done.

Warforged Arm: Gives a +2 Strength bonus to attacks and damage rolls made with that arm. Can be used as a buckler if not being used for anything else. Permanent armor check penalty of -1.

jlousivy
2007-02-15, 02:17 PM
that's exactly what i was looking for jjpickar. however, say i wield a greatsword, do i apply 3 bonus damage from str? or just 2?

jjpickar
2007-02-15, 05:17 PM
I would rule +3 would apply because you are adding your additional strength.

I'm still not sure what to make the leg graft do; maybe stability would work. I just can't see what benefit a heavy steel leg gives you.:smallconfused:

jlousivy
2007-02-16, 12:41 AM
would like.... a +1 ac -1 armour check or +5 move speed -1 armour check be good?

Draz74
2007-02-16, 01:16 AM
I'm still not sure what to make the leg graft do; maybe stability would work. I just can't see what benefit a heavy steel leg gives you.:smallconfused:

Again, it could be a +2 strength bonus to anything done with that leg. (Jumping, or Monk Unarmed Strikes)

... but that shouldn't be all.

Mr Pants
2007-02-16, 04:57 PM
i think leg grafts could be a bonus to jump checks, base land speed and unarmed strikes that would deal lethal damage like a gauntlet.

Icewalker
2007-02-17, 03:51 AM
I don't think a move speed bonus is a good idea, they do move at a normal speed, and having one warforged leg could cause balance problems. Unarmed strike bonuses is a good idea, and a +1 AC each. They would also have the ability to add some of those special warforged items, and maybe take certain prestige classes. As to the strength bonus, if you read the warforged racial traits, they have no strength bonus. just constitution. So having a warforged arm wouldn't give any strength bonus, but it might give a little con bonus...

For one warforged arm and one leg, I suggest a +1 to constitution, a -1 to dex (because of the mismatched weight and differences in muscle control type stuff) +1 or 2 to AC, and the ability to add those warforged items.