PDA

View Full Version : Avernus, First Layer of the Nine Hells

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 09:05 PM
A large warcamp is set forth and Pit beckons Tinderhall and Catherine to follow him to an enormous black tent, skulls seem to line it and an observant eye may notice that they are all demon skulls, most of them with large sword slash in them.

AmberVael
2007-02-15, 09:07 PM
Catherine steels herself, determined to stay calm.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 09:12 PM
Tinderhall notices Catherine cramp up a bit, Oh don't worry, it'll be fine, even on the remote chance that they want to hurt you, they know that you're with me and they know that I can wipe out this camp without all to much trouble, your safe.
Tinderhall beckons Catherine to come closer, obviously excited by all this, So come enjoy new people and cultures, trust me it'll be fun!

AmberVael
2007-02-15, 09:15 PM
Catherine follows Tinderhall, staying close at his side. Well, its not just natural fear, I think. Plus its fear of the unknown, too.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 09:31 PM
Fear of the unknown, Tinderhall smiles, You were afraid of magic at first too, but that turned out alright, so try to keep open for things, Tinderhall enters the camp and Pit is already there with a few pitfiends around him gawking at his equipment.

AmberVael
2007-02-15, 09:33 PM
Well, thats why I'm here rather than hiding in the library. Catherine smiles back at him.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 09:39 PM
Tinderhall laughs, True, now before go interact with the devils here, there are a few basics, if you break them people will get pissed, not all too bad, but we're guests here so let's try to keep a bit of civility. Devils are highly law abiding creatures, as such they wish to be treated with honor and will return the favor, when you appear in front of a Devil of high rank, you can usually notice them by the larger size or different equipment, make a polite bow and if it's a devil, make a slight nod with your head towards them. They appreciate this greatly and will in turn treat you well, also when one of them asks you to do something you aren't sure you want to do, make sure you thank them for their kind gesture, but you have to refuse, no need to lie. Though I suggest you try some of the things here like Liquid Agony, they sound bad, but it really isn't all that bad, just ask me if you want to know what something is. Keep an open mind and be polite, that usually is enough and if there is something else you need to know, I will telepathically inform you. Do you understand all of that? Tinderhall stops and looks Catherine in the face, making sure that she understood what he said.

AmberVael
2007-02-15, 09:42 PM
Catherine nods and looks him in the eyes. I'll mind what I say and do.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-15, 09:47 PM
Good, don't be to scared, just keep your style of speech formal and you should be alright, by the time we're done here you'll probably be sick and tired of it, but after that we'll visit the demon princes they are a bit lenient in that. Oh, talking about demons, don't there is a large war going on between devils and demons since the start of the creation and tempers can run a bit high around that, so just lay low with what you say.
Tinderhall walks to the colossal tent and enters.

((and now I have to go, it's 4 AM here, sometimes timezones can be a real pain in the ass))

AmberVael
2007-02-15, 09:49 PM
Catherine follows Tinderhall and then goes into stasis.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-16, 08:45 AM
The inside is huge and full of pitfiends and other high ranking devils, there are some small tables scattered around where they are talking and a large table filled with a feast of foods, though some of it looks a bit suspicious.

In the middle is a large map table with nine pitfiends around it. Eigh of them wear black cloaks held together by a small skull, however one of them stand tall among them, instead of the normal dragonlike wings of pitfiends, this ones wings are more like those of a bat and it's skin is covered with red scales, on his waist there hangs a large curved blade that seems to glow with heat and as he speaks there sometimes drips a bit of green fluid from his fangs.

Tinderhall walks towards the table and as soon as he is noticed the first eight fall on their knees and the larger ninth one makes a deep bow.
Arcane shade, slayer of gods and magus of power, it is an honor to have you among my table once more, the pit fiends says, his voice is a low bass and if he did not speak with a military tone, one might even think it to be beautiful. Tinderhall makes a small bow in return, Bel ruler of the first hall and slayer of the demon army, it is good to have returned to your abode. However I have not come alone, with me there is my bloodbrother, the pit fiend Malaach and my friend, the human woman Catherine. Malaach wishes to speak with the dark eight if it so pleases you and Catherine is joining me to learn more of the lower planes, so if you would accept us among you table, it shall be an honor. The pit fiend opens his arms in a welcoming gesture, Tinderhall of the lonely tower, you are always welcome to my table and those you call friends are too, it shall be my pleasure to have you here and Malaach will have his chance to speak with the Dark Eight, the Archdevil turns to the other eight, My brothers, if it is not much of a burden, please join the pitfiend Tinderhall speaks off, if he is brought here by the shade, I can only imagine his worth. The other fiends nod and say, You need not even ask, we shall retreat to one of the smaller tables and talk to our brother. They step back to a dark steel table and send out a small servant to retrieve Pit, Tinderhall in the mean time is looking intrigued at the map.

