PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Various Questions of a New Player (3.5e)

ChaosArchon
2014-05-20, 08:26 PM
Alright so I'm into 2 games right now and I'd say I'm doing fairly well but there are still a few things I have questions on which I was wondering if I could get answered.

1) How do you calculate your touch attack (melee and ranged), I'm using myth weavers for my sheets but I don't know whether the touch stat is my AC when someone makes a touch attack on me or if it is what I use when I make a touch attack

2) what the heck is gestalt? I tried to figure it out but it kinda went over my head

3) what is the disadvantage of multi-classing other than the obvious you don't progress in your 1st class for that level? is xp split between the two or more classes making it take longer to level up?

4) this is less of a question and more of just making sure I have this right but from what I can tell LA means that it takes you say the xp required to level up to lv 2 when you're lv1 as it would as if your character was say lv3 trying to get to 4?

sorry if these all seem really simple/dumb questions I don't have any of the handbooks so I'm running purely on the SRD/answers from my party

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-20, 08:41 PM
1) Same as normal attack, just against Touch AC

2)Gestalt is a variant that lets you grab two classes per level, taking the best of both. Described here. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm)

3)Nope. Just not progressing in other classes. Some classes have multiclass restrictions, like paladins or monks. And if you have too much of a level gap there is an XP penalty that most don't even play with.

4)LA adjusts your Character Level, if you have +1 LA and one class level, you'd need to reach the level three xp amount to gain a second class level.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-20, 09:22 PM
1a, so for touch attacks do you just factor in for BAB + 1d20 ?

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-20, 09:25 PM
Total Attack Bonus so, 1d20+BAB+STR+Modifiers for Melee Touch, 1d20+BAB+DEX+Modifiers for Ranged Touch. Mythweavers shows them on their sheet.

ChaosArchon
2014-05-20, 09:33 PM
Thanks for helping me out :smallsmile:

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-20, 09:35 PM
No problem, it's what I (try to) do.