PDA

View Full Version : Nightshade's coming out party(Heropolis)

Raunchel
2014-05-21, 04:18 AM
Nightshade, sometimes named Hannah Moritz has been off the radar for three weeks now. She is better dressed than she used to be, somehow she found clothes that actually are in her size. In her hand she holds seven shiny black berries, more than enough to kill someone. They will be important, she needs them. When Heropolis and Deville burn it should be clear that she did it. She smiles, her plan is flawless, and no one will be able to stop it. It is simple and complex at the same time. Her enemies underestimate her, thinking that all she can do is kill or mutilate some people. She will show them, oh yes she will show them all. When all this is over the mere mention of her name will cause them to break into tears. The terror will be wonderful. She sits in near perfect darkness, what she is doing requires focus. Her eyes are closed as she looks through others.

There are no more secrets, even though those little heroes belief that they can oppose her, they will know soon enough. Everyone is in place, her minions wear their new masks, and have been given flowers and berries to leave behind. The truth must be known, secrets gnaw at the world. Ignorance hurts, and there can be none of it in this regard. She must be feared.

She has developed her powers and reaches out from the back of the truck that she sits in, giving the signal to her allies. She thinks to Zane Darkstar: “Burn the sky, let there be only screams.” and follows it by the general order to the weak-minded that have bowed to her: ”Let death reign.”

Moments later explosions rock both Heropolis and Deville. The tunnels leading from Deville come crashing down, craters are torn in the runway of the airport and in the highways leading from Heropolis. The bombs at one of them fail to detonate, she feels the surprise of the woman she appointed to oversee that one. She failed Nightshade, and failure cannot be tolerated. Unfortunately she is too far away to be controlled, that is too bad. Her punishment will come later.

Aric Kale
2014-05-22, 12:17 AM
Setting Plants on Fire

Oh, by plants, that is in reference to industrial thingamajigs.
Zane Darkstar, the villain who, for the most part, has stayed out of the limelight, is finally about to strike. His first appearance was in aid to a hero, though he quickly grew tired of that life, as evident when he was next reported as setting fire to the house of a man named Ashton McCallum, leaving the man to cook inside. No body was recovered.
Now, the mysterious figure stands on a hilltop overlooking the plant. Yes, this should be the location-“Burn the sky, let there be only screams.”
There, a signal...It shall be done. He replies, no emotion attached to his message.
He extends his flame covered hand and pours forth his black fire into a birdlike shape, until a falcon derived entirely from fire flaps its wings aggressively.
At a wave of Zane's hand, the bird flies past the security, melting through windows, lighting every flammable material it comes into contact with, and just generally causing havoc.
Darkstar is soon to follow. Any who survive would only be able to recall fear, and flashes of a man made of dark fire. No eyes. No face. Just fire.
The more he sets ablaze, the greater the aura of fear around him grows, ever expanding as men and woman run screaming from the roaring flames.
The faculty police are swiftly dispatched with hurled orbs of flame, and the firefalcon only disappears after flying headfirst into the man production lab, causing a massive set of chain explosions throughout the plant.
That's one peracid plant down.

He leaves without a trace; cameras are of no use, and he leaves no DNA.

DemonZoZo
2014-05-24, 07:33 PM
It been three weeks since I met her Nightshade driven crazy by those who fear powers and not believe in them so they trap these special people with limitation even death causing all this death and grief. Today she caused several explosion by simple explosions causing massive damage to city now, I have to help the people recover from this before striking back with a new weapon that just may save everyone here.

Not far away a building is falling so he runs to kicking the falling pieces away from the hitting civilians that world hurt otherwise. A huge piece of the building come falling a s he move the other citizens to safety, while a poor dog injured with a broken leg is about crushed so grabs the dog taking the damage instead. Leaving everyone in a moment knowing he might not be alive where he does not returning taking the dog with him so no one knows who he was. Meanwhile due to nightshade attack they gained unlimited access to government allowing tracking through the air at lighting speed.

Raunchel
2014-05-27, 04:35 AM
Things are working, exactly as planned. Except maybe for the one highway that remains intact. Stupid minions can't even blow up a road filled with commuters. Briefly she considers strapping them to the next set, but she will need people, lots of them. Her plans take manpower, and these minions have been nicely intimidated and bribed. The truck is almost at the destination and she reaches out. There even is a guard at the gate. She makes him walk out, no need for attention-drawing gunshots yet. He is quickly replaced by one of her people. Twelve tanker trucks are following the one she is in, marked in different ways so they won't draw too much attention afterwards. At several other places other trucks will be going to other plants, but this is the most important one, here they use large quantities of sulfur dichloride, being one of the major production centers for COD. That at least is one of the advantages of the hospital. They didn't let her read many different things, but for some reason they believed that it would be perfectly safe to let her learn her chemistry, believing that she could never use it to hurt anyone. How wrong they will be. She will kill them all, unless they do exactly what she wants. And then she might still do it, just for the fun of it.

She steps outof her truck, looking at the tank containing the material she needs. For some reason no one realized how useful such a place could be. Under her supervisions tubes are connected and the chemicals flow into the trucks which once carried fuel. She could get them cheaply, and nobody will suspect a thing. Especially because the man who bought them is floating in the lake. Unless they found him already, it could have happened, and won't make the news now. Not now that she is doing her work and leaving her mark on the cities. Two days from now she will make the announcement that will shatter their resolve, and two days later she will have everything she could want. But there is one complication. Where are the heroes? By now they should have gone after her minions. She looks carefully around, she can't use someone attacker her now. But then again, a real hero woul be saving lives, not trying to find her. Not yet.

DemonZoZo
2014-05-29, 03:19 AM
War has begun now I must fight with others like me that are gathered in one group with all the resources of military at our side while hiding away some extra money for just in case situations arriving allowing me to escape when things get very dire. Helping people through out the city is what i've been doing for hours in Main Community Center on Halo Street 56 off the main road get them supplies quickly because is it filling up with people who are looking for safety from the attacks going on in the city knowing they are safe with me around, just can't help but wonder when tech support going to find Nightshade. Won't take long only a 20 minutes with 3 over satellites tracking her after 2 weeks so she got the surprise on me.

While bringing in supplies a lady asks " Why didn't you stop this happening you are a hero after all" as Harald responds " Lady I can't stop everyone and deem them evil for the person who did this is not evil only confused about how the world works because of what you think............ " That one day you will fear and want me locked away because you are afraid of me, that what happened to that person outside doing this and now she is twisted because of what happened to her and it people like you who caused it".
The lady offended by what Harald said " Well now listen here you idiot it because you are all dangerous ticking time bombs that need to be put down in your rightful place not like right now where your free to travel around freak" as she points her finger at him. Harald walks away giving the lady her pride like she yet it was not so, He left because she would regret the day she needs help and he will not come wishing she had paid more respect to him because she at death door wishing to live.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-10, 08:09 PM
The wall explodes to see a third party group here support Nightshade and cause armed with explosives,m-16,body, and a prototype battle bot replicated from his company design.

Raunchel
2014-06-11, 06:10 AM
Nightshade smiles, everything is going like she wants it to. Some of her minions have found heroes and are attacking them. It's just a distraction of course, but she needs the time they give her. When these tankers are at their destination and the loose ends have been tied up no one will be capable of finding her, not until she has the whole city at her mercy. It is tiring, horribly tiring to keep her mind on everything at the same time. She stops observing her people, she stops controlling them. She is all alone now in the darkness, except for the thoughts of those closest to her. Even is she wanted to she couldn't stop them. She hates them, all of them, but they have to be used.

The truck moves again, it is ready, she feels it. There will soon be more fires when the bombs placed throughout the complex go off. She hopes that the timers will work properly, her people are mostly idiots, not professional bomb-setters.

redzimmer
2014-06-11, 12:24 PM
Showtime (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17607762&postcount=24)

Fire! Chaos! Drama! This is the life!

Showtime looked at the enthralled group of firefighters, standing around him. They were so earnest in their need to put out these blazes, but now they just stood here, gazing with awe at the man who was once Joel Stein.

To think, just a few days ago Joel was running scared, worried about such petty things as prison. After the gifts bestowed upon his deserving self, he had become a new man. No longer would he confine himself to small stage with a few hundred morons watching. Now the whole world was his stage!

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's SHOWTIME!"

Showtime raises his hands in the air, feeling the power coursing through him.

"Go, my pretties!" he mentally commands his MFD drones to go smash every fire hydrant they can find. Mustn't let this show end prematurely...

Lightning Fast
2014-06-11, 01:45 PM
"One-sixty, one-eighty, two-hundred..." Leon counted the money from his last street fight. A healthy sum. From his exploits in the underground ring, he had earned the title "Meatshield", due to his extreme durability. He didn't show his face during fights, though; best not to tell the thugs his true identity. Fortunately, none of the low-lifes expected he had superpowers. Extreme resistance to injury, poisons, and even mental assaults from telepaths: you'd think he'd make quite the hero. Well, he would, if not for his laziness.

The superheroes he'd met weren't necessarily quick to discount him, but looked down upon him because of his lack of offensive capability. What could he do against a supervillain aside from standing in front of them?

Well, villainy is their problem. Not his.

*BOOM*

"I should probably check that out..." With innocent people dying, he was somewhat compelled to help them.

Over the next few minutes, the entire city descended into chaos. Leon rushed

All he had to do was turn around to see an exploding chemical plant, still burning. Transportation had been cut off, so he couldn't get on the subway, but his powers prevented him from feeling the effects of fatigue. There was a police car, siren still going, flipped over at the side of a massive crater created from an underground tunnel explosion. He broke open the window and pulled out the nearly-dead police officer, taking his gun and billy-club. "****ing Nightshade, I bet..." He muttered, dashing down the street towards the chaos with his weapons tucked away, looking for anyone with powers who might be trying to hinder or help the cause.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-11, 01:51 PM
Scott climbs the last flight of stairs to his old home, somewhere in the distance he hears a rumble like thunder. He steps up to his door, number 213. Scott slides the key into the keyhole, turning it he can hear the simple tumblers set into place and breathes a sigh of relief, she didn't change the locks. Scott walks into his old flat, "Carol?! Are you here? It's me Scott, I'm back and I'm ok." He hears someone get up from the next room and rush into the door way. "Scott! Oh my god! You're alive, I can't believe it!" Carol runs into Scott's arms embracing him like he's been gone for decades even though it's only been weeks. "I was beginning to think you were dead, or worse!"
"Everything is fine, things will be better now." Scott calmly reassures her, holding her tight. In the background he hears a voice say something about explosions in the city. His eyes shine an odd green as he peers through the wall focusing on the television in the next room. There're images of collapsed tunnels and brides, roadways and buildings are more or less destroyed. The reporter is talking but he can barely hear her, though the news feed gives him the info he needs, "Citizens trapped, injured and possibly dead. Groups of armed men are attacking super powered individuals."
"Carol, I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll be back, I promise."
"What? No!" Scott steps away from her, suddenly a glimmering portal opens behind him the sky can be seen through it, Scott steps through and the portal closes.

Scott stands atop the building he was just inside, he scans the horizon searching for the closest danger. He spots one maybe a mile away, he reaches down and places his hands on the concrete lip of the roof. Scott pulls the concrete into his body, rearranging the molecules to form protective plating over his vitals. Then condenses the majority of his musculature into his legs, reinforcing his bones and ligaments. He leaps into the air propelled to great heights and distance before landing several blocks away, just a few more jumps he thinks as he leaps again.

Eloi
2014-06-11, 05:12 PM
"Humans could get hurt in that fire..." Azanna (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17612831&postcount=42) whispered to herself, before she sprouted her bat wings and flew to the chemical plant engulfed in flames.

"Back little ones!" she shouted as she landed, psychically compelling some of the firefighters to walk several feet away before she spawned a multitude of black gelatinous tentacles and suffocated the oxygen for some of the outer flames with them, reducing the size of the fire to something more manageable.

ExperimentAlpha
2014-06-11, 08:13 PM
A small bead of crimson blood formed upon Ryan's finger, it's appearance to be shortly followed by a muttered curse. Who would have thought that sewing by hand would be this difficult...? Well, we all live and learn. Ryan made a mental note to get a sewing machine the next time he was in town. And some more fabric. "Makes you wonder where all those superheroes get their costumes from...Is there some store for super-costumes or something?" Ryan mused to himself.

With but a little more work, Ryan's 'Costume' was finished. To be perfectly fair, it was little more than a black hoodie with a crude superhero logo of an orange 6-pointed star sewn onto the back and front, a bulletproof vest, and a cool-looking metal paintball mask which he had bought at a pawn shop. Well, it was better than nothing. Ryan donned his crudely-constructed costume and took a look at himself in a mirror, striking a heroic pose....There was much to be sought after in later designs.

A sudden series of explosions could be heard in the distance, accompanied by the sound of several wailing sirens. "Uh-oh. Sounds like those superheroes have their hands full - " Ryan stopped himself. HE was a superhero now, so HE had to take responsibility and save the day. After a moment to collect himself, Ryan left his apartment, garbed in his crudely-manufactured superhero costume, and looked up toward the sky. "Alright, just like we practiced...." And with that, he shot off into the air.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-12, 05:59 PM
Watching the armed men he realized they are special force troops that had been issued at the base with other gear from TurboTech Inc thinking about it carefully he really did get that all stolen from him during the first attack. Taking a chair he sit down not caring for them in anyway "Yes, now look what we got here a bunch military troops so how much are you being or is Nightshade just mind controlling you guys into her horrible life ways because of people like her pointing to a red haired lady behind him. Well whenever your ready bring it on" while he surfing through files on a digital display screen looking for a theme to play in his suit.

One of them steps up to fight quickly scanning he sees prototype armor that was used on the battle modified to be be durable on all the men as the leader goes " Looks like you noticed that your engineers and scientist have been improving all your gear you created" interrupts the leader " That was not me wish it really was you seem like all muscle & control type so which one of these guys is your doggy playing fetch for you". The leader screams open fire causing a full out battle.

(OOC: If I am going to fast just mention and will change it up for a slower pace)

hoplathemightly
2014-06-12, 06:42 PM
Scott landed roughly on the street, the strain of leaping several times taking it's toll on his legs and body in general. I've got to figure out a better way to travel. This is too painful. Scott surveyed the area, there was a building burning, firefighters were going in and no one was coming out. A gaping hole nearly sixty feet across marked the location of the bombing target, twisted metal beams hung over the hole. "The monorail... cutting off transportation. But to where?" Scott shifted the excess muscle and bone away from his legs and back to their rightful locations. Then a quick rearranging of all the chemicals that were making him ache, and back to 100%. He ran to the nearest firefighter who wasn't immediately involved with the fire. "Sir! What's the status, are there people still inside?"
"What?! Oh yes, we think there's a family trapped on the third floor, the floor above collapsed, we're trying to clear a path. We're spread so thin, there're too many fires and explosions. Please stand back we need the space to maneuver." The firefighter grabbed a radio, not even looking at Scott, and started calling for assistance.
Scott examined the building, looking for an access location. Then he saw it, a window on the third floor was just shattered and cleared of fire by an immense jet of water. Scott shifted some of the silicon, water and oxygen molecules from his body into a simple filter over his mouth and nose; ran to the building as fire fighters shouted for him to stop, leapt upon the wall digging newly formed spikes into the loose brick and mortar. He climbed up to the window while slowly shifting the molecules of the concrete to more wholly cover his body. Clambering inside he walked carefully, he looked through the walls to find the family. There they were, huddled tight on the floor a few walls away. Scott ran to the first wall and placed his hand on it, dispersing the molecules that were useless and drawing in the ones that could be used, a man-sized hole appeared. Again and again he created a tunnel to the family, reinforcing the floor as he tread upon the burning building. The last wall seemingly disintegrated and Scott looked upon the family. "Be calm, I'm here to help! Please follow me and stay low!" Scott ran back to the window he climbed in, checking behind him to make sure the family was keeping up, they were. He grabbed the window sill and constructed a chute that the family could slide down to safety. He ushered them down one at a time before following them. He rushed to the firefighter he had spoken to before, "Call your men out. I've got to go."

