PDA

View Full Version : Special Invitation

Philemonite
2014-05-20, 02:25 PM
The bar might not have been Levi's first choice, but a personal invitation from an instructor was not something that can be ignored. And there is always the possibility that this bar will real Russian vodka, no mater how low the chance was. At first glance it was an ordinary bar, but upon closer examination the large percentage of students from the academy was interesting. The music was soft, and coupled with the dim lighting it it provided a relaxing atmosphere. As it said on the invitation, Alexandra was already in a both in the corner, waiting for Levi. Fainting surprise, one of her specialties, Alexandra quickly greeted the Russian.
"I did not expect to see you tonight. What brings you to this place Averin?"

Morbis Meh
2014-05-20, 03:15 PM
Levi muttered at the piece of paper slipped underneath his door, he didn't know whether to bless or curse at being left alone in his own apartment especially since he was responsible for doing all of the redecoration which wasn't easy since lifting that damnable chest. Taking a moment to relax, the big Russian reclined on his sofa while inspecting the note which was frankly vague in its intent and only gave an address along with the signature of Alexandra. Well I saw this coming... I suppose it is time to come to a collective agreement in regards to international information mining procedures.

I think the tart means to steal you away from me... I shall stab out her pretty little eyes with my nails.

And in the process blow my cover, annihilate the tenuous relationship between the Russian and Japanese Intelligence agency, and wreck one of my suits; it's not cheap looking this good you know?

That matters not to me, you are mine, I CLAIMED YOU and I will not have some strumpet eyeing you up. Remember I love you more than anyone will... I would kill for you.

Settle down and let me work, I am sure this is only a business meeting of sorts and if it resorts to a more physical situation you know it's only out of professional duty I go through with it.

Levi was only met with silence causing his brooding only to grow. He had a few hours before his rendezvous so he decided to look up the address and gleam any useful information he could before walking into whatever location he was being invited to. Once satisfied with various escape routes, what to avoid on the menu and stalking the Facebook page (you be surprised how stupid people were with Facebook and the sheer amount of information they put on it) the sweaty Russian went into his private levorotary and took a shower.

Cleaned up and presentable looking he strolled into the establishment and withheld a sneer at the number of other students around before making his way to the table.

Snorting in reply the Russian smirks <Russian>"You know, just taking a polite stroll through the neighborhood, thought I would become 'friendly' with the others students. Though this place is hardly accommodating for keg stands but I suppose if one doesn't have a proper source for liquor it will do. I see you're preying on the poor younger generation, looking to go home with an inebriated student? No, well that's good because from what I understand of Japanese law that is quite an offense, much like littering."</Russian> He casually tosses the invitation on the table before sitting down.

Philemonite
2014-05-20, 03:28 PM
"Russian? I expected you to be a bit more original and reach for one of those, what was it 17 other languages you know? But if that's the way you want to play I'll play along." Her accent could use some work, but the words were flawless.
"You know, that could be taken as an insult, I am only 18. Besides, this are immature brats, and that's not my first choice. Also, they have no stamina. I need someone who can keep up.:smallwink:"

Morbis Meh
2014-05-20, 03:46 PM
Levi rolls his eyes <Russian>"Your definition of original is off, nothing would be more original than speaking in my mother tongue... Besides who in their right mind learns to speak Russian? To anyone but a native it sounds like drunken grunting from a pig farmer so it makes an excellent language to speak in when you want a conversation private in public"</Russian> His face wrinkles into what one may assume as a mock attempt at being suave <Spanish>"If you were wishing for me to serenade you in Español I am afraid you are asking the wrong person for all this would accomplish is scarring small children and the elderly."</Spanish> The sad fact was that it wasn't a joke, the pronunciation and diction were correct but the accent made it sound nightmarish like German love poetry.

Not bothering to get up and place an order, Levi promptly pulls out a flask and takes a long pull before offering it to his 'host' <Russian>"You could take it as an insult but I doubt you would, you want stamina go buy a robot though I will concede the general population should be slapped upside the head. Now enough of pleasantries get to the point, unless you were really too shy to ask for an actual date, if that is the case I refuse to pick up the tab."</Russian>

Philemonite
2014-05-20, 04:03 PM
Levi rolls his eyes <Russian>"Your definition of original is off, nothing would be more original than speaking in my mother tongue... Besides who in their right mind learns to speak Russian? To anyone but a native it sounds like drunken grunting from a pig farmer so it makes an excellent language to speak in when you want a conversation private in public"</Russian> His face wrinkles into what one may assume as a mock attempt at being suave <Spanish>"If you were wishing for me to serenade you in Español I am afraid you are asking the wrong person for all this would accomplish is scarring small children and the elderly."</Spanish> The sad fact was that it wasn't a joke, the pronunciation and diction were correct but the accent made it sound nightmarish like German love poetry.