AmberVael
2007-02-16, 02:31 PM
Catherine, not having been addressed or even acknowledged by Bel, decides that it is most likely her place to remain invisible and silent unless spoken to first. She stays by Tinderhall's side and tries to remain unobtrusive and humble in the midst of all the fiends.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-16, 03:01 PM
Bel makes a small nod of the head towards Catherine, I am the Archdevil Bel, ruler over the first layer of hell, please sit at my table and eat from my feast. Bel motions to the chairs in front of the table with his left hand, meanwhile he waves his right hand over the table, the map disappears and food, wine and some other substances appear. Among it is large glass pitcher filled with Agony, a bowl covered bowl with Mordayn Vapor, a few pots with various powders like Blue Mushroom powder and Reflower leaves plus a wineskin filled with Terran Brandy. Tinderhall sits down and pours himself some of the Terran Brandy.

((Side Note, Book of Vile Darkness rocks!))

AmberVael
2007-02-16, 03:08 PM
Catherine bows low to Bel. Thank you lord Bel. You honor me with your invitation. She smiles and sits in the chair at Tinderhall's left hand.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-16, 08:13 PM
Tinderhall smiles at her and pours a cup of Terran Brandy, but before he gives it to her he casts a small spell, This stuff can be a bit addicting, but I just repressed that possibility, so you won't have to worry about it. Tinderhall then points to bowl of meatballs, You should also try those, they are delicious and you can only find them in Avernus, in ancient times when only a few were able to make them they were given as rewards to heroes of the blood war.
Bel sits down and nods, I remember those days, when I was a starting warrior I once got one for slaying a dozen balors on my own, it was so precious to me that I took 100 years to eat it, one crumble per month. When I became the new lord of Avernus I immediately forced the cooks to spread the recipe so everyone can share from it. He points at a bottle of red wine, You should drink that with it, when you are chewing the meat and let the wine wash it away it's like small miracle in your mouth. He smiles and grabs a meatball and washes it away with the mine like he said, obviously enjoying it.
Tinderhall raises his eyebrow, If I didn't know exactly how good that tastes, I would say you might be enjoying it a bit too much...

AmberVael
2007-02-16, 10:48 PM
Catherine suppresses a very amused smile, getting a picture of a man in a red jumpsuit and a pitchfork eating meatballs...

Rebonack
2007-02-16, 10:57 PM
((Don't forget the goatee and horns!))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 08:25 PM
Tinderhall takes the sudden silence as a sign and telepathically communes with Catherine, What's wrong?

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 08:27 PM
Nothing, just... I'll tell you later. Catherine's telepathy has a very faint hint of amusement behind it. Catherine helps herself to a few meatballs and then fills her glass.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 08:45 PM
Ah alright, Tinderhall refocuses on Bel, I take it the war isn't going as well as it should when you have to be here instead of your citadel.

I am afraid so yes, Graz'zt seems to have amassed an alliance of smaller demonlords and are charging us full scale, we have been able to hold the line, but it has been hard.

I guess that's the eternal balance in the bloodwar, every time one side seems to be on the verge of winning, it looses and the other side gains an advantage, Tinderhall swirls around the brandy in his cup and takes a sip, I thought you should've been expecting this by now.

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 08:46 PM
Catherine carefully tastes one of the meatballs as she listens to the conversation.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 08:59 PM
The meatball tastes a bit bloody, but as the outer crust peels away you can taste several herbs, there are a few layers of the meatball each filled with a different kind of herb, each layer a bit more spicy like a crescendo of taste, slightly tempered by the meat which is rather juicy.