Alhendors
2014-06-13, 05:40 AM
Samuel Taylor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17618683&postcount=67)
Having access to the city's basic security features was certainly useful. Ever since his mutation Samuel realised that he could outsmart almost anyone when it came to technology, science or any other non-supernatural concept, making it relatively easy for him to have access to basic security cameras from his "base," without fear of being tracked.

"Odd..." He muttered to himself, the city was apparently in chaos without much of an indication why, although he was sure something was off. His prototype V.I. drones not ready for use just yet, it seemed as though this would be the first time Samuel would leave his lab/base in two weeks. He noted down all the information from the security feeds in but a few seconds and with photographic memory. Samuel donned his armour, trench-coat and a few high tech small-medium arms before leaving the lab and heading towards where he calculated the main source of the chaos was.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-13, 11:34 AM
The Avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17617124&postcount=184)

Lara dusted herself off and checked for damage. Only moments ago, she'd been happily biking down Madison Bulivard, on her way to finish a delivery and grab some EXP for completing her quest. Then, the city had been rocked by a nearby explosion, the blastwave throwing her to the ground. A small menu appeared before her, confirming she'd only lost 5 HP in the crash. Nothing major, and her natural recovery rate should have her back to 100% in five minutes.

But then, Lara was fairly certain she didn't have 5 minutes, since she could hear other, more distant explosions rocking the city, plumes of fire rising up above the skyline. "That can't be good" She muttered to nobody.

Ding

Another text window appeared, along with a star icon. When these things first started happening, Lara had quickly figured out that Star Icon's meant she'd just found a new quest. Tapping the screen, the window expanded.

Quest Description: A serious of explosions have gone off across the city, sending the citizens into a panic. From the looks of things, the explosions are no accident. Somewhere in the city, a sinister element is at work, putting the lives of countless innocents in danger.

Quest Objectives:

Prevent any additional explosions from going off
Locate and defeat the people responsible
Save The City

Side Objectives:

Aid Citizens in Need---200 EXP Per Citizen Helped

Quest Rewards:

10,000 EXP
$1500
Increased Reputation With City Officials
Increased Reputation With Citizens
3 Skill Books

Accept Quest?

Accept
Refuse

Lara hesitated. Up till now, her quests had mostly been little, day-to-day tasks that she'd have to do anyway. Things like 'Go To Work' or 'Pick up Groceries' or even 'Take your Midterm'. Granted, the quest rewards had been pretty minor, but that made sense. The easier the task, the smaller the reward. Now suddenly she was being called in to stop some kind of terrorist group and save the city. It felt a little out of her league, if she was to be honest with herself.

Taking a moment, Lara attempted to steel her nerves as she tapped her index finger on the 'Accept' Icon. The window closed, having preformed its function. This was the real deal, and if Lara had any intention of living up to her role as the hero, then she couldn't start her adventure by running away just because things were scary.

Getting back on her bike, Lara sped down the roadways towards the nearest burning building. Given the force of the blast had been enough to throw her off her bike, Lara figured it couldn't have been more than three or four blocks from her current location. With luck, she'd get another prompt box from the system telling her where to go from there once she'd taken care of the fire.

Speeding around the corner, the bike tires screeched and skid on the pavement. Lara slammed on the breaks, narrowly dodging around a group of three or four fireman, who seemed oblivious to her presence as they matched along the road. Parking her bicycle, Lara approached the three "Hey, Listen! I know I might not look it but I'm...Here to...What the heck?!" Lara trailed off, as the three men ignored her completely and began pummeling a fire hydrant, pounding on the thing with hammers and fists. "Creepy..." Was about all she could add.

Something was clearly up, and Lara didn't like the fact she wasn't in on the secret. Her eyes narrowed as she focused her gaze. A text box appeared next to the fireman. Observe, Lara thought, activating her skill

HP 80/80
MP: 0

A proud and brave member of the city fire department. Always ready to step in and help others, no matter the situation or the danger. Thomas is a single father of 3 children, who he loves dearly. Also one of the finest BBQ Chefs in the city.

A quick check of the other two gentleman revealed similar information. The Three were under some kind of mental domination. Lara Winced, knowing she'd have to stop these three quickly, since there was no way she'd be able to put the fire out without using a hydrant.

"Look Guys, I'm really, Really sorry about this" she muttered, unsure if they were aware of her words or not. Charging forward, she gave a quick karate chop to the back of the nearest firemans head, KOing him in one shot. A text prompt appeared, but Lara ignored it, knowing she had no time for browsing windows in the midst of a fight.

The other two fireman turned on her, and made several clumsy attacks, which Lara manged to dodge. Seemed that the mental control was slowing their reflexes. Or perhaps, Lara thought, the fireman were fighting to regain control and that was what caused their bodies to move so sluggishly.

A swift kick to the abomen and two palm strikes downed the second firefighter, while a roundhouse to the cheak incapacitated the third. Three men, all unconcious, but otherwise uninjured. Not like Lara felt good about winning. Kicking a firefighter in the face felt inherently wrong, like using bad language around a nun. She felt the EXP from beating the three men drop into her status window, which served as a reminder that she needed to hurry up and keep moving, not stand around feeling bad for what she had done. She also remembered that she'd gotten a update from the system at the start of the fight. "Display Stats Window" She mumbled, the screen appearing once more, displaying her stats and gear. Sure enough, there were two new messages waiting for her.

Through a special action, you have created a new passive skill

Sneak Attack: LVL 1
By striking from the shadows, you can catch a target off guard and hit them where it hurts most.

+50% Damage and +30% Critical Hit Chance against unaware targets
Higher levels increase damage bonus and critical hit chance

Ding

Fire Ax
2-Handed Edged Weapon

It has a pick-shaped pointed poll. It is often decorated in vivid colors to make it easily visible during an emergency. Its primary use is for breaking down doors and windows.

+50% Damage to objects

"Don't think I'll be getting used to that any time soon" Lara commented, still unnerved by the fact that beating up people or doing chores would sometimes give her items as a reward. Sooner or later, Lara figured, she would have to put some time in to finding out exactly where these things came from.

Getting back on her bike, Lara closed the remaining distance between herself and the blazing building without much further incidence. What she saw at the scene was, frankly, something she had no way prepared herself for.

Standing there, with a big grin on his face, was a half-naked man dressed like a Chippendale dancer. Did...Did The Game just Glitch or something? She thought, perplexed, that had to be a mistake. Then she saw his icon.

<Showtime>
Joel Stein
LVL: 12

No way! The guy was level Freaking 12!!! Lara was only level 4, and the fireman she'd just beaten were level 3! Did that mean this guy was 3 times stronger than she was? What the heck was going on here? And why did he look so happy, with all this destruction going on around him?

Then it snapped into place. Joel was a part of the guys who did this. The realization hit Lara pretty hard, since she was at a much lower level then this guy, and afraid at what would happen if she tried to fight him. But then, she was also afraid of what would happen if she didn't. People could die.

"Joel!" she cried out, trying to sound firm and strong "Whatever your doing, you have to stop!"

redzimmer
2014-06-13, 12:15 PM
Showtime (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17607762&postcount=24)

"...you have to stop!" Showtime heard.

Who is this... Wait! How does she know my name?!

Showtime now focused all his attention on this odd person.

She's ad-libbing the scene and she's breaking character! And what does she think she's doing with my firemen?

"I did not cast you in this production! And you are too big-boned to pull off the 'wide-eyed little waif' look! Run Away!"

The last part got an additional mental push. Showtime was feeling uncharacteristically generous to this insignificant bit-player, and if she stayed out of his way, he might let her live.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-13, 01:14 PM
The Avatar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17617124&postcount=184)

"I did not cast you in this production! And you are too big-boned to pull off the 'wide-eyed little waif' look! Run Away!"

Lara opened her mouth to respond, but suddenly felt her body go numb. Try as she might, she couldn't get herself to move or even speak.

Status Ailment: Mind Controlled

The text box sat front and center in Lara's field of vision, waiting for her to acknowledge it, but of course, Lara's body was no longer under her own control, so she couldn't even move enough to close the window. Instead, her body began turning away from Joel, and jogging off on the opposite direction.

It was an unbelievably unpleasant sensation, feeling her body move on its own, being trapped in her own skin. Lara wasn't sure how far or how fast she was going, but she could feel the heat from the fire growing dimmer. Come on! She creamed inside her head Your better than this! Don't take orders from some clown in a fetishists tuxido!. Lara strained her thoughts, trying to reassert dominance over her own actions.

Through a special action, you have created a new passive skill

Mental Fortitude: LVL 1
Your strong will and unwavering spirit allow you to fight off others attempts to control you. Through the power of concentration, you can shake off mental domination

25% Chance to overcome the Mind Control Status Per 30 Seconds
+10% Resistance To Mind Control
Higher Levels Increase Resistance and Chance to Overcome Mind Control Status

Yes! Lara exclaimed, feeling the skill begin to bolster her efforts. Another widnow appeared, displaying a countdown timer, presumably the time limit on her chance to overcome Showtimes command. It was easily the longest 30 second wait of Lara's lifetime, watching the timer run out, knowing every second might mean another person killed in the fire or enthralled by Joel somehow.

Mind Control Overcome

Suddenly, Lara once again felt her limbs come under her control, as she stopped running and let out a sigh of relief. Looking back, she had to be at least three or four blocks from where she'd started running. "Ok then, I tried being nice" she muttered, cracking her knuckles. She started dashing back the way she'd come, charging at Joel, or showtime, or whatever the hell he wanted to call himself. As she neared within a hundred paces, Lara exclaimed "Sprint!"

In an instant, her speed skyrocketed, closing the remaining distance in a split second. Curling her hand into a tight fist, Lara swung her arm back and let fly a strong hay maker punch, aiming right for Joel's big, stupid face. "Power Strike!"

Her MP drained by another few points as her fist erupted into a bright glow of energy, multiplying its power even more. The hit landed square on Joel's jaw. As the punch connected, a small popup appeared

Critical Hit!

Thats more like it, hows that feel Joel? Lara thought with a grin.

"Sorry, I don't remember auditioning for the part of...what was it you called me? The 'Wide Eyed Waif'? No, I'm playing the hero of this Story, the one who puts your sequin coated butt in jail and saves the day"

OOC: Don't want my attack to come off as taking away to much control from your character, feel free to have the damage done be whatever you feel appropriate

Also, on another note, The various text boxes, menus and pop up notes that Lara interacts with are not visable to others. The physical manifestations of her skills (The glow from Power Strike, or a little Green + when she uses First aid, are visable to others

Alhendors
2014-06-13, 01:52 PM
Samuel Taylor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17618683&postcount=67)
The feel of the air rushing past his face, the sight of the increasing chaos and the unnatural hum of the advanced motorcycle like transport were rather simulating indeed, especially for one who had done nothing outside a large room for the past two weeks, whatever was going to happen at least Samuel was receiving a rush from the experience. Pressing down further on the multi-stage pedal he forced the bike into a further state of speed, only slowing to make the turns around the corners. He wasn't possessing of any particular skill with the vehicle but his dexterity, reaction and agility augments certainly made it easier than it should've been.

Making one final corner, Sam came to a screeching halt as he saw the sight, a massive building that he quickly deduced to be something of scientific importance wreathed in flame. It appears as though he was not the only one who was attracted to the building, as multiple people other than obvious fire fighters were already here. They appeared to be... Fighting. In truth some of what he saw baffled him despite being sure that he was not being deceived.

"How can a Human run that fast? Augmentation? Is there someone else who got the same intellectual gifts as I?" He semi-monologued to himself, half of the sentence out loud the rest in his head as he caught the sight of Lara going well beyond what a standard Human of her build should be able to do. Pulling the breaks down and DNA locking the bike he reached into his trench coat and subtly drew a stunning non-lethal firearm, purely just in case he needed to use it.

(I'd like to note now that Samuel has not come into contact with or is even aware of any other results of the chemical, he has spent most of the past few weeks in his lab and likely retreated there before most actually discovered their powers.)

redzimmer
2014-06-13, 02:23 PM

Hero? You can't sell a female hero in this market!

Showtime reels from the hit, his years of stage and acrobatic training taking over to prevent a nasty fall. Instead he cartwheels out of the woman's striking range.

"You're turning out to be a problem, girl," he sneers through a bloody lip. "Keep this up and you're gonna get black-listed!"

Unsure how this woman broke his mental hold - no one had succeeded thus far - he decides to change his tactics. Hopping further out of her reaches, he compells the fallen firefighters to return to their feet and attack her.

This vandal is trying to keep you from saving lives! Stop her!

"Well, Hero Girl, if you're the hero, you gotta make the audience believe in you first! Let's see what you've got... and ACTION!"

Seeing the woman preoccipied, he rushes toward the fire truck, and hops behind the wheel and drives off with siren blazing.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-13, 04:53 PM

A tad disappointingly, Lara's punch didn't seem to carry the weight or force she'd hoped. Joel had taken a bit of Damage to his HP, but hadn't even dropped it below 75%. This was going to be a tough one.

"Well, Hero Girl, if you're the hero, you gotta make the audience believe in you first! Let's see what you've got... and ACTION!"

Lara saw Showtime move towards the firetruck, and tried to intercept him, but didn't get more than three or four paces before she was grabbed from behind by one of the fireman. "Urg, Let go!" She shouted, struggling to break free. Restrained, Lara could do little but watch as Showtime departed. "GET BACK HERE YOU JERK" She shouted after him, just as she managed to break loose of the Fireman grip. Of course, she was in a bad position to give chase, since several more of Showtimes thralls had encircled her, cutting off her escape routes.

"Not good" She mumbled, dodging a slugging attack on her left side, trying to stay mobile so she wouldn't get boxed in. Lara backed away, being pushed towards the burning building as the firefighters heedlessly approached.

I can't just start wailing on these guys, theres to many to handle solo. Even if there were, I'd have no MP left for later and it takes a while to refill on its own. Lara strategize, looking for the next move. Come on, if this were a game, what would I do?. That actually was less helpful a direction to think, since if this were a game, Lara probably would just attack the fireman without a second thought, since video game enemies are just lines of code, not people with lives.

The heat on her back was getting unbearable. She'd have to make a choice soon, or she'd be pressed into the fire. "I'm sorry" Was all she could say as she rushed the fireman on her left flank, kneeing him in the face and knocking the man aside as she pushed through. One of the other fire fighters clubbed her exposed back with a length of piping. Lara felt her HP take a dip, sliding down by 15 points.

But even that only bought her a few more seconds, since her attackers were compelled to keep coming after her. "Great...now what"

Alhendors
2014-06-13, 05:21 PM
Samuel, although certainly not heroic was not heartless enough to watch someone in this state, it was clear that these fire fighters were clearly not acting as they should. Placing the blame on corruption the trench-coat wearing man got off his motorcycle and aimed the stun-gun in the direction of the firemen while advancing.

"Hey a**holes!" trying to keep as emotionless and intimidating as possible, Sam continued to advance upon the fire fighters. "Many on one is hardly fair. Don't make me shoot to even these odds."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-13, 05:34 PM

"Hey a**holes!" trying to keep as emotionless and intimidating as possible, Sam continued to advance upon the fire fighters. "Many on one is hardly fair. Don't make me shoot."