"Well, I could give you the whole "it's a beautiful language", but since you are not a complete idiot I'll give it a pass. I learned it for it's practical uses. Your military is surprisingly uncooperative if you don't speak their language. And I don't do serenades, that's just tacky."

Not bothering to get up and place an order, Levi promptly pulls out a flask and takes a long pull before offering it to his 'host' <Russian>"You could take it as an insult but I doubt you would, you want stamina go buy a robot though I will concede the general population should be slapped upside the head. Now enough of pleasantries get to the point, unless you were really too shy to ask for an actual date, if that is the case I refuse to pick up the tab."</Russian>

"I'll pass on the drink, and the robot. Half the fun is finding what buttons to press, I don't want something that comes with an instruction. Besides, I would never buy one when I can build it."
She takes a sip of her drink, prolonging the pause, just to mess with him a little.
"I have an opened tab here, one of the perks of being a part owner, so the drinks and maybe a dinner are on me. Besides, I only play shy when I want to deceive people. And this is not that kind of conversation."

Morbis Meh
2014-05-20, 05:25 PM
"Well, I could give you the whole "it's a beautiful language", but since you are not a complete idiot I'll give it a pass. I learned it for it's practical uses. Your military is surprisingly uncooperative if you don't speak their language. And I don't do serenades, that's just tacky."
"Agreed, I never saw the appeal of having standing too close to you while singing poorly written songs off key. As for my military, tell me about it: Do you know how bloody long it takes to get a new tooth brush? A month and five separate forms. They are quite paranoid at the best of times and plain sadists at the worst.

"I'll pass on the drink, and the robot. Half the fun is finding what buttons to press, I don't want something that comes with an instruction. Besides, I would never buy one when I can build it."
She takes a sip of her drink, prolonging the pause, just to mess with him a little.
"I have an opened tab here, one of the perks of being a part owner, so the drinks and maybe a dinner are on me. Besides, I only play shy when I want to deceive people. And this is not that kind of conversation."
Levi keeps drinking from his flask "Pfft, you've never had to work with a Russian robot, we throw out the instructions because it makes it easier. Your loss, good Russian vodka, puts hair on your chest." He grins "I would have loved to see the hoops you had to go through to get legal documentation for ownership of this place, local drinking laws are 21 I doubt they would allow an 18 year old to buy the property let alone turn it into a bar. I will pass on the meal, the menu didn't look overly satisfying and you should talk to the manager since the Facebook page looks like it was made by a three year old. So now, what type of conversation is this? I am doubtful you're objective here is wasting my time so get on with the purpose of this meet up."

Philemonite
2014-05-20, 05:48 PM
"Agreed, I never saw the appeal of having standing too close to you while singing poorly written songs off key. As for my military, tell me about it: Do you know how bloody long it takes to get a new tooth brush? A month and five separate forms. They are quite paranoid at the best of times and plain sadists at the worst.

"True, but if you know what buttons to press, you can really do some damage. Not that I would do something like that."

Levi keeps drinking from his flask "Pfft, you've never had to work with a Russian robot, we throw out the instructions because it makes it easier. Your loss, good Russian vodka, puts hair on your chest." He grins "I would have loved to see the hoops you had to go through to get legal documentation for ownership of this place, local drinking laws are 21 I doubt they would allow an 18 year old to buy the property let alone turn it into a bar. I will pass on the meal, the menu didn't look overly satisfying and you should talk to the manager since the Facebook page looks like it was made by a three year old. So now, what type of conversation is this? I am doubtful you're objective here is wasting my time so get on with the purpose of this meet up."

"Like I said, I don't buy electronics, I make it.
Why would you think there's anything legal about it?:smallwink: Joke aside, it officially belongs to my mother, until Alexander and I turn 21. But that's only on paper, I run this place. If you have some constructive criticism, I would be happy to pass it along to the manager."
She makes another pause, as if she was trying to test his response.
"This is about your position in our little group. And the reason why you are here."