I take it you bring an offer to change the balance a bit?

Offcourse, though you do understand that I will also give this offer to Graz'zt once I am visiting him, though since you are the first to hear, you are also the first to benefit from it, so it should balance the scales a bit.

I dislike the idea of that scum gaining the same benefit as me, but I can see the fairness in your offer, though what is it?

Siege weaponry.

Bel seems intrigued, Siege weaponry, what kind?

Tinderhall smiles, The weapons are large ballista's who fire black orbs, upon impact the orb dissolve anything within it, anything.

That is a most powerful weapon, what do you want for it?

This battlefield is scourged with the blood of both devil and demon, for every ballista I want ten bags filled with earth that has soaked up both, he smiles, and dozen of those meatballs.

What would you do with that earth? Bel seems a bit cautious.

Anything I want. Tinderhall hasn't taken one glimpse away from his brandy, slowly swirling it.

Bel sighs, Normally I would not so easily give this to you, but I am in great need, I will take 500 of the weapons.

Tinderhall raises his hand and a small crackle of energy seems to come from it, They're in your camp, there also is a portal, just throws in the bags and meatballs when you have them ready.

Bel nods, I will.

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 09:03 PM
Catherine sips her wine, listening to the transaction very carefully.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 09:06 PM
((Yes those meatballs are actually a dish I created and yes, they are that damn good!))

The wine washes away the meatball, but the slight herbs in the wine combined with those in the meatball seem to explode in your mouth, driving your sense of taste into pure bliss.

Bell looks towards Catherine, Now that business is done, let us forget about it and enjoy our meals, how is the food?

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 09:08 PM
Its um, quite good. Catherine looks down at the meatballs and wine warily, not sure if she should eat anymore, despite very much wanting to... which of course was the problem.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 09:12 PM
Tinderhall looks amused to Catherine, Don't worry, they just taste damn good, they aren't anymore addicting then chocolate or candy. He finishes his brandy and scoops on a few of the meatballs, some pieces of bloody meat and a few slices of bread.

Bel smiles, Good, don't want to have to kill a cook, because he failed his job, he joins Tinderhall's effort and scoops up some food for himself and fills his cup with some watered down Agony.

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 09:14 PM
Well I guessed that, but still. Catherine gives up on resisting and eats a few more, trying a few other things which look safe.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-17, 09:25 PM
Tinderhall points to the various drugs and starts telling their property's to Verdandi.

((I'll PM it to you))

AmberVael
2007-02-17, 09:33 PM
Catherine nods, deciding not to try any of them due to sheer force of habit.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-18, 11:33 AM
Tinderhall shrugs and makes a rather strange cocktail with the varying drugs, the result is a dark red liquid with black steam coming from it, it looks rather ominous, but Tinderhall seems to enjoy it.

I have never seen such an odd mixture, are you sure that is save? Tinderhall looks up from the cup, Well I'm not dead yet, so it seems to be fine, I picked up the habit of trying strange mixes from a woman I met a while ago.

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 01:05 PM
((Hehe))

Catherine seems to agree with Bel's thoughts on the mixture, eyeing it warily. She shakes her head and continues eating.

Rebonack
2007-02-18, 04:11 PM
((Oo Ok, is V posting from Vael's home or is she actualy an alt?))

McBish
2007-02-18, 04:12 PM
((Actually an alt.))

Rebonack
2007-02-18, 04:21 PM
((Is there anyone on this board who isn't Vale?))

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 04:21 PM
((No. You are all me, you just haven't realized it yet))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:41 PM
((Ok, now it's starting to get absurd... and scary :smalleek:))

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 04:45 PM
((Its like the matrix... except I'm not doing it for electricity, just sheer amusement. Muwahaha!))

Rebonack
2007-02-18, 04:47 PM
((That explains why V kept getting new avatars even after Vael stopped taking requests...

>.>

<.<

*pops the red pill*))

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 04:51 PM
((Bah, alot of people got avatars. I just can't say no...))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 04:53 PM
((Well, now you really do have the record of most characters, I think. Wow.))