Lara turned, seeing a slim, somewhat grundgy looking gentlman who looked no more than a few years older than Lara herself. He was brandishing a weapon, some kind of firearm, which he held level with the fireman. Not what I was expecting Lara thought But I'll take whatever help I can get

Retreating back towards the new arrival, Lara quickly stood level with the man. Though she didn't know what his motives might be, Lara wasn't about to turn down the offer for help, not against a mind controlled fire brigade. "Thanks for the assist" She started, keeping her eyes trained on the advancing mob, her fists raised in a defensive stance. "Not sure how believable this will sound, but that Chippendale wannabe that drove off in the fire engine has some kind of power that lets him bend people to his bidding." Lara paused, realizing that the sentence she'd just spoken was probably the strangest combination of words she'd ever had to say aloud in her life. She pressed on, trying not to laugh at the ridiculousness of it "He's brainwashed these fireman, and I think he's connected to the explosions going off around the city."

"I'm Lara, By the way" She add, as an afterthought. Might as well make some effort at introductions.

redzimmer
2014-06-13, 06:01 PM

"Start spreading the news! It's burning todaaaaaaaaaay! I wanna be a part of it... HE-RO-POLIS!"

To an off-key cover of New York, New York, the Choreographer of Chaos smashes the stolen fire engine through the streets of Heropolis.

Eventually he comes in line with gas station. Bracing the pedal with a house-breaking tool left behind by one of the firefighters, Showtime jumps out of the racing truck, lands with a tumble onto the sidewalk and brushes himself off as he stands.

A moment later, a huge explosion rocks the gas station as the pumps are ruptured. The irony of the cause and effect made Showtime smile.

"Now who's producing this gig?"

A pair of obviously scared policemen nervously level their guns at the top-hatted villain. With nary a though Showtime stuns them with his dazzling ability.

As he passes, he helps himself to the stunned officers' service revolvers, which he tucks away in his jacket. He then casts about, looking for an epicenter for all this mayhem.

Alhendors
2014-06-13, 06:05 PM
"Samuel," he returned the favour of introduction as he continued to aim towards the firemen. He wasn't sure if what she was saying was the truth, but it was clear that something was wrong. After a few seconds of processing that would've taken a normal Human a minute or so, Sam decided to believe her story to some degree.

"I believe you... Or at least enough so my doubts don't matter," he tensed his fingers as he saw the thralls advancing. Deciding to let off a warning shot at their feet, he was surprised to see that they didn't even flinch in fear. "Your call, what should we do with them?

NineOfSpades
2014-06-13, 06:17 PM

"I believe you... Or at least enough so my doubts don't matter," he tensed his fingers as he saw the thralls advancing. Deciding to let off a warning shot at their feet, he was surprised to see that they didn't even flinch in fear. "Your call, what should we do with them?

Lara contemplated a moment or two. Now that she wasn't alone, new options were available. "I found a group of fireman before, and they seemed oblivious to my presence until I tried to stop them from destroying a fire hydrant." Lara began "I think...No, I'm sure that they keep following the last order given, ignoring everything else around them"

Checking her surroundings, Lara made sure she wasn't about to get boxed in a second time "Since Showtime isn't here, I guess they'll just keep coming after me." Lara spoke, eyeing the building "If I keep their attention, do you think you can put out the fire? We need to keep it from spreading ASAP"

ExperimentAlpha
2014-06-13, 10:15 PM
Ryan soared through the air at high speeds, looking down over the city from above.... Yes, there was certainly mass chaos. Fires had spread everywhere, and what few firemen were about only seemed to be adding to the damage. This doesn't sound right at all... Looks like a job that Starburst could assist with. And, who knows, maybe his 'fire powers' work both ways...?

The hoodie-clad superhero flew up toward one of the burning buildings, focusing his thought upon the flames. The fire seemed to flicker toward Ryan, steadily diminishing as he felt an incredible surge of heat flow up his outstretched arms and into his core. The feeling was...Invigorating. "Huh, maybe I ought to do his more often...." he mused to himself as the fire within the nearby buildings were slowly drained away until there were only cinders.

Another large explosion rocked the nearby area... Well, that was certainly worth his attention. Ryan jetted off toward the explosion as fast as he would let himself, getting there in only a couple of minutes. Once he arrived on the scene, he quickly set to dousing the flames, using the same technique he tried earlier to pull the fire into himself.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-13, 11:17 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17607109&postcount=22

Scott sprinted to the remains of the monorail, taking a moment to examine the collapse of the foundation, thinking back to his college days and those required courses in civil engineering, he guessed the bomb had been placed in a load bearing column, beneath the foundation. Whoever orchestrated this event must have access to the city's original plans. There's only so many places to find those.

Flexing his legs Scott wasn't so sure about leaping around again, maybe try flying? Scott tried to envision the musculature, bone structure and layering of feathers that comprised avian wings, as he did his bones hollowed to allow the formation of new bones, his musculature thinned to give strength to the spreading wings now reaching out of his back. He used bits of keratin and silicon to construct the feathers, fire retardant feathers, can't be too careful with the city in flames. Flexing his new and entirely foreign appendages he attempted to lift off.

Scott's flight wasn't too steady, or graceful like those of the avian he was attempting to mimic. He plummeted and lilted as he traversed the sky heading towards city hall. Then he saw something unexpected, a fire truck careening towards a gas station....

"A moment later, a huge explosion rocks the gas station as the pumps are ruptured."

Scott watches as a man robs two police officers and runs off. That's bizarre. Feeling a ping of guilt Scott descends to attempt to stifle the raging gas fire. He swoops down and lands roughly, letting his wings fall limp unsure what to do with them. The gasoline had burned up almost instantly, still smallish fires were threatening to spread the conflagration. Scott scanned the area looking for more concrete, the sidewalk near the police officers was the closest.

He ran up to the officers, "Don't panic, I'm not here to rob you" Scott offers them, but they remain motionless. OK, that's really weird. Going to check that out in a minute. He dips past the two and places his hands on the sidewalk, thick swaths of concrete are ripped from the ground and absorbed into his body. Scott rushes to the nearest fire and begins breaking down the concrete into bits of sand to hurl onto the flames. Sand bulges around his hands and forearms and he swings in a wide sweep, sand gushes out and flies over the fire, snuffing it out. "That works pretty well.

Since I have no idea if Showtime had intentions of abandoning his scene of destruction or was hoping that he could grab more people for his bidding I'm going to let him either slip away or make an entrance. Scott is pretty unawares at the moment.

Eloi
2014-06-13, 11:36 PM
Azanna eventually managed to put out the fire in the area she was next to through smothering it, before noticing Scott nearby doing something similar. She quickly flew over to him, leaning into his face while suspended in the air, without much regard to his personal space.

"Hello there, do you happen to know who is causing this and where I could find them?" she quietly said to him, with her voice almost lost in the sound of her wings beating loudly.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-14, 04:27 AM
Harald take a few seconds which is minutes in his eyes watching the explosions go off in distance and all the bullets flying towards him while the robot waits for a weak spot to strike upon working under one mind Nightshade knowing she not nearby he waits until she found because only he know why it happening and she must pay for this now. Catch them until they drop to the ground being distracted the robot strikes landing a kick to his side not doing much as Harald drop kicks the robot on the right shoulder breaking it connections due to the inferior quality.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 11:32 AM
"Fire. Great."

Thomas kept running towards the chaos, bass straped to his back. More and more people running away and towards it. The way to the fire was pure chaos.

"There's no way I'll get there in time."

He went to an alleyway. He needed space. Took off the helmet, and put it in the bass case. Pulled out the bass. Placed his hands on the position. Took a deep breath.

And then he started playing and singing to himself. That'd help.

"I was cold... In the middle of a railroad track..."

His veins and arteries were turning blue, just like the bass. He could feel the storm flowing within him.

"THUNDER!"

A blast of lightning, followed by a short thunderwave - and Thomas went flying towards the place where the fire was happening.

"That's better."

Alhendors
2014-06-14, 01:21 PM
Samuel pondered for a moment, analysing the fire's location and the shape of the complex. "I'm not sure I can put it out..." he darted his gaze towards the fire, then towards his mootorcycle and formulated a plan. "But I think I can at least stop it from spreading, here take this," throwing his stun pistol to Lara, Samuel dashed towards his bike and mounted it. "I haven't tested the effect of the stun on Humans yet. I'd suggest only using that if you need to, that is unless you don't mind killing them."

Leaning down to the side of his bike, Samuel began to rig the machine to overload, removing the fuel tank in the process to prevent the reaction from spreading any more fire. As he rigged the bike he began to observe the structural properties of the building, what it was made of, where the materials were, the approximate effect of the fire etc.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-14, 01:22 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17607109&postcount=22

"Hello there, do you happen to know who is causing this and where I could find them?" she quietly said to him, with her voice almost lost in the sound of her wings beating loudly.

"Huh...wah?!" Scott staggered a step in shock at the appearance of black bat winged woman hanging from the air. "Um, no? But I did see a fire engine crash into this station." Scott gestures to what was once the gas station. Who is this woman? Scott eyed the stranger for a moment before nodding towards the two police officers. "Those two were on their way to the fire when someone stole from them, they just stood there like they are now. Very odd. I have no idea what's going on besides the fires and explosions. Who are you?" Scott heaved another gush of sand onto a nearby burning shrubbery box.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 01:31 PM
"Steady... Steady..."

Thomas lost control of the impulse when he felt a thunderwave going in the oppposite direction, and fell knee first on the asphalt.

"F***!"

He raised his head from the knee, and looked up to the raging inferno. If he could control the thunderstorm better, this could be solved in a matter of minutes. He looked around. He wasn't alone.

"Hey, mate! You there with the motorcycle! Any idea of what's going on? Name's Thomas, by the way, just thought you might need to know."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-14, 01:41 PM

Lara caught the pistol like device, shifting it to her better hand and trying to get a feel for its weight. She'd never fired a gun before, much less a little gizmo that looked like it had been built in Samuel garage.

"I haven't tested the effect of the stun on Humans yet. I'd suggest only using that if you need to, that is unless you don't mind killing them."

"Wait...seriously? You didn't test it?!" Lara exclaimed, now holding the gun at arm's length, concerned it might explode or something if she tried to shoot it. Of course, the encroaching crowd of Thralls was encouragement enough to reconsider her position on the topic of experimental guns. "Let me see something quick" She spoke, holding the gun up "Observe"

Stun Pistol
Weapon Grade: Special
Built By: Samuel Tayler

Despite its ramshackle appearance, this nifty little weapon packs a powerful punch. Effective against most targets, the Stun pistol is a remarkably reliable Non-Lethal Weapon.

95% Stun Chance

"Oh that's a relief" Lara sighed, no longer concerned about the gun or its potential danger. She leveled the firearm at the approaching crowd, picking her target carefully and lining down the sight as best she could, before squeezing the trigger. The kickback suprised her, as did the jolt of energy that shot out. For a moment, a shower of sparks raced across the firemans body, before he went down with a soft thud. Lara did a quick check to confirm that the mans HP hadn't dropped. Once satisfied, she began to really unload, pausing only a few moments between shots to take aim before squeezing the trigger and watching another of the fireman go down. "Your Gun works fantastically" Lara cried over her shoulder

Alhendors
2014-06-14, 01:51 PM

"Your Gun works fantastically!"

"R-really?" Samuel had always been confident in his abilities, especially since he received his gift, but he didn't expect that a device based on entirely experimental technology would work perfectly the first time.

"Hey, mate! You there with the motorcycle! Any idea of what's going on? Name's Thomas, by the way, just thought you might need to know."

Samuel didn't even bother to turn to the new arrival, he was too busy with his current task, although his abilities made it so nobody would notice he didn't exactly work his fastest under pressure."Ask her with the gun over there, she seems to know more than me. Although if you could help with slowing down that fire it'd be a huge help." He was working and thinking at incredible speed but certainly not as fast as he could've, the non-fuel power core of his bike wasn't particularly advanced compared to some of his other equipment but one small mistake and the thing could go off prematurely.

Eloi
2014-06-14, 01:54 PM
"I'm Azanna, and I'm a shepherd of sorts," she stated before flying towards the two police officers. She played her flute and took control of them, in order to then relieve them of their mental bondage.

She replied to Scott, "it seems like they were under the control of another."

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 01:57 PM
Thomas turned to Lara, and he was actually quite afraid of the girl's proficiency with stun weapons. Not that he couldn't bend the lightning, but still. People with tazers are terrifying.

"Hey, miss, can you tell me what the heck's going on? Just try not to aim the tazer at me, this could go wrong for everyone here in a matter of seconds."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-14, 02:10 PM

"Hey, miss, can you tell me what the heck's going on? Just try not to aim the tazer at me, this could go wrong for everyone here in a matter of seconds."

"Um...Kinda busy here!" Lara answered the newcomer "Can it wait a second?"

Picking up the Pace, Lara downed the last dozen Fireman, the barrel of the Stun Pistol smoking from the repeated discharges. For a moment, things were quiet. Well, that wasn't true. There were still sirens in the distance, and screams from nearby streets, not to mention the roar of the fire. But it was quieter than it had been.

"Whoo! That was a ride" Lara exclaimed, browing through the new popup window and looking over the rewards she'd picked up from defeating the fire brigade. Nothing specacular, mostly just Cash and EXP, but nothing to complain about either. To a bystander, it just looked as if she was gesturing at the empty space a few inches infront of her face.

"Sorry about that...Yeah, I've only got bits and pieces of it myself by I'll try and fill you in on the highlights." Lara said at last, turning towards the new arrival. "The explosions going off are being orchestrated by a group of really bad guys. Not sure what their end game is but its certainly nothing good. The fire here was started by a guy who calls himself Showtime. He also has the power to control peoples minds, you can thank him for the attack of the killer fire fighters too. He sped off down that way" She gestured down the street "In one of the fire engines. I think he's connected to the rest of the attack, but I don't think he's running the show. More of a mini-boss really"

"I'm Lara, by the way. That's Samuel over there with the Motercycle, he's going to try and contain the fire...somehow" Glancing above the new guys head, Lara absentmindedly commented "Thunderstruck is a cool nickname, nice choice"

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 02:17 PM
"Guess I'm late to the party. I suppose we can try to reach this Showtime guy, but I've never tried to take someone else with me through the air. Wanna give it a shot? Just mind your ears, and you'll be fine."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-14, 02:23 PM

"Guess I'm late to the party. I suppose we can try to reach this Showtime guy, but I've never tried to take someone else with me through the air. Wanna give it a shot? Just mind your ears, and you'll be fine."

"Though the Air? As in...Flying?" Lara asked. She had no real right to be surprised, or doubt Thunderstruck. Heck, flying through the air was practically normal by comparison. Still, the whole 'superhuman' thing was a very recent development and she was in the midst of adapting.

"Actually, wait....First things first" she stated, heading over to join Samuel "We gotta deal with the fire here before it spreads, given the Fire department is incapacitated at present. Showtime will have to wait"

"So whats the plan, Sam?" Lara asked, returning the firearm to its owner

Alhendors
2014-06-14, 02:28 PM

"So whats the plan, Sam?"

Samuel checked his handiwork for a moment, before answering Lara's question with a cold determination "The fire is too large to put out now, if we leave it there it will spread and consume the entire building..." He sighed as he began to reassemble and seal a few parts of the engine, he was almost ready.

"We can still save some of the building, but to do that we need to get rid of that large bulk of flame. I'm going to overload this power core, the blast will erase that section of the building to the point of collapse... But it may erase just enough fire in the process so we can utilize the equipment around us and put out the rest." It was a long shot, down right ridiculous if he was honest, but what was the worst that could happen? The entire building would've been gone unless something was done anyway.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-14, 02:36 PM

"We can still save some of the building, but to do that we need to get rid of that large bulk of flame. I'm going to overload this power core, the blast will erase that section of the building to collapse... But it may erase just enough fire in the process so we can utilize the equipment around us and put out the rest."

