PDA

View Full Version : Ascentia - Politics and Big Numbers

WebTiefling
2014-05-21, 09:48 AM
http://www.afterthewarning.com/Images/AtheistHasVisionOfHeaven/City_in_heaven06.jpg
Ascentia (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yd8gBHBc8xlszz4XHZLojOcJMdVa7i7Fig4TwGoT2qY/edit?usp=sharing) - the greatest force for good the Prime has ever seen.

Ruled by Sharlessa the Radiant, Queen of Light, Mistress of Glory

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-21, 01:07 PM
A golem warps to your designated visitor teleportation zone with a scroll of where to teleport to in order to trade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350412-Bearer-of-the-gnomish-artifacts) for gnomish metals.

WebTiefling
2014-05-21, 04:27 PM
Several guards in highly polished armor, each with a beautifully engraved crossbow and a morning star, are standing at alert in a high vaulted room nearly 80' across. Though the armor is clearly designed to impress with filigree and stylized decorations reminiscent of angel wings, the magical nature of the armor and weapons is clearly evident, and the soldiers in the armor are obviously not selected for their looks.

The floor is polished dark marble with a large 40' circle of lighter marble clearly delineating the arrival area, and soft, lively music can be heard in the distance. The walls have distinct and easily notable decorations to aid people in clearly remembering the look of the place to help avoid teleportation mishaps. Outside the open doors, people can be seen walking back and forth, most wearing a toga-style robe with different styles of sashes, perhaps marking their position or rank.

A guard pulls a white rope which hangs from a hole in the wall, and a bell chimes in another room. Seconds later a middle aged woman comes around the corner, a pleasant smile on her face. She wears similar robes, and the sash is a dark blue, distinctly visible and easy to notice.

"Greetings and welcome to Ascentia. I am Sari Assam, diplomatic chamberlain. I dare say you are with the great Gnomotron."

Pleasantries are made, such as they can be to a golem, and the golem is sent back with drawings of the general grounds of the city of Gloria, complete with a couple clear paintings of the couple areas around the city which are used for travel or trade-related teleportation. This being the room for official, governmental incoming teleportation.

The golem is also sent back via a Platform of Jaunting with several baskets of sample food goods from the largest food businesses in the city, each with literature espousing their particular business's quality and quantity.

Mostly fluff text. If the golem can't get back on his own, a couple trade diplomats will likely take him back and start the process of hammering out the fine details of the trade agreement. If it can, they'll make their own way over to Gnomotron's nation soon.

WebTiefling
2014-05-21, 04:36 PM
Sharlessa provides the majority of magical power in creating the teleportation aspects of the Platforms. Dozens of craftsmen are involved in designing the Platforms, building models of different designs before the final Fabricate spells are cast to create the basic platform. Sharlessa takes the platform and builds in the runes and permanently affixed magic which allow it to function.

Each one is designed by a master craftsman with themes he feels accurately fits the destination country, but also with subtle hints of its origin with angel feathers and wings worked into the background of the primary designs.

One, for King Sibald, is done up with decorations to the point of overkill. Rampant lions of hammered gold adorn the Platform.

Sharlessa personally delivers each platform to its buyer, easily carrying the multi-ton platform in one hand as she teleports to their respective destinations.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-21, 05:45 PM
The golem speaks in a voice identical to gnomotron, but slightly higher sense the golem itself is smaller "Reply: *zzzzt* No, I am Gnomotron. Foreign nations often don't realize my mind can inhabit any of the various constructs I create, but I brought a description to use for teleportation, and I will take your sample food back to my citizens and I can warp some sample metal here for you as well. *zzzt* End of Transmission" Gnomotron's embedded gems in this golem glow and a cubic foot of iron appears.This iron has a hardness 1 higher then normal, has 10% more weight, and 10% more hit points then normal. You can make a will save and tell me your illusion piercing abilities if you want, but I'm not discuising anything as iron, but instead using shadow conjuration to make an illusion of iron that is 110% real and it can me crafted into iron goods that have 10% more effect.