AmberVael
2007-02-18, 04:54 PM
((And you guys doubted me. :smallwink: :smalltongue:))

Deadly
2007-02-18, 05:01 PM
((Yes, of course.))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 06:53 AM
((Meh after this little trip I'll introduce Tinderhall's parents, a monk who he met, an old vampire friend and an ancient demigod enemy, I'll hold the record in no time!))

Bel shakes his head and turns to Catherine, May I assume this is your first journey to the Nine Hells?

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 10:04 AM
((You don't even stand a chance. Want to see my list?

Earin/Will/Face Ninja (traveling under orders of Aroha)
Elya (with Earin, duh)
Dios/The Masters (Currently on home plane)
-Sound
-Light
-Energy
-Matter
-Time
-Dios (the God)
Vael/Firolon (In Town)
Fenix (In Town)
Ayral and The Masked Council (Currently deceased, there were... 10 people in the council total?)
-Ayral (Council Head)
-Ythle (Diviner)
-Kazail (Mundane)
-Terraunt (Transportation)
-Fiernista (Brute Strength)
-Siduur (Clerical)
-Loryn (Second in Comman)
-Maedune (Necromancer/Fear)
-Izlail (Wierd Aztec dude)
-Morkai (General mook)
mElya (Currently deceased)
Maal (traveling)
Jack (In Town)
The Dancing Man (In Town)
Verdandi (In Town)
Aesa (In Town)
Svala (In Town)
Catherine (In Town)
Grif (In Town)
Charis (In Town)
Grothok (Currently deceased)
Aroha (Somewhere- probably home plane)
Libida (In hell, most likely with Mentor)
Vivian (Somewhere away, far away)
Vahlziir (Plotting)
The as-of-yet-unnamed-demon who never got dealt with... (In Town)
Erm... Blastamage... (Somewhere)
Skuld (just introduced, will be infrequent character)
Game the Critt (Erm... taken from the now banned Iames with his permission)
Commander Akvar (Somewhere)
mEarin (Dead)
Nial (Hamlet)
Zchiz (Locked in Mist Spire)
Chaos Alpha Primary Johnson (In Avaria)

Comes up to a total of 44, assuming that each of the masters and dios himself are different people.

Catherine nods. Yes lord Bel. In fact, until recently I would not have believed they existed My home is far removed from other planes of existance, and things are very different there... because of that my knoweldge of the cosmos is regrettably small, but this is part of undoing my ignorance.

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 10:28 AM
((Don't you make me list out all my characters....))

Deadly
2007-02-19, 12:49 PM
((Ah, I'm not that far behind. I can count 29 if I probe my mind long enough for all those obscure ones from "long ago" ;)

If I count yours I get somewhere between 26 and 39, depending on how you count. For example, Earin/Will/FN can be counted as either 1, 2 or 3 characters, the same with Vael/Firolon. And you can count the Counsil as one or 10.... and so on.

Ilias (in Town)
mIlias (in Town)
Kio (in Town)
Deadly (in Town)
Aeri (in Town)
Ayame (in Town)
Arslan (On Home World)
Achim (Somewhere on the Astral Plane)
Andracil (in Town)
Jadic (Ravenloft)
Colmar (in Town)
Arden (in Town)
Grace (in Town)
Ruby (in Town)
Rune (in Town)
Selene (in Town)
Brown (in Town)
Schnick (Hamlet)
Stick (Hamlet)
Nyalee (Hamlet)
mDeadly (Big Terrible Secret ;))
Laeral ("Dead")
mArslan (Dead)
Bernard (Lost in the woods. Probably ended up somewhere obscure)
Folcoer (Unknown. One of the mages from the counsil hunting Arslan)
"Mr. Blue" (Dead. One of the mages hunting Arslan. Aside from him and Folcoer I never got to introduce others before dropping the plot.)
Assassins (Dead. There were 3 or them, their guild had a name but I don't remember what it was.)

And I think I've forgotten one or two somewhere...))

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 12:54 PM
((I just added in a few more. I have 28 minimum))

Kyrian
2007-02-19, 01:17 PM
((Ok...that's it...))

