PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Stripping out Tier 4 and 5 from 3.5/Pathfinder

Kaiu Keiichi
2014-05-20, 10:15 AM
I just found a bunch of my old Scarred Lands stuff, and I'm eager to start a new campaign. But I also played a recent PF game where playing my Wizard was tedious and dull.

I'm considering dropping the Tier 4 and 5 classes, and using Warlocks and reskinning them as "Wizards" and "Sorcerers".But what else should I be on the lookout for?

Urpriest
2014-05-20, 10:21 AM
I just found a bunch of my old Scarred Lands stuff, and I'm eager to start a new campaign. But I also played a recent PF game where playing my Wizard was tedious and dull.

I'm considering dropping the Tier 4 and 5 classes, and using Warlocks and reskinning them as "Wizards" and "Sorcerers".But what else should I be on the lookout for?

Warlocks are Tier 4. Do you mean dropping Tier 1 and 2?

Kaiu Keiichi
2014-05-20, 11:40 AM
Warlocks are Tier 4. Do you mean dropping Tier 1 and 2?

Yes, that's what I meant, derp ;)

Urpriest
2014-05-20, 11:47 AM
Yes, that's what I meant, derp ;)

Are you planning on keeping Tier 3 at least? Lots of viable casters there in 3.5, and a few in PF.

Chronos
2014-05-20, 02:18 PM
Note that tiers measure versatility, not power. One can make a Tier 3 or even Tier 4 ubercharger that can do enough damage to kill epic dragons in a single hit. If you're worried about your game being too powerful, things like that might still be a problem.

Lans
2014-05-22, 06:10 PM
Note that tiers measure versatility, not power. One can make a Tier 3 or even Tier 4 ubercharger that can do enough damage to kill epic dragons in a single hit. If you're worried about your game being too powerful, things like that might still be a problem.

Not quite true, it measures both.