"Sam, hate to say this, but thats a pretty terrible idea" Lara answered "The cities got more than enough explosions going on, and I don't get the sense that adding more will do much to improve the situation" Lara let out an exasperated breath, running her fingers through her hair "Of course, I don't have any better suggestions either...alright, lets do this thing"

"Tom, give me a hand with this" Lara said, taking charge "We'll handle the fire extinguishers, and right after Sam sets the blast we can rush in and put out the rest of the blaze before it starts building up momentum again"

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 02:38 PM
"I can try to do something about it. Not sure if it'll put out the fire or start more fire. You take your bet."

Alhendors
2014-06-14, 02:47 PM

"Sam, hate to say this, but thats a pretty terrible idea" Lara answered "The cities got more than enough explosions going on, and I don't get the sense that adding more will do much to improve the situation"

"Heh. If I got here a minute or so earlier there may have been something I could've done. Unfortunately it seems that destruction is the only thing that can lessen this... Destruction." He almost laughed at the idea, before mounting his bike and checking to see that everything was in place.

"I can try to do something about it. Not sure if it'll put out the fire or start more fire. You take your bet."

Samuel hands Thomas the stun gun, unaware of his powers. "Here, the bike is going to need a jolt of electricity to set if off properly..." He calmed himself before putting his hands on their respective handles. "Don't miss."

Revving the bike, secretly fearing that the core may go off at any second, Samuel sped towards the building, aiming for the place with the bulk of the flame. Most of the fire is a bit further up there. Then if I collapse that entire section most of the fire should be taken from it anyway. Keeping his mind engaged for the entire process, Sam turned to the side, forcing himself to tumble to the ground as the bike flew into the flames.

"SHOOT IT!" he shouted back, covering himself with his trenchcoat, knowing full well that he may have gotten too close to where the explosion would go off for his own good. Damn it, this may be a little close.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 02:57 PM
Thomas throws the tazer to Lara, before delivering an electric bolt from his own hand towards the bike.

"EVERYBODY DOWN!"

Just before the bolt reached the bike, Thomas created an electric forcefield between him, Sam, Lara and the explosion, trying to protect the three of them, before being thrown into the ground.

MrE
2014-06-14, 04:28 PM
Twilight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17626958&postcount=191)

Jessica had been at home, alone, when the first explosions broke out. She glanced to the window surprised, and was up on her feet in moments, but despite seeing the flames sprout across the city, she still felt a mild euphoria. Damn but the Light was distracting. She stood there, feeling the responsibility to help the people of Heropolis, but without any negative feelings at their plight: she felt no fear, anger, desperation nor sorrow or horror.

She tried to provoke herself to hurry as she went to her wardrobe and fished out her coat and weapons, and once they were on took a hesitant step to the door. There was only one thing that made her doubt when she had the Light in her, and that was embracing the Dark. She would relinquish this happiness in part, and if she drew too deeply of the Dark, she might lose herself again. She still remembered the week of death and carnage she had unleashed in the name of justice. She mustn't let herself fall again.

With a breath she centred herself, then reached beyond her body, beyond the physical world and felt for the twilight that hung just out of sight. It was a grey world, a small island where the burning Light and devouring Dark spun. She raised one hand (though she had no physical body here, just a mental manifestation) and drank in the Dark. It came willingly, and with it a sense of purpose, a determination and dourness that dampened her euphoria.

Surrounded in a swirling mass of light and darkness, Jessica returned to her mortal body and channeled the Dark. She focussed on the air in front of her and used the Dark to bring it closer to the shadow world. Silently a black tinged portal appeared in the air before her and she stepped through, ending up on top of a building much nearer the centre of the city. She glanced around, looking and saw a blast come from nearby, practically leveling another building. Without pause she created another gateway and stepped.

As the dust cleared she saw three people sheltering behind some sort of electrical field. She drew two short swords and took a step towards the three: she would dispense justice for their destruction of the city.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380380881/737950.jpg

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 04:50 PM
"Guys, there's someone coming, and she doesn't seem particulary happy to see us. Any ideas?"

Alhendors
2014-06-14, 04:55 PM
Samuel, while still living was far too close to the explosion for his own good. As the portion of the building collapsed so did he, being flung into a piece of ruin but a few meters away with his trench-coat torn my the shrapnel and gust of intense flame. He was completely dazed and would require a few moments before he could even process what was going on around himself.

When he did come to some form of sense he realized that his clothes had been torn in a few locations that revealed the great and numerous scars that were present due to his less refined augmentation processes, fearing that those who were less... Normal would not understand. "I think that did it..." He sighed loudly, not quite aware of his newfound "friend's," words in his still present daze.

MrE
2014-06-14, 05:06 PM
Jessica, with the Light in her mostly eclipsed by the Dark she had used to shadowtravel, saw no reason for words or accusations. These people were clearly villains. She would stop those that seemed most dangerous, then question the remaining one to find out who was behind these attacks.

She darted towards the man with the guitar, slashing at his legs to hinder him.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 05:08 PM
"Miss, hear me for a second! And please, do not destroy my knees! We didn't do any of this!"

NineOfSpades
2014-06-14, 05:33 PM

Lara was thankfully far enough from the blast that she remaining on her feet and avoided being overly disoriented by the explosion, and was quick to step in with a fire extinguisher to put out the remaining flames. When she herd the cries of her new friends, Lara quickly turned to see a new woman had appeared.

<Twilight>
Jessica Strange
LVL 21

More importantly, She was attacking Tom. Lara didn't have time to waste on trying to figure out who this person was. She'd just attacked us without skipping a beat. Rushing to the scene, Lara blasted Twilight with a concentrated spray of the fire extinguisher foam. "I don't know what your problem is, but I'm in no mood to deal with it right now! I've gotten attacked by way to many people today already!"

ExperimentAlpha
2014-06-14, 05:36 PM
Ryan continued to siphon away the flames around him, making slow progress on the blaze surrounding the destroyed gas station. All the while, he felt all of the thermal energy he absorbed into himself building up...He would have to release it somehow, and soon. His energy beams should be sufficient for that task, but he didn't actively want to cause any more destruction than the city had already suffered.

As he was thinking to himself, Ryan overheard some voices below, alongside the retort of some kind of energy pistol. After a quick glance downward, he noticed that most of the posessed firemen had been incapacitated...That was good. Hey, what were they doing with that thing down ther-

"EVERYBODY DOWN!"

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning rocked through the sky, the raw voltage setting his hairs on end as the resulting shockwave threw him against the nearby building. Dazed by the blast, it was all Ryan could do to keep himself from going into a dead fall and faceplanting into the pavement below. Instead, he simply faceplanted at a slightly slower speed.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" His cry of shock was quickly silenced by a brief thud. "Ow...Hey, what the heck was that for?" Our hoodie-clad superhero stood and dusted himself off, nearly oblivious to the duel that was currently in progress until he saw a lone swordswoman facing off against the three 'heroes'. A slight glance upward revealed significant damage to the nearby building...Ah, crap. THEY were the bad guys? "Alright, sure. Try to hit me with a bolt of lightning, why don'tcha? What precisely are you three trying to pull, anyways?" Ryan rose once more into the air, his hands glowing in an orange light.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 05:44 PM
"That's great, we got attacked because we tried to save the goddamn building. Why can't nobody listen to us?"

MrE
2014-06-14, 05:46 PM
Twilight

Jessica slashed downward, scoring marks on the pavement as she closed in on the musician's appendages, but her assault was cut short as the air around her turned very thick and sludgy and she was assailed by fire retardant foam. She coughed and jumped back, the foam adding to her natural shadowy aura to make her even more difficult to make out.

She drew in Light, her limbs flooding with energy so that she could move faster, but that brought with it a lightening of her attitude: not kindness, but a certain happiness and volubility. "Clearly I'm here to stop you blowing up any more of the city. I mean why even ask what my problem is? You must think I'm gullible enough to believe you didn't do it, so one of us has the mental capacity of brain damaged goat, and here's a clue, it's not me!"

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 05:53 PM
"You know, the fact that you seem so cheery right now while you're trying to hack me into pieces makes you look like something right out of the Uncanny Valley. Look, we didn't start the fire. We were trying to put out the fire, and it seems our plan did work but not in a way that would cause as little collateral damage as possible, which is what I'd like. Who started the fire was a guy who calls himself "Showtime", and he entered a fire truck and ran away. If you want, I can try to reach him, and you and Lara with me. We can stop the son of a bitch, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do that if you keep turning me into hamburguer meat."

MrE
2014-06-14, 06:18 PM
Twilight

Jessica halted, and let her swords hang by her side. She watched the boy skeptically. The Light was still running through her, but now she drew on the Dark to match it: jokes did not suit the purpose of justice. "Find this 'Showtime', or I will find you." She spun and opened a gateway to the roof of a nearby building and stepped, before looking back to see where the others would go. The Light had given them a chance to prove themselves, but they would only have this one chance.

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 06:22 PM
"Lara, are you ready? We've only got this one chance, and I need you to hold me at while we're flying - otherwise, you might fall."

ExperimentAlpha
2014-06-14, 06:34 PM
"Uhm, hey, if there's a bad guy who needs stopping then I'd be willing to pitch in...Just no more lightning, OK?" Ryan put his hands on his hips, descending slowly. "The name's Starburst, by the way."

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 06:38 PM
"Yeah, it's kinda hard to stop with the lightning when all your powers are lightning or thunder. I guess you'll have to wear rubber boots while you're near me, uh?. Name's Thunderstruck."

ExperimentAlpha
2014-06-14, 06:51 PM
"....Just don't hit me and I'll be fine." Starbust shuddered. "So, where'd this 'Showtime' head off to? Sounds like a guy who'd make a spectacle like this."

GPuzzle
2014-06-14, 06:54 PM
Thomas points to Lara, taking care not to release an electric charge towards her.

"She's the one who knows where he went."

redzimmer
2014-06-14, 07:32 PM
Showtime

"Oh yes we got trouble, right here in River City..." Showtime hums as he sprints away from the blast.

Seeing a crowd of oddities gather (how did all these schmucks learn to fly?) around his latest smash hit, his Get Outta Dodge sense started tingling.

He contemplated doffing his costume to blend in with the rablle, but quickly dismissed it as out-of-character. No. Showtime needs pizazz. However...

Showtime pushes the minds of a pair of young men nearby to open a manhole cover. An underground retreat would be preferable to being beaten to death by a hostile mob of jumped-up extras.

ooc: will be very limited for couple days. Let's just say Showtime Slunk off to find like-minded supes?

hoplathemightly
2014-06-14, 10:36 PM
"I'm Azanna, and I'm a shepherd of sorts," she stated before flying towards the two police officers. She played her flute and took control of them, in order to then relieve them of their mental bondage.

She replied to Scott, "it seems like they were under the control of another."

"A shepherd?" Scott followed Azanna with his eyes as she flew over to the police officers. Should I trust her? Scott wondered as he moved to put out the last remnants of the fire.

"So Azanna, you say they were mind controlled?" Scott ran to the police officers as they were shaking off the effects of whatever mind control they were under. Looking to Azanna, "The name's Scott." He turns to the cops, "Officer's, I'm Synapse, I arrived here to put out the fire, but whomever ran the fire engine into the gas station seems to have slipped away, do you remember anything from before you were stunned?"

"Only briefly," said the man on the left, "It was a man, dressed oddly, like a dance outfit. That's all I can remember right now."

"Thoughts? Azanna?" Scott looked at Azanna, he had more concerns about finding the source of the intelligence behind these bombings, but this mystery arsonist was another matter all together.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-14, 11:08 PM
After snapping the piece of armor he rips off the battle bot head removing a chip that contain it data upon reviewing it data showing partial movement of the trucks allowing him to find out the current position of Nightshade while hearing about others who are fighting over the gaurd radio.

(Ooc: sorry if i am a bit off track posting from phone so will edit it later tommorow)

Eloi
2014-06-15, 12:31 AM
"Indeed... they were under a thrall of some being or another," Azanna said quietly, almost to herself with her eyes cast downward, before she landed gently next to him and perked up a bit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you 'Scott'," she said, sounding his name out oddly.

"I think I should scout the area for the abuser responsible of this before more little ones get hurt. Are you capable of assisting me? And do you have the desire to do so?"

NineOfSpades
2014-06-15, 09:03 AM
OOC: Posted from mobile phone

Lara was having a bit of trouble keeping up. First this new girl appears and starts dps-ing all over the place, then another gentleman falls out of the sky. One second everyone is at each others throats, the next second a peace treaty is struck and tensions stand down.See, this here is exactly why I like turn based games. You don't' need lightning reflexes just to keep up with everything that's happening

"She's the one who knows where he went."

I wish you wouldn't say it like that. I only saw which way he ran drove off. But he has a pretty big head start, I doubt I could find him now" she explained, flustered st the recent developments. It also wasn't helping her self confidence, seeing that everyone else's level was 10 or more points above hers.

"Just give me a sec, I'll see what I can do" Lara exclaimed. "Open quest log"

Lara looked as thewindow appeared. Sure enough, the current objective read that she was supposed to find and defeat Showtime. Lara had hoped there would be some kind off 'show quest marker' button, that would guide her to the next objective. No luck on that end, however.

Running low on options, Lara walked over to where Showtime had hijacked the fire engine. There were skidmarks on the ground leading off towards the downtown area. Lara knelt down to examine them closer. As she did so, a popup window appeared before her.

Through a special action, a new skill has been created

Track: LVL 1
Your keen awareness for your surrounding allows you to trail your target over long distances, no matter how they try and hide.

Displays target location for 5 minutes per use
Cost: 25MP
Higher levels allow you to follow fainter trails.

"Sweet! I got a new skill Lara shouted, triumphantly. Running back to her friends, she looked far more confident then she had a moment prior.I can find him now, let's go. Track!

Before Lar as eyes, an arrow appeared in the distance, pointing towards Show times location

GPuzzle
2014-06-15, 01:05 PM
"Alright, one, two, three..."

Thunderstruck readied up the positions of his hands on the bass. He had done this a thousand times before. But never with more than one person - him.

"Stay close to me."

A booming wave, both of thunder and bass, proppeled the three of them upwards and forwards.

MrE
2014-06-15, 01:16 PM
Twilight

Jessica watched the three blast forwards, propelled by something. She turned in their direction and opened a gateway to the next non-burning building and began to run, leaping through one portal before opening the next, hopping from building to building fast enough to keep pace with the three 'heroes'.

Alhendors
2014-06-15, 01:59 PM
Samuel finally snapped out of his daze just in time to see three people, two of which he had already met seemingly blast off into the air. "Most peculiar," is all he could say as he staggered to his feet, still a little shaken by the blast and a slight amount of blood loss from the small shrapnel marks.

Well... Seems I'm alone again. Walking towards the most open area and scanning his environment Samuel processed what he should do next.

Lightning Fast
2014-06-15, 04:38 PM
Tim has just landed in front of Leon and slowly approaches him.

You know, I'm not sure that now's the time to be stealing from police officers. What do you need the weapons for?

"Hey man, I don't want no trouble..." Leon said, "I'm one of the good-guys. Just need some weapons. I mean, I did save that cop from the fire... I'm not some mutant dude, just trying to survive." It was at that point he realized that his sleeve was still on fire from when he'd reached into the car to pull out the officer. "Okay... so I've got a few powers. You heard of Nightshade? Insane little girl, looks like she's twelve years old, about to drop dead, powerful telepath... well, she's something of a supervillain. Only seen her once, but she's super dangerous. Capable of long-distance mind control and **** like that. I don't have time to chat; I've gotta get out of here. Maybe stop Nightshade on the way. I mean, she can't really hurt me, so what's the use of not trying? Now if you'll excuse me..." Before Leon ran off again, he paused with realization. "Yannow, I've no idea what the **** I'm doing. By the way, my name's Le-... er... Meatshield. My name's Meatshield and my powers are super-lame by comparison to some of the other freaks in this city."