Kyrian
Ares
Mik
Kalil (long time ago, may bring him back someday)
Conrad
Sayuri
Bearchase
Quentin
Silas
Victor
Caleb Danvers
Chase Pope
Xemnas
Axel
Roxas
10 more members to Organization XIII....list names later
Remy
Kal'El
Roixis
I know I'm forgetting another Elder Dark Saiyan name here
Kal
New Guy
Romulus
Remus
Fenhai (stolen after Gezina said she quit)
*secret character here*
Aramir
Exodus
*another animal not yet introduced*

Castaras
2007-02-19, 01:18 PM
(( All these people with too many characters...tisk tisk. I guess I should bow down to your superior might, oh mighty role gamers inc. ))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 02:48 PM
Bel smirks, Yes we get a share of damned souls from realms like your, but how are you enjoying inter-realm tavel?

Tinderhall's pupils widen a little and he is abnormally silent.

((Well lemme see,

Currently in town:

1 Tinderhall
2 Yhorgh
3 Pit
4 Lord Riddletuck
5 Ailcaryn Kittenstouch

Will be introduced soon:

5 Nilt
6 Narah
7 Monk Nou
8 Draakje, Rider of Darkness
9 Azazella, Rider of War
10 Azea, Rider of Arcane Power
11 Styxu, Rider of Death
12 Norgath the Dark
13 Illithus the Light

and I also have a big line up of chars I want to introduce later, these are all chars from the original warcraft III mod Tinderhall came from...))

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 02:53 PM
((Congrats, by my count you have... thirty to go before you tie me, and that assumes I haven't made more by then. I've got one idea already... :smallwink:))
It certainly is eye-opening, and it is good to learn of new ideas and places, Lord Bel.

((EDIT: Remebered another))

Deadly
2007-02-19, 03:05 PM
((What!? Only one idea? :smallbiggrin:))

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 03:13 PM
((As of the moment, yes. But I come up with new ideas quickly))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 03:39 PM
It is indeed, though I would tell you to be carefull when you encounter demons, they tend to be less civilized than devils like me.

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 03:44 PM
So I am led to understand, Lord Bel. Catherine glances at Tinderhall.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 04:03 PM
Tinderhall is staring up with a big smile.

Bel looks over as well, Let him have his few moments of happiness, from what I understand, he deserves it.

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 05:35 PM
Catherine tilts her head as she looks at him. What all did he put in that, anyways?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 05:40 PM
((Me speak good english! :P ))

Bel points at the table, Every drug on the table.

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 05:48 PM
Catherine blinks. I see...

Deus Mortus
2007-02-19, 05:54 PM
Bell frowns, Strange thing is, he is immune to poison, so he should be immune to the drugs...

AmberVael
2007-02-19, 05:57 PM
Maybe he can lower his immunity? Or he is not actually immune, and just very resistant?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 08:19 AM
He was turned undead by a complicated spell, but only partly, so I have no cleu what he can and can't do, I'd be surprised if he actually knew it.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 08:54 AM
Catherine frowns, hoping this wasn't some kind of trick.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 09:15 AM
Anyway, just let him, if he doesn't come around in an hour I'll let one of the clerics purge him.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 09:20 AM
Catherine nods and inwardly curses, wishing she had a more medically inclined MAGE system... not that it would do all that much good, since he was for the most part dead. She smiles a little. I believe that may be wisest, lord Bel. Or rather, me going along with your idea is wisest... for all I know it could be your fault. She keeps this thought as secret as she can, but can't help thinking it.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 10:24 AM
Bell takes a last worrying look at Tinderhall and motions to a devil nearby, You go get one of the clerics and tell him to look over our friend here. The devil takes a deep bow and hurries out of the tent, Bel looks the devil go and then refocuses on Catherine, Though we mostly have our clerics here for raising the dead, they are quite competent. Now I have a question bothering me, mind if I ask you, it is rather personal.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 10:29 AM
If it does not bother me overly much, lord Bel, I will answer your question. Catherine gives a small smile.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 10:34 AM
Bel nods, Fair enough, I wanted to ask how you came so close with Tinderhall, you don't strike me as the type and I don't believe he himself is any good with people. To be completely honest you strike as a somewhat strange duo, no offense meant.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 10:38 AM
Catherine shrugs. He is loyal to his friends, which explains our current friendship. As to how it first came about... I don't know why he decided to start this relationship, but I was stranded in a strange world amidst strange things. I just needed something to rely on. As for Tinderhall... your guess is as good as mine. Catherine looks over at him. I don't question it though, just occasionally wonder why.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 10:55 AM
Well then I guess it shall remain a mystery, well unless he wakes up and decides to share his story.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 10:59 AM
Catherine nods. Was there anything else you were wondering, lord Bel?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 03:37 PM
Not really, though I must ask you if Tinderhall has educated you in the courtesy of the Nine Hells, you seem to forget certain traditions and with me, that is not a real problem, but the other lords tend to be rather privy to them. Though I don't think any will dare to hurt you with Tinderhall by your side, it might pay off to keep them on your good side.

