PDA

View Full Version : Partial Actions

tricktroller
2014-05-20, 10:48 AM
Ok there is a feat in a third party source that allows you to take an extra partial action every round as long as your initiative is 30 or higher or you roll a natural 20 on your init check. Partial actions are now standard actions correct? So I could cast two spells a turn with this feat? Thanks for your help guys. Working on making an elven generalist who has crap for BAB but uses tricks to get extra attacks at the same bonus to hit anyways.

Andezzar
2014-05-20, 11:06 AM
No, there are no partial actions in 3.5. The 3rd party feat is obviously for 3.0. As such ask your DM if and how it works in a 3.5 game.

Rebel7284
2014-05-20, 11:07 AM
http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-divine--56/arcane-disciple--92/ -> pick up Divine Power -> full BAB.

But yes, partial actions are now standard actions. Which book is the feat in? Sounds pretty powerful. There is a cheap ring that allows you to roll initiative twice and take the best result.

tricktroller
2014-05-20, 11:08 AM
It is in a third party book, the AEG Feat book. It is called Quickening.

Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to Initiative checks. This
stacks with Improved Initiative and other initiative
enhancing bonuses. If you ever roll a natural 20 on your
Initiative check or get an Initiative total of 30 or higher,
you may take an additional partial action each round so
long as your Initiative total does not change (e.g. don't
delay, refocus, etc.)

The character I am working on writing up is a straight 10th level Elven Generalist, Domain Wizard. He has a +29 to his Initiative so he will always get the effect of Quickening.

Yawgmoth
2014-05-20, 11:18 AM
It is in a third party book, the AEG Feat book. It is called Quickening. That is so hilariously broken. There's a reason they changed 3.0 Haste to 3.5 Haste!

tricktroller
2014-05-20, 11:20 AM
haha exactly. I looked for more broken and there is another feat that allows anyone to take 1d4 points of damage to get an extra partial action.... 3 standard actions a round anyone? Take 8 levels in Factotum followed by 10 levels in Eternal blade and get 5 a round?