PDA

View Full Version : Hey, one of you's colors don't match!!

elliott20
2007-02-15, 10:39 AM
I find it odd that Kubota wears purple, especially in a city that apparently doesn't sell clothes of any other color.

Probably nothing really, just thought I'd make an observation.

Oh yeah, ninjas look funny in purple.

ibitak84
2007-02-15, 10:46 AM
I actually have trouble determining all the Ninja's allegiances.
I mean, they are obviously color-coded, that's the joke.
But what about the one at the bottom left?

Purple Ninja - Kubota
Dark Blueish Ninja - Old Female Noble
Light grey Ninja - General Chang
Dark grey Ninja (bottom Left) - ???
His sash matches the white-haired Jedi-like noble, is that him?

Bluelantern
2007-02-15, 10:54 AM
There is a noble with a eyepatch (a Pirate/Ninja Multiclass?) too...

elliott20
2007-02-15, 10:56 AM
general chang also shares his colors with one of the other generals with an eyepatch from the previous comic, so it could be either of them. I'm also not sure about the dark grey ninja either...

edit: danng, got ninja'd with the eye patch

Nazzo, the 102nd
2007-02-15, 11:03 AM
Light grey Ninja - General Chang

I don't think General Chang sent one of the ninjas. Those are nobles from Azure City, all wanting the power of the city's throne (not the Sapphire Guard throne, which is an unrelated job).

I think General Chang is loyal to Lord Hinjo.

elliott20
2007-02-15, 11:11 AM
is general chang a sapphire guard though? his uniform certainly doesn't match the rest of the sapphire guard's colors.

ibitak84
2007-02-15, 11:12 AM
Revised Noble-Ninja Matchings:

Kubota (Mustache Lad) - Purple Ninja
Old Lady Noble - Dark Blue Ninja (his sash matches her hair, too)
Eyepatch Noble - Light Grey Ninja (sash matches sash)
Jedi Noble - Dark Grey Ninja (matches coat, sash matches kimono)

fwiffo
2007-02-15, 11:15 AM
:elan: Ninjas: color coded for YOUR convenience!

Zephra
2007-02-15, 01:55 PM
maybe purple because he opposes hinjo ( how dare he! )

Josh Inno
2007-02-15, 02:06 PM
Well obviously SOME non-blue clothing is sold. Like white clothing.

There's also the fact that no one raised an eyebrow at an exotically disguised Sabine wearing non-blue.

Dectilon
2007-02-15, 02:11 PM
Stupid ninjas ~~ If they'd stop dressing up that way they would succeed with a lot more missions. Just look friendly, walk up to the victim and stab him in the spleen : P

moleytov
2007-02-15, 02:15 PM
and then harvest their kidneys, oh wait...

Nazzo, the 102nd
2007-02-15, 02:18 PM
is general chang a sapphire guard though? his uniform certainly doesn't match the rest of the sapphire guard's colors.

My point is that General Chang is not a noble. He does not want to ascend to the power, like Kubota, Granma and Obi-wan. The eye-patched is wearing basically the same clothes of Chang, which possibily means that he is also from the Azure City "official" army. They all have that upside-down horseshoe on their helmets, like the greek letter omega. Those could be found on the watchtowers out of Azure City walls.

elliott20
2007-02-16, 02:59 PM
yeah, those crescents are actually part of the samurai helmet design. But I'm not sure what kind of significance it has in this particular worldl.

ibitak84
2007-02-17, 06:36 AM
Well, since there's no Samurai class there (compare Miko being a Monk/paladin/whatnot), they have to somehow show that they aren't just regular fighters. ;)

416365416c
2007-02-17, 06:56 AM
I find it odd that Kubota wears purple, especially in a city that apparently doesn't sell clothes of any other color.

Maybe it is to show off his wealth and power? If only blue clothing is sold in the city, then purple has to be imported from lands far far away at great cost.