A cleric walks in, he is dressed in a long dark robe lined with small skulls and carries a staff made of charred wood topped with a symbol of Nerull, he towards Tinderhall, though he makes a deep bow to Lord Bel and Catherine he quickly concentrates on Tinderhall and starts to cast a few spells, his hands clouded in dark energy.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 05:26 PM
Catherine gives a very small smile. He told me to be polite and courteous, but nothing specific. I beg your pardon if I offend, lord Bel.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-20, 09:15 PM
Bel shrugs, I'm a soldier, I don't mind much about courtesy as long as I'm not being insulted, however the others are less lenient. Tinderhall is my friend and therefore you are as well, let me give you this, just keep it in your pocket and it'll tell you how to act. I would give one to Tinderhall as well, but I know he'll just ignore it and only keep it around because it's magical and shiny. Bel smiles and hands Catherine a small coin with a mouth engraved upon it.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 09:23 PM
Catherine gives a small laugh at Bel's words on Tinderhall and takes the coin. Thank you, lord Bel.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 09:17 AM
No problem, it's partly selfish, I would like to have you visit with Tinderhall's next Pilgrimage as well.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 10:40 AM
I'm honored by your invitation, lord Bel. Catherine smiles and doesn't reveal that the invitation very slightly disturbs her.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 12:22 PM
Bel smiles, You're welcome.

The cleric looks a bit shocked and whispers something in Bel's ear.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:24 PM
Catherine watches the cleric carefully, wondering what was going on.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 03:54 PM
Bel frowns while listening to the cleric.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 03:57 PM
Catherine remains silent, waiting.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 04:00 PM
Bel finally nods as he sends the priests out and then silently watches Tinderhall, obviously thinking.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 04:06 PM
Is there something wrong, lord Bel?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 04:35 PM
I don't know to be honest, it seems our friend here doesn't exist.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 05:23 PM
Catherine looks shocked. I... um...

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 05:34 PM
Bel sighs, Normal souls are a conduit for all the energy's and as such is made from them, but Tinderhall's soul is made from something else. I don't even know if I can call it a soul, I have heard the phrase with a soul before, but everything that lives has one, except our friend here.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 05:37 PM
Then... whats happening?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 05:39 PM
I have no idear, his body and his soul is different from anything I know, so I can't diagnose him or treat him for anything.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 05:40 PM
Catherine looks at Tinderhall worriedly.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 05:44 PM
Tinderhall is still smiling a broad smile, but as you watch closely, his eyes are slowly closing.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 05:49 PM
Catherine frowns. Purposeless inaction ensures defeat. Even slight chance is better than no chance. She puts one hand on Tinderhall, casting Arcane Sight while also using her MAGE and SEER systems to detect any physical problems, expecting them to come up with very odd results due to Tinderhall being undead.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 05:52 PM
They register no results at all, Bel raises his eyebrow, What are you doing?

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 05:57 PM
Well if no one else is going to try and figure out what is going on, I will. Catherine frowns, wondering why her Arcane Sight didn't see anything about Tinderhall... surely he had some enchantments always on him? Maybe there was something stopping her spell from affecting him.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 06:06 PM
That I understand, but what exactly are you doing, perhaps I can aid you.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to figure out if magic had anything to do with it. Unfortunately, I can only detect ongoing magic, and I can't sense anything from him.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 06:09 PM
What spell are you trying to use?

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 06:10 PM
Just Arcane Sight... I'm not a very good wizard yet.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 06:12 PM
Would be the spell I'd use, so that's not to bad, but since it isn't working perhaps a metafaculity would work.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 06:12 PM
Ah... I haven't even heard of that...