As he tore off his burning sleeves to reveal his well-muscled arms, he was graced with an epic power chord from somewhere in the distance, and the image of three figures flying overhead. "Oh ****, he's got the power of rock and roll! That is awesome!"

((OOC: Hey guys. I was in the old game, and I'm back again. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17367126&postcount=26) is a link to my sheet.))

hoplathemightly
2014-06-15, 10:26 PM
"I think I should scout the area for the abuser responsible of this before more little ones get hurt. Are you capable of assisting me? And do you have the desire to do so?"

"Capable? Yeah you could say that. I see no reason not to, the fire here is barely embers I highly doubt it'll catch again. Any way of locating this mystery man?"

A loud crack of thunder shook the street, Woah, that's one **** of a thunderstorm building. Scott thought to himself looking up at the sky towards the sound. He squinted, there was a bluish bolt of lightning arching across the sky. It almost looked like there was some depth and solidity to the thing.

"Uhh, do you see that? Is it just me or does that lightning look odd."

Scott's mind raced at the implications, more powered individuals, good or bad, that didn't really matter. He pulled more concrete into himself from beneath his feet, digging a trench out from the sidewalk. Maybe some tar would be helpful too, after all this Azanna seems to make good use of the stuff, at least, I think the black stuff she's using is tar.... Scott steps up out of the trench and onto the road as the bolt gets closer, pulling the asphalt into his body, causing his whole figure to swell. Scott redefines his shape, stretching taller and bulkier, overall more intimidating. Gotta make a good first impression, or at least a lasting one.

Eloi
2014-06-15, 11:52 PM
"I wonder if it's related to the Mystery Man," she said, as if Scott had formally dubbed the culprit that, before flying towards the direction of the sound with him with several flaps of her bat wings. "Do you want to be a part of a group... um... the precise name escapes me... it's kind of like a cult, but with less veneration and chanting? More cooperation and pursuit of a mutual goal?"

Raunchel
2014-06-16, 06:43 AM
The truck comes to a halt, having reached the old warehouse that Nigthshade has converted into her base of operations. She jumps out, mentally giving the instructions. There are dozens of large reaction vats, already brought to the correct temperature. Her minions have been instructed well enough, and they will do the task. She would prefer it is there were no loose ends, only dead bodies, but she still needs them, for when the real work starts. When the dulfur dichloride is added she walks away, while all her people wear their protective clothing. It would be bad luck to kill them before the weapon will be unleashed. The stupid doctors said that it would be dangerous to let her read certain things, they never thought that letting the girl study chemistry would have such consequences. Just a few days of continual hard work, not by her of course, just by her people, she will enjoy the chaos of these days, the small chaos to come before the storm. The feelings become stronger and stronger, she can't stop them from coming, all shouting through each other, either in mortal fear or in the most mundane mediocrity. The silence will come, she knows it, she wants it. Their thoughts will be united in one common purpose, at least for a few days. She wonders what it will feel like, to have turned the minds of every human being in the whole city to one point. She will be that focus, she has to be. And they will pay for what they did to her. But first she must ensure that they cannot leave the city before the assigned time.

She closes her eyes, feeling the motions of everyone in the city. There are so-called heroes, trying to stop it. They will have to be stopped before they can damage her real plans. They have to be distracted, just for a few days. Of course, they will come for her when she has announced everything to the world, they have to be destroyed before them. They are strong, she has noticed that, they might resist her. They simply must die.

Another mind, yes, that is the mind she needs. She looks closer, there are a few. That is good. They want chaos, they want death. She will give it to them.

Nightshade reaches out to these dark, some might say, villainous, minds: "Hello... I am Nightshade, these explosions, these fires, they are my work. More will follow, I promise you that. Join me, and this city will know true horror. Join me, and I shall reward you beyond your wildest dreams. They hunt you, they despise you, but I feel the greatness in you. There are those who call themselves heroes, they want this to end. That cannot happen. I am waiting for you, meet me under the bridge in Clearwater Park."

Alhendors
2014-06-16, 07:28 AM

Scott steps up out of the trench and onto the road as the bolt gets closer, pulling the asphalt into his body, causing his whole figure to swell. Scott redefines his shape, stretching taller and bulkier, overall more intimidating. Gotta make a good first impression, or at least a lasting one.
Samuel saw the seemingly unnatural figure of a man, whoever this was he was clearly not normal, then again was anybody he met today normal? Making a mental note to begin researching into the cause and effects of this sudden outbreak of supernatural activity he began to walk towards the figure. Before he could introduce himself to the man he stopped cold in his tracks, feeling... Something not before experienced in his mind.

"Hello... I am Nightshade, these explosions, these fires, they are my work. More will follow, I promise you that. Join me, and this city will know true horror. Join me, and I shall reward you beyond your wildest dreams. They hunt you, they despise you, but I feel the greatness in you. There are those who call themselves heroes, they want this to end. That cannot happen. I am waiting for you, meet me under the bridge in Clearwater Park."

Clutching his head and stumbling a little, Samuel found it difficult to compose himself, the prospect of chaos and death was irrelevant as such things are simply inevitable... But one thing the voice said did stand out to him, a thought that he had adopted ever since his gifts. They will hunt us. It is inevitable that Humans will destroy what is different out of pathetic fear.

Snapping out of it, he dusted off his trench-coat and attempted to cover his numerous scars in whatever way he could before looking towards Scott. "And just who are you?"

hoplathemightly
2014-06-16, 09:44 AM
Snapping out of it, he dusted off his trench-coat and attempted to cover his numerous scars in whatever way he could before looking towards Scott. "And just who are you?"

Scott watched the bolt trace across the sky, then heard a new voice. He turned to see a man wearing a torn and burnt trench coat, coming down the road from the same direction that the lightning had originated. Ok there are far too many people walking around these streets demanding names and such. Scott thought to himself. Still he turned to regard this man, hoping Azanna would keep an eye on that bolt.

"You can call me Synapse! Who are you? Friend?" Scott shouted back to the man. Scott began shifting molecule around to fortify his musculature and bones, forming small layers of rock and crystal beneath key striking points. Just in case things turned hairy.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-16, 12:06 PM
Harald beings to move seeing a group of people flying in air whle the cyborg stands talkinng to himself so he sits on on roof near where he can hear in a noticable spot wearing a black armored suit. " Turn to her is like playing with death in the face in the my friend" he says over the cyborg radio.

Alhendors
2014-06-16, 12:29 PM

"You can call me Synapse! Who are you? Friend?"
"My name is Samuel Taylor... And it appears we are not alone," Sam quickly spun as his personal comm bead cracked to life, How in blazes did someone reach this channel?

Harald beings to move seeing a group of people flying in air whle the cyborg stands talkinng to himself so he sits on on roof near where he can hear in a noticable spot wearing a black armored suit. " Turn to her is like playing with death in the face in the my friend" he says over the cyborg radio.

"Show yourself!" Samuel shouted to the surroundings, quickly scanning the environment for any signs of somebody else before looking over his shoulder at Synapse. "Any friends of yours supposed to be here? Because someone's watching us."

DemonZoZo
2014-06-16, 01:00 PM
"Show yourself!" Samuel shouted to the surroundings, quickly scanning the environment for any signs of somebody else before looking over his shoulder at Synapse. "Any friends of yours supposed to be here? Because someone's watching us."

" Don't be hasty just ask Nightshade who you are chatting with Samuel Taylor have a nice day and tell her I have a deal for her. If you would like anything contect me on the same signal, one other thing beware because if you follow her your mind becomes a dark place for of death, fear, hate, saddness, and finally pain" he cuts off signal disppearing from sight of view.

redzimmer
2014-06-16, 01:12 PM
Showtime

Sweet musical word seep into Showtime's mind and he sits in the sewer.

"...I am waiting for you, meet me under the bridge in Clearwater Park."

Purpose...

Almost giddy with anticipation, Showtime sends out a random command to anyone nearby: OPEN THE MANHOLE COVER. Eventually one of the "extras" in this production opens the cover nearest Showtime.

Emerging slightly more fragrant than whence he went downward, he gives his would-be liberator a new command.

THE PEOPLE WHO ARE CAUSING THIS DISASTER ARE BEING LED BY A YOUNG WOMAN.

He adds his mental picture of That Girl who attacked him, That Girl who new his old name...

Since no names were exchanged, he simply refers to Lara as "That Girl," you see.

SHE MAY HAVE OTHERS HELPING HER. YOU ARE THE CITY'S ONLY HOPE.

Handing this nobody one of the pistols he took off the police officers, he turns to leave.

"One more thing, can you point me towards Clearwater Park?"
Given his flair for the dramatic, Showtime often gives vague mental commands that can be completely misinterpreted. So if you encounter this gun-toting mindslave, feel free to interpret as suits you.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-16, 03:29 PM

"Friends?" Scott turns to Azanna, "Just her. Why do you ask?" Scott eyes the surroundings expecting something to leap out at any moment, Taylor's cry was quite convincing. Maybe there was someone there, watching them.

"What are you doing here?"

DemonZoZo
2014-06-16, 04:25 PM

Appears in front of Scott saying " I am merely the after effect of a horrible life that had been extracted to surface only a couple weeks ago by the very same person who caused this and she very powerful my only target is her. Your cyborg here is a clueless one".

"you get one more answer before I leave here"

Kaynebot
2014-06-16, 04:33 PM
When the explosions happened Victor was training, beating the pulp out of an old worn punching bag with slashes and stab marks throughout it. On the ground beside it was an odd array of weapons, a brick knife, copper whip, and an assortment of throwing knives. The explosion happened in the distance, Victor was surprised but blew it off, his mind focused. He was still learning his powers and spent hours practicing since he learned of them.

Some time after he heard the explosion, and already forgot about it, he heard the voice in his head. Immediately going into fight mode jumping and grabbing the chain connecting the punching bag to the ceiling. When he landed the chain was a spiked brass knuckle plating his hand and forearm and he was facing the doorway to his little apartment. Halfway through the sentence he realized it was a message through his mind. He listened not immediately discounting it. It was a proposition. Victor stood still for a minute before grabbing his studded trench coat. The park wasn't too far away so he started to walk there. Rolling one of his rings around his finger ready at a seconds notice to turn it into a small throwing weapon

Eloi
2014-06-16, 05:05 PM
"Friends?" Scott turns to Azanna, "Just her. Why do you ask?" Scott eyes the surroundings expecting something to leap out at any moment, Taylor's cry was quite convincing. Maybe there was someone there, watching them.

"That's the word: 'friends'!" she stated happily, in response to her earlier question and without much regard to the developing situation. She desperately needed to work on her attentiveness, although it was somewhat difficult because her vision would be regularly besieged by the phantasms of a world with non-Euclidian geometry and blotches of otherworldly colors, accentuated by guttural rumblings booming in her ears.

Raunchel
2014-06-17, 07:56 AM
Nightshade sits under the bridge in Clearwater Park. She chose this place for a few reasons, it is central in the city, there actually is space under it, and she can't be seen with ease. She still feels and hears th effects of what she has unleashed. She waits for the first to arrive. She knows that not all will come, and some might even come to kill her. But that won't be a problem, she can escape, like she has done before. And there will be those who will help her, there have to be.

There was someone there before she arrived. But she wasn't one of those she had invited, just someone without a house. She wonders, do all people without a house live under bridges? Maybe she should have asked before drowning the smelly woman. But then again, the smell was terrible, and the fear wonderful. She has put on nice clothes, at least, she considers them to be nice. She wears a white dress which actually is in her size, she took it only a few days before, one of her minions was just the right size for her. Of course, this girl doesn't need the clothes anymore, she was too close to one of the bombs when it went off.

Shoes remain a complication, she never gets around to finding out how to put them on. People seem to use knots for it, but she doesn't know how to make them. She has found a pair of so-called ballerinas, which don't have this annoying tendency, but she doesn't really like them, she would rather walk on her bare feet, if it weren't for the unpleasant surface.

She turns around in circles, waiting for her guests to arrive.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-17, 08:58 AM
"That's the word: 'friends'!"

Turning away from the armoured man to look at Azanna, "A 'friends' club?"

Scott turned his gaze back towards the black armoured person, "You said you knew who started this, who is it and what does she have to do with him?" Scott points a finger at Taylor.

Eloi
2014-06-17, 10:39 AM
"Or a team!" said Azanna, before sharpening her focus back to the target of Scott's query, "Yeah, what do you know about the Mystery Man?"

I wonder if I could dominate their mind...

NineOfSpades
2014-06-17, 11:46 AM

"Alright, one, two, three..."

Thunderstruck readied up the positions of his hands on the bass. He had done this a thousand times before. But never with more than one person - him.

"Stay close to me."

A momentary feeling of uncertainty gripped Lara, prompting her to ask "Wait...what exactly are you going to"

She never got the chance to finish that sentence, as the massive sound wave erupted from nowhere, overpowering any other sound, and blasting her skyward with a tremendous force.

Kaynebot
2014-06-17, 12:05 PM
After a few minutes of walking Victor enters the park. So far he hasn't seen anything crazy. He was nervous about the meeting because he had already used his battle form and if he had to use it again so soon, it might be too exhausting. But as long as he played his cards right he'd be fine. Walking through the park he broke a spiked stud off, twirling it in his fingers. He stopped thinking about his concerns and started focusing on being aware. Reaching the bridge he taps the metal stud on the wall continuosly as he walks around to go underneath of it.

GPuzzle
2014-06-17, 12:13 PM
A momentary feeling of uncertainty gripped Lara, prompting her to ask "Wait...what exactly are you going to"

She never got the chance to finish that sentence, as the massive sound wave erupted from nowhere, overpowering any other sound, and blasting her skyward with a tremendous force.

"Alright, tell me where he went! I'll try to steer this carefully so none of us will fall!"

Alhendors
2014-06-17, 12:49 PM

"You said you knew who started this, who is it and what does she have to do with him?" Scott points a finger at Taylor.

"I..." Samuel stopped himself before he continued, perhaps it would be best if he didn't reveal what he just learned from the Telepathic message, "I never said I knew who was behind all this, although I did run into the man who supposedly started the fire in this particular building. He ran off before I could get any information but I've been told he calls himself Showtime."

Yeah, what do you know about the Mystery Man?"

"Like I said to your friend, I don't have much of a clue. I'm not even sure Showtime was behind the entire thing... Call it a hunch."

Eloi
2014-06-17, 01:42 PM
"Fair enough, although I was not aware that the Mystery Man is also known as Showtime," Azanna said, looking around him for any signs of trouble elsewhere.

"We would welcome your participation in our mandate to find him," she added.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-17, 08:01 PM
Turning away from the armoured man to look at Azanna, "A 'friends' club?"

Scott turned his gaze back towards the black armoured person, "You said you knew who started this, who is it and what does she have to do with him?" Scott points a finger at Taylor.

" Why ask me who they are when they plan something horrible what a waste of a question now, time to answer give an answer Scott " nodding his head in disgust". Her name is Nightshade who wants you guys dead to the ground buried torn apart by limb and your cyborg is the weapon to stop her yet he still must pick a side because he a neutral party member like me".

"Or a team!" said Azanna, before sharpening her focus back to the target of Scott's query, "Yeah, what do you know about the Mystery Man?"

I wonder if I could dominate their mind...

" Know nothing about him at all sorry new mutated people" jumping off into to distance heading to the trucks that where stolen.

