PDA

View Full Version : Wight Creation

Netbattler11
2014-05-20, 11:19 PM
I've noticed in a few threads that it seems to be assumed that creatures killed by accruing negative levels from any source will automatically rise as wights. I cannot find documentation to support this. What do you guys know that I don't?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-05-20, 11:24 PM
The last line under the Energy Drain And Negative Levels (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#energyDrainAndNegativeLevels) special attack, also found in the DMG on page 293:

"A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain. Depending on the creature that killed her, she may rise the next night as a monster of that kind. If not, she rises as a wight."

Netbattler11
2014-05-20, 11:45 PM
Much appreciated.

ArqArturo
2014-05-20, 11:51 PM
I've noticed the lack of fear of Wights, or their inclusion of them in games. They're smart, can create new wights, and worst of all, they hold grudges.

Seriously, screw vampires, wights don't have that weakness. They can, and should, create an army of hate-filled wights.

Arbane
2014-05-21, 01:48 AM
I've noticed the lack of fear of Wights, or their inclusion of them in games. They're smart, can create new wights, and worst of all, they hold grudges.

Seriously, screw vampires, wights don't have that weakness. They can, and should, create an army of hate-filled wights.

An awful lot of thought has gone into explaining WHY all D&D worlds haven't had their Wightocalpyse yet.

Angelalex242
2014-05-21, 02:05 AM
I imagine it has something to do with 'if it got bad enough, the clerics and wizards would start chain gating Solars.'

AnonymousPepper
2014-05-21, 02:14 AM
I imagine it has something to do with 'if it got bad enough, the clerics and wizards would start chain gating Solars.'

Couldn't that answer apply to just about everything with the exception of the Heavily Plot-ArmoredTM Elder Evils?

Angelalex242
2014-05-21, 02:41 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.