Deus Mortus
2007-02-21, 06:15 PM
It's a powerfull spell that reveals everything, let me try it, he closes his eyes and start to cast it.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 06:21 PM
((Erm... there is a Psionic Power known as Metafaculty, but I don't believe there is a corresponding spell...))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 02:16 PM
((Yeah I know, but I'm figuring an archdevil is able to do it and I don't like saying "There is a Psionic Power"))

BY THE PRIMAL GODS OF EVIL, THAT IS HORRIBLE! Bell opens his eyes and wanders around rubbing his temples.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 02:38 PM
Catherine jumps back. Um... Lord Bel?

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 02:49 PM
That bastard is somehow shielded from scrying, but not the usual I see nothing way, but the "I see my worst fear" way.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 02:49 PM
Catherine winces.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 02:51 PM
Bel calms down a bit, He also had to go with the extremely powerfull version, I almost died of fear, thankfully I'm trained for resisting spells like that.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 03:04 PM
Catherine nods, very glad she hadn't tried to detect anything.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 03:07 PM
I think we have to wait, but too be honest I fear for the worst, most of those drugs are extremely lethal if directly consumed.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 03:11 PM
Catherine nods and waits anxiously.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 03:12 PM
Bel sighs and looks to the rest of the tent, obviously pondering what to do.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 03:13 PM
Catherine idly sips her wine, wondering what to do now.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-22, 03:31 PM
((It's a round table in the middle of the tent, Bel is a few steps away overlooking one of the halfs, how exactly are you sitting, or are you standing beside Bel?))

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 06:15 PM
((Earlier I stated...))

She smiles and sits in the chair at Tinderhall's left hand.
((So wherever that is))

Deus Mortus
2007-02-23, 12:05 AM
((Alright, just making sure you aren't in the blastwave ;) ))

A devil runs in screaming, but you can't even hear it as three enormous balors fly through the roof of the tent, to the middle, killing a few dozen.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 12:05 PM
Catherine instantly jumps to her feet and backs off, placing a wall of force around herself defensively.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-23, 07:23 PM
Bel faces the three Balors and smiles, Lady Catherine, could you do me a favor and throw me my blade, it's next to my chair.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 07:49 PM
Catherine activates her MAGE system and simply picks up the blade with telekinesis and lets it fly towards Bel, stopping right at his hand.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-24, 06:00 AM
Bel picks up the blade and starts cutting in on the balors, it isn't long before the first one falls and he is laughing and obviously very excited to go to battle. Soldiers usually go one of two ways, either their emotions get stumped down or they start to enjoy their job, it's obvious what way Bel went.

AmberVael
2007-02-24, 01:00 PM
Catherine stays behind her wall of force, hoping nothing comes at her.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 06:15 PM
With the ease of a trained fighter Bel quickly cuts down and the balors, only to discover a group of them is running in from the entrance, still laughing he charges to them as he collides one of them is thrown back and lands only a few feet away from Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 06:34 PM
Catherine stays back in her wall of force, hoping it will ignore her.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 06:43 PM
The balor scrambles up and sees Catherine, it grins and readies it's whip.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 06:47 PM
Catherine narrows her eyes and raises her gloved hands, using technology and magic to try and hurl the balor from her.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 07:04 PM
The balor is pushed back a bit, but swings his whip at Catherine.

In the mean time Bel is blissfully cutting down an ever growing number of balors.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 07:05 PM
Catherine's wall of force, since it entirely surrounds her in a dome, deflects the whip attack quite well. She attempts to hurl the demon away again, putting more effort into it.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 07:15 PM
The balor is tackled down and roars in fury, it summons forth a crackling unholy aura and then casts blasphemy.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 07:18 PM
Catherine barely resists being banished, but the spell weakens her and keeps her from doing anything else.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 07:24 PM
The balor draws a small symbol on the ground with his sword and another balor appears.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 07:29 PM
Catherine narrows her eyes and flexes her fingers. Then suddenly she begins to use telekinesis with her MAGE glove in every single annoying way possible on one of the fiends, trying to distract and hinder him as much as she can while she casts Flesh to Stone on it.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 07:36 PM
The balor is obviously annoyed, but becomes enraged as one of it's fists becomes stone, the other attacks with both his whip and longsword, bashing into the wall of force.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 07:37 PM
Catherine continues focusing on the flesh to stone spell, trying to force the stone to more vital areas.

