PDA

View Full Version : Spell Sellection?

marjan
2007-02-15, 07:55 AM
I was creating Favoured Soul and I don't know which spells to pick up (too many choices). I need suggestions for spells 'till lvl20, but I would like to avoid spells that allow save since I'll have wis 10. Character is CG and in Eberron Campaign Setting. Most of the books are allowed and if the spells you suggest aren't in PHB it would be nice to write where it comes from. Any other suggestoins about character are wellcome (except play cleric suggestions and similar).

hewhosaysfish
2007-02-15, 08:29 AM
I was creating Favoured Soul and I don't know which spells to pick up (too many choices). I need suggestions for spells 'till lvl20, but I would like to avoid spells that allow save since I'll have wis 10. Character is CG and in Eberron Campaign Setting. Most of the books are allowed and if the spells you suggest aren't in PHB it would be nice to write where it comes from. Any other suggestoins about character are wellcome (except play cleric suggestions and similar).

Wis 10?
Don't you need wis = 10+x to cast xth level spells?

marjan
2007-02-15, 08:43 AM
Wis 10?
Don't you need wis = 10+x to cast xth level spells?

Favoured souls are cha-based casters but the DC of spells is determined by their wis. So you need cha = 10+x to cast xyh level spells.

Maclav
2007-02-15, 09:22 AM
Go with buffs, cures and healing. You can't really go wrong with that stuff and there aren't any saves associated with them.

Josh Inno
2007-02-15, 01:12 PM
Agreed. Cures/Healing rock when it comes to the 'souls. You might also try some utility spells such as create water / purify food and water, and some detect spells.

Aximili
2007-02-15, 01:30 PM
well, simply by avoiding spells that allow a save you're already cutting down on your options.
If you are the healer of the group, go with one cure/heal spell per spell level.
Besides that, choose utility, buffs, and emergency spells. (I particularly prefer emegency to buffs (better sorry than safe=P)).
Those spells that can be very important, but you might never use, you should carry on scrolls: Break enchantment, remove curse, remove paralisis, etc.

If you are good, read the sacred spells from Exalted Deeds. All of them.

marjan
2007-02-15, 02:37 PM
Thnx for suggestions, but I'm not sure pur DM is going to allow BoED. I forgot to mention that.