You can't even tell who he is looking at now

NineOfSpades
2014-06-17, 11:14 PM
Metro (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17642746&postcount=222)

Some days it just dosn't pay to get out of bed Sarah thought to herself. The young woman was current racing down midtown bulivard, the speedometer on her bike clocking in at almost 100mph. Thats the kind of speed that would be crazy even under the best conditions.

Today was not the best conditions.

The streets were bloated arteries, clogged thick with cars and pedestrians. Everybody running and screaming, trying to make sense of a world that's gone to hell. In that reguard, they wern't all that different from Sarah, she too had little idea of what was happening to the city. Only real differance was that Sarah was racing in the opposite direction, heading deeper into the city.

How'd I get caught up in this crap? She asked herself as her bike roared along, dodging between an overturned hotdog stand and the erupting geyser of a cracked fire hydrant.

The answer to Sarah's question was actually quite simple. She'd been walking back from the corner convince store a block from her appartment, scarfing down saltine crackers and some new, over-the-counter medication that was supposed to help with the hangover she was still nursing from the previous evening. She'd gotten lucky though, because it was that moment she got to watch her apartment building go up in a ball of fire.

Her first thought was confusion, that and shock. These two feelings were quickly joined by disbelief, with rage bringing up the rear. All her worldly possessions, minus her bike and the loose change in the back pocket of her denim shorts, had been in the old red brick building. And now that was gone. Hell, if she hadn't rolled out of bed in search of something to deal with the jack hammering inside her skull, Sarah probably would have been on top of the cinder pile.

Hangover or no, Sarah stepped up and did something she rarely managed to accomplish. She actually helped people. Walls were torn down and made into exits, letting people flee the fires and onto the streets. She directed them out and away, evacuating the area as best she could, even as the rumble of other explosions hit. It felt like time had gotten punch-drunk from the blast, because the minutes seemed to drag on and on, each second stretched out as a thousand and one things needed to happen, all in an effort to keep as many people alive.

Sarah was lucky, she managed to clear out her neighborhood and get the people there to safety. Now she was off towards the next district, knowing there had to be more people still trapped. She cranked the handlebar, feeling the acceleration kick as the motorbikes engine throttled faster. In front of her, a car swerved into the oncoming traffic lane. In response, Sarah banked hard to the left, swerving to turn onto a side street. As she did so, the road underneath her bike buckled and lurched upwards, twisting into a banked curve, which funneled her onto the side road without costing Sarah and of her speed. Gotta love that she thought with a smirk, enjoying the feel of power it gave her to shape the city like that. The roadway began to relax, Its job finished, and quickly settled back down, once again laying flat and smooth.

Sarah noted that for a moment, it felt like she'd passed into a different world entirely. The side street was almost deserted; no cars, no fleeing mothers with crying babies held tight in their arms, no dogs barking wildly at the sky. Just a barren stretch of road. In the split second of peace and quiet amid the turmoil, Sarah allowed herself to feel a sense of accomplishment. It was nice to not be a complete f*** up for once, to actually succeed in helping someone rather than just gliding by looking out for number one.

Making another turn, this time heading north, Sarah came round the corner and spotted a group of three people standing in the roadway. Her tires screamed as she gripped the brake tightly, skidding to a halt about 20 or so yards from the group. She managed to stop just in time to catch the tail end of some conversation.

...Her name is Nightshade who wants you guys dead to the ground buried torn apart by limb and your cyborg is the weapon to stop her yet he still must pick a side because he a neutral party member like me".

" Know nothing about him at all sorry new mutated people"

Then out of nowhere the guy talking lept into the air and went flying off into the distance. Sarah stumbled back, momentarily reeling with surprise. It didn't last more than a moment thought, before she returned her attention to the remaining two, a man and a woman (OOC: Samuel and Azanna).

"Not sure what that was" She began, indiciating the direction the guy had jumped off towards "But its not important. What the heck are you two still doing here? This area is dangerous, you need to evacuate." Pointing back the way she'd come from, Sarah added "Traffic on 5th street is backed up pretty bad, it'll probably be quicker to stick to the side routes. I can escort you if need be"

Eloi
2014-06-17, 11:55 PM
"Not sure what that was" She began, indiciating the direction the guy had jumped off towards "But its not important. What the heck are you two still doing here? This area is dangerous, you need to evacuate." Pointing back the way she'd come from, Sarah added "Traffic on 5th street is backed up pretty bad, it'll probably be quicker to stick to the side routes. I can escort you if need be"

"We are a part of a team endeavoring to disclose the origin of this bedlam," she replied with a similar professional intonation, "however I can assist with evacuation efforts if need be."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-18, 12:26 AM
Metro (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17642746&postcount=222)

"We are a part of a team endeavoring to disclose the origin of this bedlam,"

"That so?" Sarah commented, a bit confused at how calm this woman was being in the midst of the chaos.

"however I can assist with evacuation efforts if need be."

Sarah smirked, looking the girl over from head to toe. With the makeup on her face, and that waist length hair filled with odds and ends, the girl had to be some kind of hippie or something. Sarah, being able to bend the city to her will in the most literal sense possible, had serious doubts that some granola crunching tree hugger could seriously help her with getting people to safty. "I appriciate the offer, but I don't think you'll be much help to me. Really, you need to get moving before another bomb goes off"

((OOC: Not trying to be mean. Sarah is just a bit...rough around the edges))

Eloi
2014-06-18, 01:50 AM

"That so?" Sarah commented, a bit confused at how calm this woman was being in the midst of the chaos.

Sarah smirked, looking the girl over from head to toe. With the makeup on her face, and that waist length hair filled with odds and ends, the girl had to be some kind of hippie or something. Sarah, being able to bend the city to her will in the most literal sense possible, had serious doubts that some granola crunching tree hugger could seriously help her with getting people to safty. "I appriciate the offer, but I don't think you'll be much help to me. Really, you need to get moving before another bomb goes off"

((OOC: Not trying to be mean. Sarah is just a bit...rough around the edges))

"You do not need to concern yourself with my welfare, little one," Azanna said, "but if you would prefer to work alone I understand. I shall do my own surveying of the area."

She then sprouted her large bat-like wings, flapping upward and spontaneously transfiguring parts of her body to a black gelatinous substance to reduce weight before looking down.

"Maybe you both can scope out the area terrestrially?" she said, still eager to form some sort of team.

[OOC: Haha, I understand!]

Raunchel
2014-06-18, 06:58 AM
Nightshade feels the first approach. She turns in the direction that he will come from. Just when he turns around the corner the drowned woman surfaces again. Why can't she just stay down where she was sent? She con't control it anymore, not now that the mind is gone. It makes her smile, it has become material in full.

"Hello, Warrior. I am Nightshade, and I have felt your mind. The city is falling, but this is only the beginning. I have a plan, a plan that will leave me and all those special beings who join me very, very rich. I intend to hold this city hostage for a considerable sum, but as you will doubtlessly be aware, there are some people with special powers who consider themselves to be what they call, heroes. They will stand in the way of this plan, and I want you to help little Nightshade with eliminating them."

Kaynebot
2014-06-18, 07:27 AM
Warrior stops the tapping as he turns the corner. Holding the stud loose with just enough tension to be able to flick his wrist and send it flying like shrapnel. Seeing the dead women float up and this Nightshade smile, makes him grim. "She couldn't have been much of a challenge" he comments off handedly, "Ransoming an entire city, quite a feat. If I'm going to help you, I need a reason. Senseless mayhem and murder was never my thing, and they are plenty of others way to get the money I need. So what can you offer? " Warrior stated bluntly what he was deliberating, he already knew one answer to the last question, but he wanted to see what Nightshade to offer.

Raunchel
2014-06-18, 07:42 AM
"She indeed was no challenge, only an annoyance, like there are so many in this world. There are many things that I can offer you, but let me start with the simplest, I don't offer small sums that could be robbed at any moment. I am speaking about billions of dollars, for each person who helps me.", she tilts her head, "But there is something that you want more than mere wealth. You want a challenge. You want to fight. I offer that opportunity, to break those who stand in your way. To be a true warrior. To be feared by all."

hoplathemightly
2014-06-18, 08:04 AM
"You do not need to concern yourself with my welfare, little one," Azanna said, "but if you would prefer to work alone I understand. I shall do my own surveying of the area."

She then sprouted her large bat-like wings, flapping upward and spontaneously transfiguring parts of her body to a black gelatinous substance to reduce weight before looking down.

"Maybe you both can scope out the area terrestrially?" she said, still eager to form some sort of team.

Scott watched as Azanna took to the air, another addition to the party, so many moving gears. The black armoured man was little more than a brief reprieve from chaos, but he did give one bit of useful information, a name.

"Azanna there's something bigger going on in the city, I'm going to try to put it together. Where do you want to fit into this team?" Scott turns to Samuel, "And you, Taylor, tell me why that strange guy seemed to think you had the means to thwarting this catastrophe, I think it's best if we work together to put an end to this." Then Scott addressed the newcomer, the woman sitting upon a motorbike. "Ma'am, you seem pretty sure of yourself and unsure of us, I'm not sure what your goals are, but we, Scott points to Azanna and Samuel, just heard some disturbing yet convoluted news. Acting upon this news will save many lives." Scott regarded the woman, waiting for some indication of her allegiances.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-18, 08:10 AM

"You do not need to concern yourself with my welfare, little one,"

Who the hell is she calling 'little one'? She's got maybe 2 inches on me, tops. And who the Heck talks like that? She must be a nutjob or something

"Maybe you both can scope out the area terrestrially?"

Sarah stepped back, out of suprise and a bit of fear at what she was seeing. "Holy ****!" Her exclimation was quickly followed by a thought racing across the inside of her skull. Demon Hippie!?! "Demon Hippie!"

Not stoping to think, Sarah reached out to the city around her, feeling the glass surrounding her and pulling it out so she could put it to work. Windshields, Rear view mirrors, Windows, TV screens. Dozens of panes of glass all shattered at once, the collective crash was like a burst of gunfire. But even after the glass shattered into hundreds of razor sharp fragments, none of it fell. Instead they hung suspended in the air, awaiting the moment to strike

Seeing the other two were, stupidly, just standing around and not reacting to the fact that the girl had just turned into some Lovecraft-ian monster, Sarah shouted "GET DOWN YOU IDIOTS!" she shouted, before going on the offensive.

From every direction, the glass launched itself at Azanna, like a hailstorm of razor blades, slicing through air and flesh alike with equal ease.

Lightning Fast
2014-06-18, 08:52 AM
This is all going way above and beyond what Tim was expecting. He'd had a suspicion that there were more superhumans flying under the radar in the city, but not this many. The chaos at the plant was drawing everyone out. Tim swallowed, tried to stay calm, to project a degree of confidence he really didn't feel right now.

"Call me Ti...uh...gravi...(no that sucks)....Vertigo. Yeah, I'm Vertigo and I'm really not here to fight, and I really don't want to get involved with any psychics. Here's the plan, search and rescue. I'm looking for survivors, casualties, anyone in trouble. I go in, fly them out. Can you help?"

"Eh, sure. Seems more productive than running around looking for nothing. Leon stretched his arms back to prepare for the upcoming challenges. "Like I said, I'm invincible. Just drop me into whatever hazards happen to be around and we can fish the civilians out together. Let's hurry, though! You can lift me, right?"

Eloi
2014-06-18, 09:26 AM

Who the hell is she calling 'little one'? She's got maybe 2 inches on me, tops. And who the Heck talks like that? She must be a nutjob or something

Sarah stepped back, out of suprise and a bit of fear at what she was seeing. "Holy ****!" Her exclimation was quickly followed by a thought racing across the inside of her skull. Demon Hippie!?! "Demon Hippie!"

Not stoping to think, Sarah reached out to the city around her, feeling the glass surrounding her and pulling it out so she could put it to work. Windshields, Rear view mirrors, Windows, TV screens. Dozens of panes of glass all shattered at once, the collective crash was like a burst of gunfire. But even after the glass shattered into hundreds of razor sharp fragments, none of it fell. Instead they hung suspended in the air, awaiting the moment to strike

Seeing the other two were, stupidly, just standing around and not reacting to the fact that the girl had just turned into some Lovecraft-ian monster, Sarah shouted "GET DOWN YOU IDIOTS!" she shouted, before going on the offensive.

From every direction, the glass launched itself at Azanna, like a hailstorm of razor blades, slicing through air and flesh alike with equal ease.

Azanna instantaneously became a black blob that painlessly absorbed most of the glass, before shifting her mass inward, allowing all of the shards to fall to the ground.

She shapeshifted back into her solid form and giggled a bit, "No no, my name is not 'Demon Hippie', it is Azanna. Az-ann-a. So you do not have to be scared, okay?" She dropped to the ground, and offered her hand slowly.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-18, 09:50 AM

Scott's eyes went wide as the shards did nothing to harm Azanna. Regardless, this woman had just assaulted someone who had been more than willing to assist just a moment before, she was clearly over reactive. Scott shifted the molecules in his body, hardening his flesh and bones, don't want to be grievously injured.

"Calm yourself! Azanna is not a threat, she aided me in quelling the fires that were raging mere minutes ago. We just want to rid this city of it's ailment!

redzimmer
2014-06-18, 11:46 AM

A Random Guy With a Gun

"I am the city's only hope. I am the city's only hope. I am the city's only hope. I am the city's only hope."

The man chants over and over again. The Beautiful Man who he rescued from the sewer explained it all to him so clearly.

Then suddenly a crash of thunder, and by some divine coincidence, the very person the Beautiful Man lands at his feet.

Is she dead? Unconscious? The man never bothered to check.

Leveling the pistol at the prone woman, he fires.

And fires.

And fires.

He stands dumbly as the last full chamber looses its cartridge. Now the only sound is the empty click, click, click and the enthralled man continues to fire his gun at the woman.

If you change you mind and want to keep Avatar, could merely be a flesh wound...

redzimmer
2014-06-18, 11:55 AM
Showtime

It was a tough slog through the ruined city, but finally Showtime found his way to the bridge in Clearwater Park.

Even as he arrived he saw someone else. No, two someones else. He knew her the moment he saw her that this was Nightshade, the sweet voice in his head.

Such presence! Now she is a star!

He chose to stay out of sight and hear her proposal to the burly man before introducing himself. It was rude to step on someone else's lines after all. Once she finished her conversation with the "Warrior", he reached out and touched her mind.

I KNOW YOU CAN RESIST ME, I CAN FEEL YOUR POWER. BUT YOUR VOICE WAS SO SWEET IN MY HEAD I COULD NOT RESIST BUT TO ANSWER IN KIND.

He steps into view and measures Nightshade and Warrior.

"Hello," he says. "I am Showtime. Let's make this town bleed."

Alhendors
2014-06-18, 12:43 PM
Now's my chance. These lot are too focused on arguing to actually get to the bottom of this mess... Sam almost grinned at the chaos between the others around him, in truth he was surprised by the supposed powers of the new arrivals but being a man of logic his mind decided that the shock would not effect his calm.

If there's any way I'm going to get answers it's from Nightshade herself. He thought to himself as he quickly backed away, using the chaos between the new arrivals to get away as undetected as possible, of course he had no way to account for Metro's enhanced awareness. Once he got a few meters further Sam turned and dashed through the rubble, making his way around any obstacles with the agility that matched the best non-mutant Humanity had to offer.

Kaynebot
2014-06-18, 01:04 PM
Warrior was about to reply when another showed up. He sized up Showtime mentally for fighting capabilities, and to be sure he folded his arms making sure both hands rested on a metal stud on his jacket. Responding to Nightshade "I'll think on the offer." He knows he has to be careful with what he says now that there are two of them and more could easily show up. "Why make the town bleed? Make the heroes "bleed" but the town, that's not a real fight. Its like slaughtering cattle nothing to it, no real reward."