Deus Mortus
2007-02-25, 07:46 PM
The balor dispells the magic and the other casts firestorm.

AmberVael
2007-02-25, 07:50 PM
Catherine manages to dodge a little out of the way, and her SEER system helps alert her in time to partially 'counter' the fire with her MAGE system, cooling down the air to the correct temperature. She does, however, get a few burns. With a sigh she decides to go with the best bet for winning this battle.
She grabs her amulet and vanishes.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 02:17 PM
Bel finishes of the last of balors and turns around to see to the two, they are quickly cut down, yet he does not see the enormous balor behind him and is struck down by it's weapons, as the balor moves in for the kill, a large hole instantly appears in it's chest and it falls to dust, revealing Tinderhall behind him.

You guys can't keep a moment of peace without me, can you? He looks around and doesn't see Catherine, he quickly telepathically communes with her, Catherine, where are you?

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 02:49 PM
The OmniShop. I was hardly going to stay around with demons attacking me.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 03:04 PM
They're gone now, want me to summon you back here?

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 03:18 PM
If you would, I'd be grateful.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 03:20 PM
Tinderhall raises his hand and summons Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 03:26 PM
Catherine appears, frowning a little.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 03:46 PM
What's wrong?

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 03:46 PM
Just a little annoyed that I had to flee.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 03:53 PM
Tinderhall blinks, Why they were just a bunch of balors...

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 03:54 PM
Catherine blinks.
"Just" a bunch of balors? Oh excuse me, just a bunch of creatures that could kill me on their own.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 03:59 PM
Tinderhall raises his eyebrows, Balors, candles of the Lower Planes, my grandma can kill one! Well if she was still alive and granted she was the most powerful archmage in her time, but still...

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 04:01 PM
Yes, well I'm a simple human who has barely had time to learn of their existance. I only know as much magic as I do because of you, and its nothing compared to what I have seen hurled about carelessly in Town.
Catherine flexes her hands.
I'm nothing compared to these people in skill. Nothing at all.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 04:07 PM
Bel decides it's his time to speak, I don't usually do this, but there is the whole dark powers through the Lower Planes we offer here, just costs you one soul, well to get you started anyway, but you get a comprehensive manual how to obtain more.

Tinderhall blinks at Bel, You really really really suck at this don't you?

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 04:10 PM
Erm, I think I'll be fine, Lord Bel.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 04:13 PM
Tinderhall shakes his head, Despite the fumbling of our favorite Devil Warlord over here, he has a point, if you want quick power the lower planes are the place to go.

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 04:16 PM
Catherine sighs and takes a seat.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-05, 04:18 PM
Sorry Catherine, but great power comes through long studying or deals with more powerful beings, there is no easy way.

AmberVael
2007-03-05, 05:39 PM
I don't care that I don't have power, it just bugs me that you don't know it.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 07:13 AM
Tinderhall sighs, Well I know now and it is partially my fault, I should focus more on your training, but then again, that is partly what this trip is about.

AmberVael
2007-03-06, 08:55 AM
Catherine shrugs and looks around the room.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 11:42 AM
Anyway, I suggest we get moving to the second layer, Bel any last requests before I'm off?

Pit returns to Tinderhall's side, he looks quite happy with himself.

AmberVael
2007-03-06, 11:51 AM
Catherine waits politely.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 01:23 PM
Tinderhall makes a gesture with his hand and a portal to the second layer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36728) opens.

Bel takes a bow to Tinderhall, Catherine and Pit, Know that you will always receive a warm welcome here as long as I am ruler.

AmberVael
2007-03-06, 01:25 PM
Catherine smiles and bows to Bel.
Thank you for your generous hospitality, Lord Bel.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 01:35 PM
Come to my realm when you have time. Tinderhall steps through and after bowing Pit follows through.

AmberVael
2007-03-06, 01:43 PM
Catherine follows Tinderhall and Pit.