PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Escape button for a dwarven NSC

Fruchtkracher
2014-05-21, 05:02 PM
So my party's gonna come face to face with the leader of a thieves guild soon. While she definitely isn't a fighter and I wish to neither make her a spellcaster I want her to be smart and a bit paranoid. At the very least I she will spend a bit of her amassed fortune on protective items and escape mechanisms.
So Word of Recall seems perfect. Problem is she's neither a cleric nor a druid (in fact I want her to be a 4th level aristocrat with a largely ignored WBL). Can you purchase Word of Recall for anyone?

realbombchu
2014-05-21, 05:41 PM
Sorry, I don't know about Word of Recall off the top of my head, but if wealth isn't an issue, there are several magic items that should do the trick. Some might even seem to do the trick without having to do so. Potion of gaseous form, some kind of short range teleport through a wall to a closed off chamber beyond, stuff like that.

Also, is it really important that they meet the real boss? Because you could use illusions, doubles, simulacra, etc. I guess my point is that you have a lot of options beyond Word of Recall.

I know that Warduke, as seen in Dungeon magazine, had a Word of Recall effect imbued into his helmet, but I don't know if that's normally okay or if it was an exception.

realbombchu
2014-05-21, 05:46 PM
I just looked it up, and without Use Magic Device and a scroll, I don't think you can use it without being a caster. It's not exactly a personal range spell, but any noncasters that come along need to touch each other, and someone has to touch the caster. There's a lot of stuff I don't know about the game, though, so there might be an exception somewhere. You could still buy Warduke's helm, I guess.

nedz
2014-05-21, 05:57 PM
Just pay some caster to use Craft Contingent Spell ( Complete Arcane p77 ) and create a Triggerable Teleport for you.

Der_DWSage
2014-05-21, 06:47 PM
Sounds like you need some fancy footwear. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-getaway)

Spore
2014-05-21, 10:30 PM
A simple cape of the mountebank could to the trick. Dimension Door out of line of sight. A friend recently told me DD is not limited to line of sight so she might teleport into her sealed get-away tunnel.

Gildedragon
2014-05-21, 10:34 PM
Think that in dragon compendium there are these items called panic buttons, one of them think teleports you some distance away