PDA

View Full Version : resistance to frost spells.

clericgirl
2014-05-21, 06:35 AM
So I'm told we'll be fighting a boss that does a d8 damage every time we hit it. I'm covered with persisted lesser visage of the deity. However; my other melee dudes aren't. The fighter is going to take a decent amount of damage from it. the rogue has his crossbows. Our druid is more than covered. I can't seem to find a spell to cast that will grant the some protection. I think we'll be fighting a few frost worms. Just my suspicions. Any spells under lv4 that could work?

eggynack
2014-05-21, 06:38 AM
Resist energy, or perhaps mass resist energy (SpC, 174), seems like a pretty basic solution to this problem. The duration isn't my favorite, but it's not the worst either.

clericgirl
2014-05-21, 06:50 AM
Eggynack you are just the total ****. I'm only concerned about the fighter.resist energy it is. I swear you know everything.

Umbranar
2014-05-21, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the cleric class, where the answer to every problem is in your spell list :smallbiggrin:

John Longarrow
2014-05-21, 07:54 AM
clericgirl
Also divine if tossing Enlarge Person on your fighter or having them use a reach weapon will avoid the damage. Some monsters cause damage to anything that hits them, other anything adjacent. A few only affect those that hit with a non-reach weapon.
DM may be annoyed, but Clerics do have the ability to get some Divine help about the future as part of their spell list.

clericgirl
2014-05-21, 08:21 AM
clericgirl
Also divine if tossing Enlarge Person on your fighter or having them use a reach weapon will avoid the damage. Some monsters cause damage to anything that hits them, other anything adjacent. A few only affect those that hit with a non-reach weapon.
DM may be annoyed, but Clerics do have the ability to get some Divine help about the future as part of their spell list.

the fighter uses a large glaive, we have a wizard who usually enlarges him. If they are what I think he'll take damage even with a reach weapon. resist seems like a perfect fit.

thanks guys for the advice.