PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Starting a session in an hour, need some encounters!

Bugworlds
2014-05-20, 08:47 PM
I'll be running a session in an hour or so and like to have some of the encounters replanned so I know what to expect. This session will be the first of a castle defence style campaign, or at least part of a campaign. The players will be defending and building up a shack for a while. An encounter will occur anywhere from a couple of days apart from each other, to tenish. I have events between them planned as well, so all and all I'm hoping it will be a good time.

Anyways, I'd love some suggestions for encounters. CR 1 and 2 mostly. Some 3's. A variety of single opponent and multi opponent encounters. I've got plenty of books available so don't be afraid to make some obscure references and I'll take a glance at them.

So, what do you all suggest?

edit: also some friendly and neutral encounters/events while I'm at it.

Brookshw
2014-05-20, 09:16 PM
Not much to build off of but;
Soldier stealing supplies
A spy
Refugee
Tunnelers
Moral problems / drunken brawl
Chasing off scouts
Pigeon/message/sending diplomacy for reinforcements
Poisoned supplies
Enemy lumber jacks chopping up trees to make siege weapons

Have a terrain and enemy in mind? Some info on the setting would help.

Bugworlds
2014-05-20, 09:19 PM
Not much to build off of but;
Soldier stealing supplies
A spy
Refugee
Tunnelers
Moral problems / drunken brawl
Chasing off scouts
Pigeon/message/sending diplomacy for reinforcements
Poisoned supplies
Enemy lumber jacks chopping up trees to make siege weapons

Have a terrain and enemy in mind? Some info on the setting would help.

I guess some more details would be good :P middle of plains surrounded by woods. The woods are enchanted so that the monsters are much too strong to punch through (initially, at least) so the players are stuck at a shack (castle defence sounds a bit grand now that I mention it's a shack). The shack will be built up, reinforced, ect.

Must say, tunnellers would be great to appear for it'll be a surprise. The pigeon would be great as well. Due to the magical effects of the area it'd be easy for mundane pigeons caring all sorts of interesting things which weren't meant to be delivered there.