Morbis Meh
2014-05-20, 06:25 PM
"True, but if you know what buttons to press, you can really do some damage. Not that I would do something like that."
Levi chuckles "Indeed one could, it's not hard to mess with a bureaucracy but the consequences are a little too far reaching for my tastes. Debilitating the army would cause a massive knee jerk reaction from the state and would set a domino effect that would destabilize all of Europe. It would be mildly entertaining for the first ten minutes then a pain in the ass for the next five years."

"Like I said, I don't buy electronics, I make it.
Why would you think there's anything legal about it?:smallwink: Joke aside, it officially belongs to my mother, until Alexander and I turn 21. But that's only on paper, I run this place. If you have some constructive criticism, I would be happy to pass it along to the manager."
She makes another pause, as if she was trying to test his response.
"This is about your position in our little group. And the reason why you are here."

"So you're my go to girl to build my giant death laser, my mountain fortress just isn't complete without it you know and papa wouldn't get me one for my birthday so I have had to try to outsource to no avail. Indeed I can draft up a formal report by tomorrow, though I will charge a consultation fee for work rendered, proper business is proper business after all." Levi raises an eyebrow at the final statement "Giving me a promotion so soon? I am flattered, I am sure everyone will be absolutely thrilled at the good news. As for the reason why I am here, you and I both know that, in fact that was part of the deal: a copy of my personal military records in exchange for me being here. Now quit dancing around the subject, if you want to play a game do it on your own time, I have an apartment to unpack; invitations to house warming party will shortly follow."

Philemonite
2014-05-31, 04:19 PM
Levi chuckles "Indeed one could, it's not hard to mess with a bureaucracy but the consequences are a little too far reaching for my tastes. Debilitating the army would cause a massive knee jerk reaction from the state and would set a domino effect that would destabilize all of Europe. It would be mildly entertaining for the first ten minutes then a pain in the ass for the next five years."

"Exactly. Plus, whatever happened, we would end up cleaning the mess, and that is not fun."

"So you're my go to girl to build my giant death laser, my mountain fortress just isn't complete without it you know and papa wouldn't get me one for my birthday so I have had to try to outsource to no avail."

"Does it have to be giant? I would prefer hand-held, it is much more practical, but if it's a Freudian thing I would be happy to accommodate.
Well, that's why you play your parents against each other."
She pauses before continuing, as if she made a mistake.
"I apologize, that was thoughtless of me."

Levi raises an eyebrow at the final statement "Giving me a promotion so soon? I am flattered, I am sure everyone will be absolutely thrilled at the good news. As for the reason why I am here, you and I both know that, in fact that was part of the deal: a copy of my personal military records in exchange for me being here. Now quit dancing around the subject, if you want to play a game do it on your own time, I have an apartment to unpack; invitations to house warming party will shortly follow."

"Oh please, if you believed that story, than I have severely underestimated your intelligence, so I will act as that was a joke. We both know you were personally requested, the only thing you might not know is where the request came from.
There is no game, just two friends chatting. Besides, you did accept the invitation, so I presume you want to hear what I have to offer?"

Morbis Meh
2014-06-02, 09:57 AM
"Exactly. Plus, whatever happened, we would end up cleaning the mess, and that is not fun."

The Russian smirks "Agreed, it's one thing to incite chaos but then having to organize stupid people to fix it... That's my definition of Nightmare.

"Does it have to be giant? I would prefer hand-held, it is much more practical, but if it's a Freudian thing I would be happy to accommodate.
Well, that's why you play your parents against each other."
She pauses before continuing, as if she made a mistake.
"I apologize, that was thoughtless of me."

"I would hope for two actually, a hand held one to surprise unwelcome guests but then again big one just needs to be for show to incite panic. Sadly it is Freudian, since most world leaders are men they only afraid of phallic weapons larger than their own, I agree with the size reduction but I am just following cliché villain protocol.... It's alright, she's been dead for awhile. I almost forget her voice now.

"Oh please, if you believed that story, than I have severely underestimated your intelligence, so I will act as that was a joke. We both know you were personally requested, the only thing you might not know is where the request came from.
There is no game, just two friends chatting. Besides, you did accept the invitation, so I presume you want to hear what I have to offer?"

For the first time Levi doesn't have a smug grin on his face, this time it is rather solemn and introspective "Friend? That would be a first." He takes a drink from his flask and looks around with a near sad expression "You know very well in our line of work it's a rare and often ill fated event for one to have a friend. I will admit it is a nice change of pace not having to play someone; frank conversation can be oddly refreshing. You seem to have a habit of asking questions you know answer to. As I have been saying past five minutes, please present your offer."