DemonZoZo
2014-06-18, 01:46 PM
Turn on his radio " Hey cyborg this is my good bye massage now look in your data banks with this signal and you will find a program that me and partner made a few days ago. The function of it is to mass shutdown of all military weapons and codes to a file transfering a couple billion dollars to your bank account my task for you is to stop my prototype sprayers and donate that money to re-build the city that all you need to do because Nightshade plans I don't know what they are, but it not good so consider the safety of the city and it people for she does not understand why the voices won't stop so it drives her insane".

Moving closer to the truck smashing into it to place a amplifcation device inside the prototype sprayer " Use your robot side to shutdown your thoughts and only use technology for now on it the safest way possible, good bye now everything set up for you just get some extra help when the time comes".

Leaving the truck explosions go off in background only leaving behind a black armoured mask on the ground with the radio still turned on.

(Ooc: Gave him a good ending so he on the as a side line character and now time to edit this piece then post my new character it animal humanoid for a change up)

NineOfSpades
2014-06-18, 04:04 PM

Sarah smirked as every single glass dagger found its mark, but her satisfaction was short lived as the demon transformed into an inky black mass that seemed to absorb the glass shards, before spitting them back out on the ground. Sarah wasn't done yet, quickly pulling the broken fragments back towards her, where they spun through the air like a flurry of serrated snowflakes. She was just about to hurl them back again, when the inky black ooze reformed into the woman it had been only a moment prior. Then the woman giggled, which might have been meant to come across as charming, but only managed to seem creepy in Sarah's eyes.

She shapeshifted back into her solid form and giggled a bit, "No no, my name is not 'Demon Hippie', it is Azanna. Az-ann-a. So you do not have to be scared, okay?"

Sarah had been around the block a few times, and learned a thing or two about people. Don't trust anyone who says they arn't lying without being prompted. Don't assume people are malicious when they could just as easily be dumb-asses. And don't believe people when they try and tell you that there's nothing to be scared off, because usually they are lying. But it was a bit surprising that neither of the other two seemed especially concerned over the shape shifting monster in their midst. Well, that wasn't 100% true. One of them, the pale guy in the trenchcoat with the surgical scars, was backing off from the group. But even counting his muted reaction, you'd think that there'd be a bit more of a response to witnessing Azanna transform into some kind of blob-thing. Am I the only one here who finds the whole shape shifting thing both creepy and a little disturbing?. As if on cue, the second guy spoke up.

"Calm yourself! Azanna is not a threat, she aided me in quelling the fires that were raging mere minutes ago. We just want to rid this city of it's ailment!

Well, that answered that question she thought. Well, that, and questioning who the heck talks like that. Quelling? Ailment? It was just a weird turn of phrase.

Sarah let the glass fall to the ground, standing down from her agressive stance "Whatever, Not sure I believe you two, but then, I'm not sure what to believe anymore either. Theres some crazy **** going on in this city"

Sarah noticed that The trenchcoated man appeared to be trying to sneak off on his own. There wasn't much that escaped her notice, and something about his face peaked his interest. He looked like a guy who had a lot on his mind, something troubling that gnawed at his thoughts. These other two, Azanna and the guy who sided with her, they seemed strange, but decent enough.

Looking back to Azanna, Sarah hesitated for a moment before speaking "What was it you said a second ago? Something about searching the area? Guess I'll lend some aid on that front"

With that, she turned and got back on her bike, reveing up the engine, and following after the trechcoated guy. She kept her distance until they were both far enough from the other two that they could speak without being overheard. Pulling up alongside the guy, Sarah did her best to strike up a conversation. "So...you look like a guy with a lot on his mind. Where you rushing off to in such a hurry?". She wasn't threatening in the way she spoke, or at least she wasn't trying to be. In truth, there was just something in the way that the guy looked that struck her as off. He was hiding something, she was almost sure of it.

Eloi
2014-06-18, 06:18 PM
Azanna wordlessly began her aerial reconnaissance over the city with Sarah's prompting, landing periodically to play her flute in front of structures which were damaged in Showtime's assault of the city and controlling survivors to get them out. A few dozen people were recovered this way without any conversation whatsoever.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-18, 07:56 PM
After Taylor and the impressionable woman had left, and Azanna has taken to the air Scott was left alone.

"What the **** has this city become?"

Scott considered the odd behavior of nearly every person he'd encountered thus far, something more than terrorism is happening here, there're clues floating around, just had to find them. One way or another.

"Azanna is well enough alone right now, I can find her again, those two though are more curious."

Scott turned to watch them turn down a street, watched them through the building, they were slowing, speaking. Scott opened a pair of portals and stepped to the roof of the building next to them. He followed quietly, altering his ear to better amplify the sound of their conversation.

Raunchel
2014-06-19, 08:25 AM
"Why make them bleed indeed? They have to be herded, that is all. We can't have them running away, can we? It is all so much more fun when they have to stay in their place, when they can't run. When no one can help them. Those heroes lack many things, but one of the most important is understanding. This is not a world for the meek, almost everyone knows that. It is about strength and the will to use it. They tried to destroy me, but my will is too strong, they instead made me understand. They killed Hannah, but her shadow rose in her stead. In only a few days they will have to choose, and show how they truly are. The city doesn't have the money, the nation, or the world, will have to pay. But will they do it? Or will they choose their own simple luxuries? That is the question that will be answered, finally we will see the strangth of the herd. The bleeding is not the end, it is the means towards this test."

Showtime, now, that is an interesting figure. He is of the mind, a little like she is. He has already done things, caused quite a stir. That is good, he will not refuse. she continues to speak: "Welcome, Showtime, meet Warrior. As I just explained to him I plan to hold this city hostage for two hundred billion dollars. As you will understand this will leave those who are kind enough to help me with this little thing more than a little rich."

Then she feels it, the destruction of her trucks, that is too bad. She wanted them, she wanted what was in them. Not the people or the cushions or the seats, just the ethylene. Almost half of her supply was in them. She quickly makes the calculations, the spread will be too thin without it to kill everyone. She will need replacements, and she will need them quickly. She mentally gives the order to her minions, they are to go to the Delbrueck plant to steal a replacement supply. She will be unable to come, so they will have to do things on their own initiative, and preferably without drawing in too many enemies. They can't find her base of operations, not yet.

After these seconds of silence she continues: "There has been a little setback, half my ethylene was blown up by some hero, but I still have the other half. My minions are gathering replacements, but this will cause a delay of almost a full day before I have enough sulfur mustard to kill everyone. A day which might be used by these heroes to cause more issues. So I want to ask you, will you join me and help me to reduce these annoyances to mewling wrecks?"

Kaynebot
2014-06-19, 10:25 AM
Warrior kept his arms folded, and had the same grim look. He didn't make any indicator of how he was going to answer, he was deliberating. "I'll join under a few conditions. First, I only fight heroes, humans are weak and don't deserve my time. Second, don't play mind games with me. Lastly set up a good fight. I want to see how manipulative you can be, and I'm itching for fight with someone stronger than some city thug. " It almost felt wrong, but the fighting was still there, and he wouldn't be killing civilians. And on the other hand it was almost exciting. As he finished his conditions, Warrior almost unconsciously turned the stud in his left hand to a small throwing knife. Depending on how they reacted, he might need to leave quickly.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-19, 11:22 PM
During Nightshade meeting a little fox with two tails that white comes and transform into Nightshade bowing down and say saying " Hello Madam and sirs do you know what going on here" sneezing red and a strange cold blue fire.
(ooc: about to post new character)

Alhendors
2014-06-20, 08:33 AM
"I... Have my own things to attend to," Samuel slowed down as the woman pulled up beside him but he didn't stop for conversation. When will people learn to leave others alone? He was slightly annoyed at Sarah, but at the same time slightly interested in why she specifically came to speak to him, surely in a city full of chaos there would be better things to do no matter one's personality.

"Now if you'll please excuse me I have somewhere to be and soon."

Raunchel
2014-06-21, 02:04 PM
"Warrior, you have my blessing. I look forwards to a few of those annoying figures losing their heads.", she closes her eyes for a moment, a wicked smile appearing on her face, "More are on their way. One is a mere seven blocks away from here, but he is being halted, not by humans but by a very special girl. Her mind is strong, stronger than I like them, and there is a strong urge to put an end to suffering, and we can't have that, can we? She is easy to find, she is pretty and has a nice motorcycle. She is annoying, and I want her outof the picture. Can you do that for sweet little Nightshade?"

A two-tailed talking fox appears. For some reason people would find that strange, but it is no stranger than people with coloured clothes, or shoes. At least talking animals are something that she is used to, from the only tv shows that she ever watched. She is far more familiar with them than with people like the woman she just drowned. Bt its mind is strong, stronger than most animals and people, almost as though it is special. Maybe it is magical? "The city is burning, and will be ashes, death strolls through the streets and will stop for no one. There will be silence, and only Atropa belladonna will flower. Where will you stand? Will you show the world the truth of fear or will you die?"

Kaynebot
2014-06-21, 03:34 PM
Warrior begins to leave as the weird animal shows. The stud is now a small throwing knife in his hand as walks away, not trusting anyone he's met recently. "She'll be dead soon." he throws out as he leaves the scene in the direction Nightshade pointed. Walking steadily, not hurrying, preparing himself mentally to fight a "hero." This would make him an enemy, but does that truly matter if they cannot kill him. A smirk grows on his face as he continues his pace.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-21, 05:14 PM
A two-tailed talking fox appears. For some reason people would find that strange, but it is no stranger than people with coloured clothes, or shoes. At least talking animals are something that she is used to, from the only tv shows that she ever watched. She is far more familiar with them than with people like the woman she just drowned. Bt its mind is strong, stronger than most animals and people, almost as though it is special. Maybe it is magical? "The city is burning, and will be ashes, death strolls through the streets and will stop for no one. There will be silence, and only Atropa belladonna will flower. Where will you stand? Will you show the world the truth of fear or will you die?"

(Male Form)
Picks up her hand and kissed it "That brute had no respect for you for a man shall be kind to any women he meets even if her thoughts are not pure that including throwing a knife is rude in your presence melting it to the ground turning his head to the side staring down the big guy with a sharp eye like death is looking at you. Turning into his humanoid form with fox ears, two tails, canine fangs, whiskers, and claws and fair shinning white skin, and red eyes "If it a game then I will be more then willing to join what would I have to do my Mistress Nightshade only remember I am not loyal to anyone just love a good game so will stay by your side as long as I have fun" smiling with a grin on his face.

Raunchel
2014-06-21, 05:17 PM
It wants a game, a game is good. Nightshade likes games. She has to think of a nice one, a playful one. Then it strikes her, she has the perfect game. "There are several factories in this city which produce or use peroxy acids. I don't like these compounds. Could you be as kind as to burn these places to the ground for cutesy little me? I would really like it if they went boom. So already burn, but others remain untouched. Can you touch them? Can you burn them? Can you fill the sky with their smoke?"

DemonZoZo
2014-06-21, 05:31 PM
It wants a game, a game is good. Nightshade likes games. She has to think of a nice one, a playful one. Then it strikes her, she has the perfect game. "There are several factories in this city which produce or use peroxy acids. I don't like these compounds. Could you be as kind as to burn these places to the ground for cutesy little me? I would really like it if they went boom. So already burn, but others remain untouched. Can you touch them? Can you burn them? Can you fill the sky with their smoke?"

Ahhh a how fun let see how this turns out curling his claws like mister burns with a evil grin "Mistress Nightshade you are a beautifully grown woman not some cutesy young girl which teaching how to dress properly is required with lots etiquette so you can stun your enemies with your beauty off to the task Mistress Nightshade" again kissing her hand to walk a few steps away creating blue flame wings and flying away leaving flakes of blues flames that look like snow hitting the ground creating a sculpture made of ice with blue flames on it showing Nightshade standing from a dock watching several explosions go off in distance fully dressed in a grand party themed style clothing.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-21, 06:17 PM
"I... Have my own things to attend to," Samuel slowed down as the woman pulled up beside him but he didn't stop for conversation. When will people learn to leave others alone? He was slightly annoyed at Sarah, but at the same time slightly interested in why she specifically came to speak to him, surely in a city full of chaos there would be better things to do no matter one's personality.

Scott listened to and watched the short exchange,
Hmm, someplace to be. That might lead somewhere. Then again, this Sarah, seems dangerous, and jumpy. Decisions, decisions.
Scott decided to watch each one a bit longer before opening a portal to the building across the street. He watched Taylor for a moment through the buildings as he ran closer to the river. Then the sound of a bike revving pulled his attention away.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-22, 03:47 PM

Sarah could tell there was someting going on with this guy, but she wasn't about to press the issue. Whatever his case was, there was a hundred more things that were going on right now that needed someone to deal with them. If he wasn't looking to share, Sarah wasn't going to press.

"Right then, I'll take the waterfront district then"

Reving the engine, Sarah sped ahead. Building speed, she reached forward, grabbing the cement sidewalk with her power and yanking it up, creating a large ramp. Throttling the accelerator, Sarah launched herself upwards, landing on the rooftops, where she turned off towards the riverside.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-23, 03:47 AM
The city is now a place of death and destrection yet he does not like death for it is a nasty thing those it completely natural for even ghost or demons to die and pass on to the after life or so the legend say at least in his mind death is everything and nothing those most don't understand death is merely a path it what you make of it before hand and after you die your merely a spirit here for revenge,stuck,helping&protecting, and finally at peace going on to the after life this is the strange words spread through mediums&pyshic this I know so the question is has she meet or heard the dead that stay here. It serms Mistress understands the concept of it those Mistress stuck in the mind of a child that most unforunate for her to learn would be imposible so he must bring to her the elegance she deserves those the big man was right people will be after her so he must play the game for now.

Landing on a roof top 10 blocks away from the chemical stood armed riot police and arm soldiers protecting it so he can play a game of conquer and destroy smiling with a evil grin. Jumping side of the buildings he find rags, lighter, and vodka " Time to play the game of fire breathing to see in this empty nieghborhood" entering a apartment building near by he lighting it on just to sneeze causing a explosion leaving a hole reaveling himself while it burning the building next to it now.

" Hmmmm still not completely used to dust in this form it to be expected those" after he jumps climbs to the roof top send s giant fireball to the factory causing a massive explosion from the distance.

(Ooc: Don't got a word editor so gonna try to find one when I am fully awake)

Kaynebot
2014-06-23, 07:17 AM
Warrior was out the park walking towards the direction Nightshade pointed. Walking several blocks, his mind kept repeating fighting patterns and over all the weapons he did use and ideas for different more effective weapons. He heard the roar of a motorcycle engine after a bit. It was odd and not in the usual direction. Stopping he looked around quizzically till he saw something out of the corner of his eye. Stopping he looked, pretty girl riding motorcycle on the roof....probably qualifies. He stooped down to grab longbow out of the concrete. Never really a bow guy bit from the second his fingers touched the concrete and he formed it he knew how much draw he needed and what adjustment he need for the air and distance. Stooping down he plucked an arrow from concrete as well. Slotting it in the bow he aimed for a bit before he enhanced his body. The almost instant process of hardening skin, stimulated senses, and growth of muscle felt amazing. Using a lot of his strength he pulled the bow aimed for the spokes on the bike and shot.

redzimmer
2014-06-23, 11:47 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]"Welcome, Showtime, meet Warrior. As I just explained to him I plan to hold this city hostage for two hundred billion dollars. As you will understand this will leave those who are kind enough to help me with this little thing more than a little rich."
...After these seconds of silence she continues:
"There has been a little setback, half my ethylene was blown up by some hero, but I still have the other half. My minions are gathering replacements, but this will cause a delay of almost a full day before I have enough sulfur mustard to kill everyone. A day which might be used by these heroes to cause more issues. So I want to ask you, will you join me and help me to reduce these annoyances to mewling wrecks?"

