View Full Version : Decking out this character in a mutant campaign

Regissoma
2014-05-20, 10:11 PM
So I am currently playing in a 3.5 homebrew Mutant campaign where everyone has their own powers model after video game characters, super heros, and super villians. We have just leveled twice and are at level 10 now and our next session is coming up. We are heading to a big town and looks like we will have some down time and I need to begin gearing my character and came to the playground for some advice on some magic items and/or input on my current build. All sources are open but everything is upon DM approval.

Str 24, Dex 20, Con 20, Int 24, Wis 22, Cha 18
Human, 2 Flaws

Martial Rogue 1/ Pouncing Barbarian 1/ Duskblade 5/Warblade 1
Has 2 levels to put in will most likely advance duskblade or go into bloodstorm blade

Superpowers: Based off Link
Has the ability to pull gear(Obtained at different levels) out of nowhere and obtain feats for free at certain levels
1 Greatsword - has Fiery Burst when at full HP
1 Comp Long Bow + 4 and the ability to craft and use special arrows a few times per day
1 Heavy Shield- AC goes up as character levels, has the ability to reflect a ranged attack a few times per day
1 Boomerang- has the ability to knockback something 15 ft and bring an object weighing less than 50 pounds back to the thrower( must state intent to do so)
Bombs - Once I hit level 15 I can craft 40 bombs per day, use 6 at most at any time, 2 d12 damage, 10ft AoE, requires an attack roll but can be combined with other attacks
Ocarina of Time 1/Day at level 21 - Undo up to a minute of events
Level 30- Able to use one mutant power from an ally or transfer HP from one ally to self or another ally. Able to trade places with an ally as a free action once per round.

Current Feats:
Able Learner, Educated, Knowledge Devotion, Boomerang Daze, Practiced Spellcaster, PBS(Mutant), Precise Shot(Mutant), Far Shot(Mutant), WF (Greatsword), Power Attack(Mutant), Cleave(Mutant), Great Cleave(Mutant)
Has 3 feats left to chose once I level

Martial Rogue 1/Pouncing Barb 1/ Duskblade 13/ Warblade 1/ Bloodstorm Blade 4/ Chamelon 10
Levels will be shuffled around accordingly, but that is my current planned build
Feats that are in consideration:
Craft Runestaff, Forge Ring, Extra Ring
Feats that will be gained from mutant powers:
Dodge, Mobility, Whirlwind Attack, Combat Expertise, Spring Attack, Monkey Grip, Imp Crit(Greatsword), Greater Weapon Quickness, Slashing Furry,
Deadeye Shot, Grenadier, Improved Precise Shot, Improved Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Ranged Disarm, Ranged Pin, Ranged Sunder, Ranged Threat, Sharp-Shooting, Shot on the Run, and Woodland Archer

The current build must stay, but anything later on can be changed. This character wasn't made to be optimized but for flavor and to be the party utility caster. Money is hardly an issue as we have a few ten thousand platnium at the moment.

Edit: At some point in time we will be fighting the devils in the Nine Circles of Hell