Showtime

Showtime reaches out and feels the shock, horror, revulsion of his mind-controlled vigilante. A smile crosses his lips.

"One down all ready, it seems!"

This was good news. The meddlesome young woman knew too much. How could she have known he once played the role of "Joel Stein"? He'd done his best to hide his embarrassing early works.

"Well I would be pleased to have a supporting role in this Grand Performance of yours. And the promise of a hefty box office? Darling, you had me at 'Hello'."

Showtime reaches out his influence until he finds what he is looking for. Way up high a new helicopter hovers, (the cheapest and most voyeuristic of entertainments). Showtime bends the pilot, camera operator and reporter to his will, then compels the chopper to land in the street outside the park.

Through dumb luck the blades do not hit any power lines or telephone poles in the process, and the helicopter crews awaits their new master.

"If I can do anything else for you, just whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you?" With a jaunty wave, Showtime heads to the waiting chopper and takes to the air. He commands the reporter to make a live report, performing Peter Finch's "I am mad as hell..." speech from Network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_%28film%29) for giggles as he heads back downtown.

As an afterthought, he releases his mind-controlled gunman, as he was no longer interesting.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-23, 06:44 PM

Had it been anyone else, the arrow would likely have found its mark. Most people wouldn't even have seen the attack coming, not through the smoke that choked the air, or the flickering shadows of the burning city. They wouldn't have heard the twang of the bowstring as it released, or the rushing of air past the fletching, not when the roaring engine that they were straddling was a hundred times louder.

But Sarah did. She sensed the arrows approach, even though she had only a tiny fraction of a second to react, that was all it took. The Concrete bolt stopped mid air at arms length from Sarah. She needed to only spare a glance in the direction the attack had come from before she was able to pick out the shooter.

Banking hard to her side, Sarah fell over the edge of the brickwork building she had been riding atop, the sides transforming into a ramp that brought her safely back down to street level. Her bike quickly cleared the distance between her and the shooter.

Coming to a stop before the bulky looking man, Sarah scowled at him "Hey, Ass****!" Glancing a moment at his bow, Sarah shattered the concrete into fragments which circled around the man, sharpened points aimed inward in what was an unmistakable threat "The **** Was that about?"

Kaynebot
2014-06-23, 10:13 PM
Warrior was surprised at the result of his arrow. He stood arms folded as he expected his target, too come to him now. Seeing the way the arrow was dispatched. When his bow was smashed and he saw the bits of concrete hanging from the air, he realized that this fight might actually be fun. He gave no indication on his face about how he would handle her angry. Instead he prepared his mind, thinking about how many studs he could quickly reach. It was going to be a tough fight, if the girl could handle concrete and form it at will.

Using his enhanced form he slashed both hands down his jacket sleeves, breaking and pooling all the studs together, within a fraction of a section he had body sized circular round shield that he could block most of the shards of concrete with. In that same instant he spared one stud, preferring to form it into a throwing knife. As fast as Warrior can muster he throws the metal knife testing her abilities. Throwing and in the same motion charging forward shield to the front. Whipping it back and around himself to try and catch all the concrete shards in the shield. Regardless, Warrior charging preparing himself to jump for the bike and grab a piece of metal to turn into a sword, as a real weapon.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-23, 10:51 PM

Sarah waited for an answer, but she didn't get one. The guy, whoever the hell he might be, was a stoic bastard. No words, no expression, just a flat and empty stare. It was probably meant to come across as intimidating, or threatening. But Sarah just found it annoying. The only guy who ever managed to actually intimidate Sarah was drill Sergent McCreedy back from when she first enlisted, now that guy was a tough old soldier. Guy could make most cadets piss themselves with just a glance. By comparison, Tall Dark and Silent wasn't measuring up.

Still, guy's got some fancy tricks. Suddenly he seems to pull a shield out of nowhere, big metal one too. Guess he learned from the first round that flinging around weapons made from the city steets was like attacking a grizzly bear with a hammer mad out of meat and honey. All your going to do is increase the speed at which it mauls you to death.

In a single, blurred motion, The Guy threw some kind of dagger at Sarah, who's reflexes were thankfully fast enough to sidestep the attack. But then he pressed on before she had time to fully regain her balance, charging forward. Sarah made a quick gesture, stabbing at him with the shards that had moments before been his longbow, but she didn't seem to hit anything but the shield.

Just when she thought he was in striking distance, Mr. Stoic jumps over her, and Sarah realizes that she wasn't the target he wanted, but rather, her bike. "Hell No!" She shouted, slamming her foot into the pavement, sending a spiderweb of cracks outward. The street responded in kind, folding up and encircling her motercyle in a thick barrier, where it'd be damn near impossible to reach. "Nobody touches my bike but me, and that goes doubly so for mute douchebags who go chucking arrows at people. Now I'm going to ask one last time" Raising her arms up, Four man-sized slabs of sidewalk broke free from the rest and rushed to Sarah's side, spinning rapidly around her, a massive wall of stone that both shielded her and threatened to strike out at any moment. Offense and Defense in one "Who The Hell Are you, and What the Hell is your problem with me?"

Kaynebot
2014-06-23, 11:39 PM
Warrior starts to laugh, "I don't have a problem with you. An acquaintance of yours does." He knows he can't charge too many more times before it becomes predictable, but being out in the middle of the street doesn't seem productive. Taking the only the thing she hadn't controlled the metal from his shield yet, he charged, whipping the shield around and mid swing and turning into a warhammer, timing the whirling as best he could with his enhanced speed, he smashes the warhammer into a center piece of concrete. Breaking it apart into smaller chunks hopefully making the girl lose her focus. Keeping with the moment he tries to get in close to her as fast possible, with any luck she'd be less weary about trying to shred him when she's so close. Either way as soon as the concrete broke, he turned the warhammer into a sword and shield. Granted the shield was smaller than last time but this time he has a decent shortsword to strike with.

NineOfSpades
2014-06-24, 12:14 AM

"I don't have a problem with you. An acquaintance of yours does."

Yeah, like that actually clears anything up Sarah thought, and would have raised further questions if she had the chance. But all she had time to do was react as her assailant kept up his offense. Sarah's enhanced awareness made it all to easy for her to track his movements. But there was a differance between being able to track someone and being able to do much about it. Staying on the defensive was about all she could do to keep up with his speed, her bariers blocking the brunt of his force. What was more troubling was the way he kept changing his weapons, which made it had to predict where the next strike would come from. First a shield, then a hammer, then a gladius. The short sword came so close to striking its mark that Sarah heard the blade cut the fabric on her jacket. Needless to say, that was far to close for comfort.

The remaining three slabs that encircled her quickly slammed together, forming a wedge shaped wall between Sarah and the attacker, which advanced forward like a runaway freight engine. Sarah needed to create some distance, and she had enough tricks in her arsenal to do so. The ground beneath her feet rose up and retreated backwards, a wave of pavement that Sarah surfed ontop of. "An acquaintance? So that would make you, what? Their Lap Dog?"

Reaching out, Sarah pulled up hundreds of smaller, pebble sized fragments from the ground. Taking aim, she launched them in a barrage at her opponent. It was like a hailstorm of machine gun fire, except the bullets were stone rather than metal. That, and thanks to Sarah's power, the 'bullets' didn't travel in a straight line, but curved and twisted erratically through the air as they zeroed in on their target.

Kaynebot
2014-06-24, 08:47 AM
Warrior cursed leaping towards the metal street sign and at the same time forming the gladius and shield into the large round shield from earlier. "It doesn't matter what it makes me, only what it makes you and that is... The bits of concrete that found their mark were painful, leaving scores of slashes across his legs and backside from them curving around the shield. Dashing towards the street sign, as soon as his fingers touched the metal it turned into a metal repeating crossbow. He just thought of the idea and hoped it could work. The ammo already being loaded, he quickly fired off half a dozen metal crossbow bolts, "...dead" Crouched behind the shield, legs shoulders bleeding, half of him wanted to the battle to end, the other half said it was too fun, and hoped the bolts missed their mark. Regardless the crossbow as soon as it was out was formed into a javelin, ready throw that as well.

hoplathemightly
2014-06-24, 10:34 AM
Scott torn between following two equally interesting targets decided he needed some help. He looked to the sky in the direction that Azanna had flown, after a few moments he saw a black shape dart downward from the sky. Hmm, that could be her, she's so far away. Scott estimated it would take five worm holes to get to her, who knows how far these two would get in that time. If only I could be in two places at once. Still he needed help, Scott stepped through the first portal, almost a minute later he stepped out of the last portal and looked around for Azanna. His vision piercing the buildings in the immediate area, he saw her, she was putting out another fire with her black tar. Then Scott heard an explosion off in the distance, more bombs? Increasing the density of his musculature Scott jumps the expanse to the rooftop overlooking Azanna, "Azanna! I need your help! Something important may be happening."

NineOfSpades
2014-06-25, 03:08 PM

"It doesn't matter what it makes me, only what it makes you and that is...Dead

Sarah was able to avoid the metal bolts being fired at her by raising up a secton of pavement to create a barrier between herself and the shooter. There was a satisfying clatter as the metal bolts struck the barrier and fell to the ground. "Funny, I seem to be moving around an awful lot for a dead person" She smirked.

redzimmer
2014-06-25, 05:39 PM
Showtime

As he hovers high over the city, another thought strikes Showtime. Reaching out, hoping he can establish a link without trying to take control, he sends a thought to Nightshade.

My dear, I loathe to interrupt you before your big show, but would a television crew be useful in sending out your demands?

When Nightshade first reached out to him, Showtime knew instinctively hers was a mind he could NOT control. He hoped to not give too much of his thoughts over to her, so he resolved to keep this mental communicating to a minimum.

"Okay, now do some SNL Weekend Update bits," he says to the reporter/thrall.

"But not Chevy Chase! I will never forgive him ruining Community."

Awaiting an answer, he casts his view about, looking for more of these "heroes" he was charged with eliminating.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-26, 03:15 PM
From the burning flames he creates a dog implanting a words quietly into a small ball of flames placing it into the dog :"Come with me and sit in the middle of the street when I leave climbing down as the dog walks down the wall onto and leavig by foot south so his not noticed.

Raunchel
2014-06-27, 07:10 AM
Nightshade

Nightshade is waiting to see if more will show up to have a little talk with her. She isn't bored though, there are so many things running through her mind at the same time. And then there is someone who actually wants to be heard. Showtime, her new friend. Touching Nightshade's mind is like touching a ball of molten steel. Thousands upon thousands of thoughts flutter around at the same time, scraps of conversations, scraps of fantasies and scraps of pure nonsense. All of it coming from those who are close to the girl. The closer they are, the louder they seem to shout.

Then there is a voice coming through it, childlike but focused at the same time: "We will make an appearance when the time is there, when we can cloak the city in death. The day after tomorrow all stations will show the world their place. They will know, they will cower and they will obey. There is no other way. But now we will bring our enemies to one place, if you want to you can tell them that I challenge any hero to come and fight me at the building slip of St. James wharf.", Nightshade is impressed by those she has recruited to her cause. Showtime is very good at causing trouble, and Warrior, well, he will kill that annoying girl, and then he will go after another, and another, until all her enemies are dead.

She makes a pirhouette, giggling. This is too perfect. She looks forwards to finding the heroes at the wharf, she has the perfect surprise for them.

Alhendors
2014-06-28, 09:03 AM
Navigating the streets and finding Clearwater Park was not difficult in the slightest for one who knew what they were doing, of course whether or not Sam knew what he was doing was still left up for debate. I know you're here... It was still not entirely clear whether or not whoever contacted him could read minds, but it was a logical assumption given what he had experienced earlier.

Making his way down towards the bridge Samuel began to scan the area for any possible signs of ambush, betrayal or even what he came here for in the first place, keeping his physical composure and neutrality all the while.

Kaynebot
2014-06-28, 10:06 PM
Warrior's weak point sense came to him after the six crossbow bolts found their mark in the concrete slab. The bolts creating fractures in the pavement. "That's because I'm still having fun." Winding up and taking a few steps, Warrior releases the javelin with all the force he could muster at the center of the spiraling fissures, hopefully enough force would be at the point to completely fracture the slab. Anticipating such an action, he dashed off the street and towards a brick house, leaping into the air. The moment his free hand touch the brick, he jumped again off the building and at pesky girl. In what was his free hand held a brick maul, with an interesting alteration the maul was hollow meant to smash apart on impact, and using his momentum from leaping off the building he aimed and unleashed it, not aiming for her, but a fraction of a distance away from her foot, hoping it the impact and shrapnel from the brick smashing into concrete would at the very least unbalance and at best, shred her legs with bits of brick.

GPuzzle
2014-06-28, 10:45 PM
Thomas did not know how many meters he had fallen. Or Lara. Or Ryan. But he'd been unconscious for nearly a week now.

"Who am I... and what am I supposed to be doing?", he thought.

He had forgotten what happened before he hit the ground.

But he knew that someone had killed the girl he was trying to help.

He just had to figure out what happened.

DemonZoZo
2014-06-30, 01:55 AM
Moving slowly through the streets in the alley ways north of city towards the giant pillar because he picked up a information guide of the city memorizing the book and maps of the city about it using it to his advantage. Thinking on how to decrease his time he either hunts the local street people or threatens them to spill about the area making simpler to navigate around without being a threat at the same instance due to predator senses in making cunning pact creating a fake sensation that they can live better lives if they can take what they want right now by sending 30 men out to spread his word telling otherd "The Nine Tailed King wants them to do what they're hearts desire that the leader this grand attack wants only death so have fun returning soon to see how you've done" leave off north through near buildings, roof tops, and alley ways.

Raunchel
2014-06-30, 09:07 AM
Nightshade
Making his way down towards the bridge Samuel began to scan the area for any possible signs of ambush, betrayal or even what he came here for in the first place, keeping his physical composure and neutrality all the while.[/QUOTE]

Another approaches. Good, Nightshade was starting to get impatient already, she is a very patient girl of course, everyone who matters knows that, which means that she alone knows it. For some reason the nurses and doctors never believed her. Or maybe they only said that to hurt her? Of course they did, everyone wants to hurt her, that's why they call her Hannah.

His voice is clear, clearer than the people in terror who fill the city with the noise of their thoughts. It feels as though everything is becoming greater, she feels more and more, hears more and more, and now even the pigeons' limited thoughts are there, adding to the flashes in her mind. she replies: "I am here, I am waiting. For a mind. For yours. Please, come under the bridge where everything will be illuminated."

hoplathemightly
2014-06-30, 02:24 PM
Scott thought he heard someone's voice, like a challenge of some sort. How can that be? Are there telepaths now? The mere thought of heading to an openly broadcasted location would be suicide at worst, an ambush at best. Again the thought of remote surveillance crossed Scott's mind.

Looking towards Azanna he realized that she was too far involved to give him much attention. Maybe he should just go back to watching Taylor or that reckless girl. Scott opened a portal, stepping from one portal to the next, arriving back to the rooftop where he'd last seen the two anomalies. As he rebuilt the structure of his ears and eyes an idea came to him. Scanning the area for some plant matter he spotted a small tree, jumping down he pulled the molecules into himself. He focused his creation in his hand, carefully a small spider like creature grew from his hand, he could see through its eyes. Now the hard part. He created a small high powered antenna that would relay the visual back to him. Finally the little spider detached and crawled away, Let's hope that works.

Suddenly he heard a familiar voice, the rash girl, shouting retorts. "A fight?"

DemonZoZo
2014-07-06, 09:00 AM
He watches a group of homeless men gather around a man that looked like he had it rough while moving by that event.